Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 08-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #1
JoelF
Veteran

Default Reflection/Blur issue

Hey! I hope this hasn't been answered yet; I did a quick search and didn't see anything that applies to my issue, I think.

I seem to have a problem with certain reflections or shaders. I have only noticed this issue in two separate places. one being underwater and the other when in the poison gas slow-motion sequence. When I am in the slow-mo sequence, the screen becomes hazy/blurry/whatever like it's supposed to, but when I'm moving around sometimes, the pixels blur (i.e. leaving a trail of blurred pixels, akin to a smear of sorts). The same problem occurs when underwater, looking up through the surface. I haven't seen this issue when looking through the forcefield doors or other water reflections.

I have Direct X 9 installed and the stock drivers that came with my laptop. I have an ATI x1600 graphics card, and I went to update the drivers on the site, and the utility said it was unsupported. What do I do? Should I install the Omega drivers, or force the Catalyst drivers to install anyways? Is it possible to use the desktop drivers for a notebook card? I understand that the mobile architechure is simply ported over and tweaked/redesigned for mobile usage, so I don't know if it's okay to get the drivers intended for the desktop card that my GPU was built off of.

Whew. Long post. I hope that made sense, and I didn't make an ass out of myself.

Thanks,

Joel.
JoelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 03:05 AM   #2
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Default Re: Reflection/Blur issue

I'd say try the Omega ones, and also try downloading the latest and get this tool.

http://www.driverheaven.net/patje/

It does not say it supports your card, but it may.

I cannot be responsible for anything that breaks

--------------------
Sarkie
http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
JoelF
Veteran

If it breaks, can't I just roll back the drivers so it works again? I did that with my old Nvidia card on my desktop computer when the particle effects went screwy.

Edit: My card isn't supported by that tool. Yet...

Last edited by JoelF : 08-22-2006 at 06:13 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:02 AM   #4
Sarkie
Community Moderator

yes the rollback would work, just making sure i was covered

How about the Omega Drivers?

--------------------
Sarkie
http://sarkies.blogspot.com/
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2006, 10:07 PM   #5
JoelF
Veteran

Downloaded the Omega drivers, will try them out sometime this weekend, most likely.

Thank you very much, Sarkie! You're a great help.
Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 PM   #6
UTWarden
Experienced

I'm still running the Omega's based on the 6.2's, I've not seen a reason to update them yet, though the Cat 6.8's look good (from a benchmark point of view), Back on topic, Joel you didn't turn anything off? in the video card Driver settings?
UTWarden is offline   Reply With Quote