Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-12-2003, 01:33 PM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default CHECK THIS OUT

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

COOL AINT IT?
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 02:45 PM   #2
FLeK0
Regular

Default Re: CHECK THIS OUT

no, but check this out first
delete it if it's not allowed, I found this posted somewhere in SK's forums.
FLeK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:52 PM   #3
enfestid
Veteran

Oh yeah? Chese these screens of CZ out:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.ph...6595&st=60

Valve didn't even leave the damn new skins in!
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 09:09 PM   #4
kevin442
Fanboy

enfestid did u post those shots?
Old 10-13-2003, 10:31 AM   #5
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
enfestid did u post those shots?
No.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:01 PM   #6
Ice_Commando
Experienced

That new militia looks kickass, I hope the play mechanics haven't changed too much.

Btw, it doesn't look like the turtle rock studios version has the new models in it, but they are there in the models directory-- maybe it's an incentive for players to complete the game.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 02:49 AM   #7
FLeK0
Regular

thats just the new maps and textures in CS1.6's current version, thats why the textures aren't wroking on old dust2.

from rizzuh
Quote:
I talked to cliffe about the models. He said that the player models just wouldn't work: The animations were poorly done and would often do very weird things. Ritual was either unwilling or unable to fix it.

In my opinion, the weapon models looked worse so I really don't miss them.

I know that, in the end, it's what the consumer wants is what they should get, but unfortunately technical problems really stopped this from happening. It's really no big loss to me because they very much got the gameplay right, in my opinion.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Waltar
Rookie

Quote:
thats just the new maps and textures in CS1.6's current version, thats why the textures aren't wroking on old dust2.

from rizzuh
Quote:
I talked to cliffe about the models. He said that the player models just wouldn't work: The animations were poorly done and would often do very weird things. Ritual was either unwilling or unable to fix it.

I know that, in the end, it's what the consumer wants is what they should get, but unfortunately technical problems really stopped this from happening. It's really no big loss to me because they very much got the gameplay right, in my opinion.
And let me assure you, the 26 poly models Cliffe made completely destory anything a professional modeler could do.

The guys ego is getting a little too out of control now.
Waltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #9
zoso
Experienced

Quote:
Quote:

from rizzuh
Quote:

And let me assure you, the 26 poly models Cliffe made completely destory anything a professional modeler could do.

The guys ego is getting a little too out of control now.
that's funny. cause everything looked and worked perfectly fine here at ritual for multiplayer and singleplayer last we shipped it to valve.

i take some offense to that weapon comment considering i modeled and animated (or tweaked the animation on) every weapon for czero. and the textures were done by some of the most fantastic skinners i've seen.

oooo only if i could show you.... oooo only if i could give you comparisons.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 05:40 PM   #10
Ice_Commando
Experienced

Quote:

from rizzuh
Quote:

What the hell, what kind of dumbass excuse is that? I have the new models scrolling through standard CS animations right now in front of me, so they're obviously lying. Even if the animations were a big deal, you can still save the models and just apply the regular old cs animations to them.
Not a smart move by valve, these models are going to start springing up on every CS skins site in a few weeks anyway.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 05:49 PM   #11
kevin442
Fanboy

Ok so on the main news page they said that rituals updated weapon models were going to be used on the 12 missions in the deleted scenes page. So if u want to use the new models you got 12 maps that u can use them on plsu special equipment for that map.
Old 10-13-2003, 05:53 PM   #12
enfestid
Veteran

Hopefully so. I may buy CZ if that's true, along with the CZ missions you guys made.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:19 PM   #13
zoso
Experienced

Quote:
no, but check this out first
delete it if it's not allowed, I found this posted somewhere in SK's forums.
wow... you're the man for posting this.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 01:16 AM   #14
FLeK0
Regular

4 min INGAME ritual-CZ action vid
http://www.thedailyshit.com/files/cz.zip
Old 10-14-2003, 06:35 PM   #15
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
4 min INGAME ritual-CZ action vid
http://www.thedailyshit.com/files/cz.zip
Maybe it's just me, but I thought that looked fun [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Stupid Valve.