Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Old 05-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #1
NexusOne

Default Spawn NPC

Hello Folks, I've been playing with the "npc_create" command to try and spawn various characters in the game. I can spawn Jessica on any level (does anyone know if any other characters spawn) but I can't get her to follow me - does an NPC follow behaviour depend entirely on pre-determined paths or is there a console command that can just get the NPC to arbitarily follow the player. Also does anyone knwo if I can set Jessicas agressiveness? or the weapn she spawns with? (so far all I can get is nothing or pistol "npc_create_equipment weapon_npc_pistol")

Many thanks
NexusOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:20 PM   #2
GUI

Default Re: Spawn NPC

From what I know NPC's only follow you if they have a predetermined path set by the level designer.
GUI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 07:11 PM   #3
wisecode
Experienced

Send a message via MSN to wisecode

The default NPC AI is available for NPC relationships but when you spawn NPCs you can use many NPC debug commands to move them around.
Here's some:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Npc_select
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Npc_go
wisecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 03:24 PM   #4
NexusOne

Thanks for the reply. I've been trying to work with those but I don't know how to select an npc (I've tried pointing at them and typing in the command to the console)? On another topic does anyone know the other weapons that you can give the npc - I've tried weapon_npc_pistol, 'magnum, 'shotgun, 'scatter, 'assault and only pistol works is there a way to list them in the console?

Cheers
NexusOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #5
wisecode
Experienced

You can select NPCs by class/name, group or crosshair pointer.
The entity names are based on code.
You can't pull up a list but until a FGD is released for SiN you can use GCFScape to browse the prop names and from there have something to go on under the console.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:29 AM   #6
fillit

But what code do I input behind "npc_create" when i want spawn Jessica or Elexis ? Where did you know the code from? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
fillit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 12:45 PM   #7
wisecode
Experienced

Once a SDK is granted the entity names will be available, for now I simply guess by looking at the NPC prop names.

At the bottom of this page you can see some NPC spawning options:
http://www.ritualistic.com/games.php...nfo_cheats.php

For Jessica:
Open the console and enter these commands in this order:
sv_cheats 1
npc_create_equipment weapon_npc_pistol
npc_create npc_Jessica
Old 05-26-2006, 03:30 AM   #8
fillit

"npc_create npc_Jessica" works fine.but "npc_creat npc_elexis" dont. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
fillit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #9
wisecode
Experienced

I'm partial to Jessica so that wasn't a problem. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

From what I can tell, since you don't interact with Elexis, she would only be rendered in the game as npc_Hologram/npc_generic_actor.

However if you use npc_create for Elexis it will cause a game error since no .mdl file is associated.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:04 PM   #10
kill3456

npc_druglab_grunt_assault_rifle
npc_druglab_grunt_scattergun
npc_druglab_grunt_pistol
npc_druglab_worker
npc_civilian
npc_druglab_jetpack(not sure if right name)
npc_druglab_helicopter
npc_recombinant_major
npc_recombinant_minor
npc_jessica
npc_sintek_grunt
npc_druglab_grunt_elite
npc_quadralex

There happy now?
kill3456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 11:35 AM   #11
PsychosesMan

Default Getting Jessica to sort-of follow you

When I played HL2 I used this method to get Alyx as a companion-ish NPC, and I adapted it to Jessica after I beat Emergence. It's the next-best thing to having them follow you, in my opinion.

First, I put the following in a CFG file:
<font class="small">Code:</font><hr /><pre>bind "t" "developer 2 ; npc_select ally_jessica ; npc_go ; developer 0"
bind "y" "developer 2 ; ent_remove ally_jessica ; npc_create npc_jessica ; ent_setname ally_jessica ; developer 0"
bind "u" "developer 2 ; npc_create_equipment weapon_assault_rifle ; developer 0"
bind "i" "developer 2 ; npc_create_equipment weapon_scattergun ; developer 0"
bind "o" "developer 2 ; npc_create_equipment weapon_npc_pistol ; developer 0" </pre><hr />

I then turned on sv_cheats. The way the above script works is that you press Y to spawn/teleport Jessica to the point on the ground that the crosshair is pointing at (it may take a few tries 'cause the engine can be picky about valid locations to spawn her), and pressing T while pointing at the ground should make her try to walk there (again, sometimes takes a few tries, but usually works eventually), and U, I, and O are used to pick what weapon she has when you spawn/teleport her with Y. U is assault rifle, I is shotgun, O is pistol. If you want to remove her completely, point either directly at her or at an invalid spawn location and press Y.

Since she can't climb ladders or jump, you can use Y to teleport her to you once you again reach walkable terrain. In combat, she will move on her own, but won't follow you unless you do the pressing-T thing.

Also, if you didn't infer it from the code, the npc_create_equipment thingies for the weapons are weapon_assault_rifle and weapon_scattergun.

I hope this is helpful to one or more people.
PsychosesMan is offline   Reply With Quote