Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 07-20-2004, 07:26 PM   #1
Asakura

Default Counter Strike client

Hey, im wondering if there is any Counter Strike client that doesnt require a CD key. I dont want the LAN version as i cant use it properly. I have actually got the Counter Strike, but my mate hasn't and i want to play him. I've asked him multiple times just to buy the game, but i thought as the game is such an old game maybe the source has been around and people have made another Steam copy or maybe working on a server like platform such as the all seeing eye. Please if anyone knows of anything let me know
Asakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #2
kanaeda
Veteran

Default Re: Counter Strike client

Bypassing the CD Key mechanism violates the EULA that accompanies Counter-Strike/HL, and as such would be considered illegal. If your friend doesn't have a valid HL cd key, or a copy of the retail version of either Counter-Strike or Condition Zero then you're pretty much out of luck.

Programs like All Seeing Eye or Gamespy 3d/Arcade are for browsing/finding public game servers, which will also require a valid CD key when you try to connect and play. They are not an alternative for a legal copy of the game.

Don't expect, or ask for, people to post links to hacks, cracks, or warez'd copies of the game. Posting said information explicitly violates the Ritualistic forum rules (see link above) and will be systematically wiped out (deleted).
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote