Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 05-04-2004, 07:34 PM   #1
Anastasios

Default Stop misleading people!!

Valve promised us new player models in CZ 1.1. Who are they kidding? They just slapped on new skins onto the original CS models and called them "new models". When will we get the DS models? Those are great, Ritual did a great job with them. The way they walk, run, and especially die (hilarious). You're telling me Valve had almost 6 years to make this game and they're still using the outdated player models from CS?

Now if Valve said, "We're releasing new updated skins for CZ 1.1" then I would understand, but please don't tell people you're releasing new high definition player models when they're just skins.

Are we ever going to get new player models? Hopefully the DL scene ones from Ritual because those are player models.
Anastasios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 07:44 PM   #2
kanaeda
Veteran

Default Re: Stop misleading people!!

sorry, dude. After looking at the recent screenshots, those *are* new models, made in-house at Ritual. the majority of the fancy death animations (pseuodo-ragdoll deaths) are specially scripted for the single-player game. If you compare both the weapon and player models side-by-side with the old one's you will definitely see a difference in the polygon detail, as well as the texture detail and resolution.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:02 PM   #3
Anastasios

Thanks for the reply but I'm not talking about the detail. I'm not talking about the high polygon count and better textures. I'm talking about the player animation. 1.1 still uses the same player animation as CS and CZ 1.0. They promised us new player models. That's what I meant.
Anastasios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 08:22 PM   #4
Lavis

Look you CANT do it condition zero runs on an old gaming engine ok thats about the best valve can do with graphics etc. the animations must be like this for the game, with the cz 1.1 update they have not mislead anyone i got exactly what i expected better looking models which is what they said they'd have
Lavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2004, 09:14 PM   #5
zoso
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Anastasios:
Thanks for the reply but I'm not talking about the detail. I'm not talking about the high polygon count and better textures. I'm talking about the player animation. 1.1 still uses the same player animation as CS and CZ 1.0. They promised us new player models. That's what I meant.
honestly dude, the CS animations are set up completely different than the way CZ animations are.

we did TONS and TONS of animations for the DS and the other missions that didn't make it within the 10 month timeframe we had the game. CS wasn't really within our bandwidth to go back and touch up. thus, the work to go and "redo" all the CS animations is not worth it. (the ends don't justify the means in this case.)
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote