Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-11-2003, 03:47 PM   #1
Soyoman
Rookie

Default Recycled models.............

I was looking at the player models in the renders and have realized that for all but the sas, they've done nothing but recycle the same model with a different skin. Not very original. I mean they look good and all, but why can't they do like valve was doing and have more variety. I personaly liked the valve player models way better. They were less chunky looking, and more realistic. And if it's an issue of fps problems and stuff, well let's put it this way.....if you can't run cs or half-life very fast, then you should get yourself a new computer or graphics card 'cause it's stuff like that that ruins it for people like me with high-end machines.
Soyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #2
MadOnion
Fanatic

Default Re: Recycled models.............

Player Model Renders

SEAL (Ritual Entertainment)

VS

SEAL (Gearbox Software)

GIGN (Ritual Entertainment)

VS

GIGN (Gearbox Software)

Screenshots

T's

CT's
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 06:32 PM   #3
Dark Horizon
Rookie

all the player models and skins have been restarted from the ground up
Dark Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:04 PM   #4
mFu
Experienced

gearbox ts look like hillbillies. i thought they supposed to be fearsome bad guys. they look like distressed postal workers or farmers that got their crops desttroyed by a hurricane
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2003, 09:12 PM   #5
Soyoman
Rookie

Those are just the american militia terrorists there are other groups too like arabs and stuff.
Old 04-11-2003, 10:04 PM   #6
hearst44
Regular

Ritual did one hell of a job with the new skins.
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2003, 12:53 AM   #7
Soyoman
Rookie

I wasn't refering to the skins just the models. I meant that they are kinda chunky and they just re-used the same model for the Seal, GSG9, and GIGN. The skins are good, but I like the Valve ones better.
Old 04-12-2003, 12:59 PM   #8
zoso
Experienced

speculation about how artwork is done won't put you on the top of anyone's list. your realization about the models is completely wrong.

gearbox's version of the ct's and t's differed too much from the current build of cs models. valve had ritual make the models more close to the current build so that player's wouldn't have to adjust their mindset about what t's and ct's looked like in the counter-strike universe.

these models are not re-hased. they are absolutely 100% new and well done in every aspect. if you can't see that then your eye has poor taste for quality.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:51 AM   #9
Soyoman
Rookie

I didn't say they were re-hashed, I said that they used the same model for the three different types of CT's. If you look close they all have the same face, shape, and size. And I really don't care how much the Valve CT's differed from the original CT's, I still think they are better. Take it from someone who has totally converted CS to high-poly models for everything. It looks and sounds much better than the original CS. In fact if all I had were the defaults, I wouldn't be playing CS today. Bottom line is, CS is getting old and a lot of people are tired of looking at the same old crappy graphics everytime they play. The Ritualistic player models are good but are too close to the original models of CS for it to be interesting. At least with Valve's models there would have been an interesting enough variety to make it fun, and a little more realistic.
Old 04-13-2003, 01:16 AM   #10
kanaeda
Veteran

if you expect anyone to take you seriously make sure you undertand who you're talking about first.

Ritualistic is a fan site. They do not make games.

Ritual Entertainment is working on Counter-Strike: Condition Zero. We make games.

Gearbox Software was previously working on Condition Zero. They make games, too.

Valve is over-seeing/producing Condition Zero. Yup, games... they make em. They also work with other developers to produce them.

Take another look at the Seal, GIGN, and GSG9 models from Ritual. You will see that they are unique models, each having it's own details and highlights that set it apart from the others. Who can complain that the human form happens to have distinct characteristics that should be and are found in all of these models?
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 02:08 AM   #11
Torpedo
Experienced

Yeeeees........ But where are the hi-poly pimp hats?
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 11:14 AM   #12
zoso
Experienced

dammit!!!! i knew we were missing something!!!
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2003, 12:50 PM   #13
Soyoman
Rookie

Lol, now that would be sweet..... [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] . I wasn't trying to start a flame session folks. I was just voicing an opinion. I'm still going to buy CZ no matter what, I was just saying that the models lacked a little finess is all. Ritual is doing a good job, I was just hoping that the new version would look a little like Valve's. But is ok, I apologize to anyone I may have PO'd, it was not my intention.
Old 04-13-2003, 12:58 PM   #14
MadOnion
Fanatic

"I was just hoping that the new version would look a little like Valve's"

You mean the old Gearbox models.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 01:00 AM   #15
MachineX
Experienced

I love the new Ritual models, but Gearbox's models have a more realistic look to their faces.... Overall the Ritual entertainment models own.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On another note, off topic I recently compared the trailers of Gearbox and Ritual......I love how Gearbox's trailor is intense and has much more action then in the slow paced Ritual trailor, which displays a deep seriousness to it. Still I expect more from Ritual..... [img]/forums/images/icons/smirk.gif[/img] .
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote