Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 02-24-2003, 01:39 AM   #1
happy_cravings
Casual

Default Vehicles in CZ?

I have noticed that driving vehicles had been modded into the actual counter-strike multiplayer [img]/forums/images/icons/ooo.gif[/img] but with no animations [img]/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] . When driving the player just stands in front of the vehicle and in first person no animation of steering the wheel, being able to drive vehicles are in maps such as de_havoc, cs_dunes, cs_jeepathon2k e.t.c...OK back to the main point, just asking will you be able to drive vehicles in Condition Zero?...and IF you can will there be driving animations?
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2003, 02:17 PM   #2
Castle
Level Designer

Default Re: Vehicles in CZ?

==Also keep in mind that this was of my own personal experimentation and my views may not be the same as ThE ReSt Of HuMAnItY!===

One of the first things I checked out was exactly what you mentioned as soon as I started on the project. I thought to myself “WOW this should be easy get into the game!”

Umm
Then once I checked out how the vehicles worked. It was all down hill from there.
“Why is my jeep stuck in the wall?”
“If I turn sharply the origin of the jeep got shifted and I got crushed to death.”
“Why am I in the back seat?”
“Hey look if I go really fast over this jump I die!”
I attempted to mess around with it some more but these “vehicles” are not exactly what I would have considered to be a good idea for a commercial quality product.

After messing around with them I quickly understood at least a few good reasons why they had removed that APC thing from siege.

So im sorry to say that this Idea died pretty quickly….
It’s a great question to ask though because I asked the same thing so many months ago.

==Also keep in mind that this was of my own personal experimentation and my views may not be the same as ThE ReSt Of HuMAnItY!==
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 05:41 AM   #3
happy_cravings
Casual

[img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] so much for the half-life engine...but i understand why u had to use it, but from the screenshots and all it seems cz looks quite nice for just a first person shooter... [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

ummmm.....i wonder what engine battlefield 1942 uses? u can drive jeeps and tanks very smoothly...and even planes too [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:55 AM   #4
MadOnion
Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Using most robust 3D rendering engine available, the proprietary Refractor 2 engine, Battlefield 1942 recreates these theatres in stunning detail.

[/ QUOTE ]Battlefield 1942 uses an engine developed for the game by Digital Illusions AKA Dice.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2003, 07:32 PM   #5
MrPsycho
Veteran

Actually I think the bf1942 engine is pretty crummy, but whatever. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
MrPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 08:20 AM   #6
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Maybe, but it's really fun to play....
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote