Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-18-2003, 10:28 AM   #26
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Default Re: NO BUNNY HOPPING IN CZ!

The jumping is based on player "physics" so it's more in the programmers realm to fiddle with. An animator can animate whatever he wants to, but it won't change the physical movement of a player. Basically, animation makes the physical movement of a character in 3-D space look more convincing. Otherwise you'd basically have a cardboard box moving around, jumping, shooting, etc.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 10:37 AM   #27
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Ok, lets see here.

The dive might be cool, but I can see players getting pissed off at the long time it would take to move from the laying on ground position to fully standing back up. If jumping up and down slows you down, just imagine what a huge time penalty diving to the ground would be.

A fast climb function might require another button to learn on the keyboard. In my opinion, games need to scale down their complexity of button controls. I suppose the crates could have special trigger or scripts that instruct the game to make the player climb faster.

I think what would be cool is if the time it takes to run from a jump is varied by how high the player jumped from. So, if he jumps from a 6 ft drop, he's gonna have a hard landing and it will take him longer to start running full speed than if he jumped from flat ground.

Note: I'm just talking about this to get ideas out there and it doesn't mean Ritual is doing anything to change jumping in anyway.
Old 04-18-2003, 11:02 AM   #28
zoso
Experienced

here's the way it is.

ritual makes cz based on the cs universe.

valve made and still has complete control of cs. control which was not given to ritual.

all cs changes/additions whatever are because of valve not ritual. everything you see in cz is because of ritual. in essence no matter how much "ritual" wants to change stuff for cs and no matter how much the community asks us it's not going to happen because we are not in charge of the development of cs, valve is.

so once again asking us is a moot point because we do not own the liscense of cs to change and go willy nilly as we see fit. cs is valve's property and i'm flattered to think that you guys think that we have to power to change cs but alas........ we don't..

i don't mean tot crush hopes and dreams, but--like i said--that's just the way it is.

[img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 12:08 PM   #29
GunSm0k3
Experienced

It's still counter-terrorism, I don't see any navy-seal with bodyarmor, handgun in holster, nades on jacket doing a dive around a corner, 1 it ain't comfortable, 2 you can't aim well even for a small time when you stopped diving rolling, 3 your like real easy to shoot " oh look their rolls an dude over the floor. BANG"

Jumping, as you run and jump you won't slow down, but if you yump from a ledge from standing still you will.
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2003, 05:01 PM   #30
BrushBaron
Level Designer

Dude... I wasn't asking Ritual to change anything, like I said in my post, I was just discussing different design issues.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:58 PM   #31
zoso
Experienced

dude i wasn't talking to you i was talking to the community. i've seen lots of questions asked about changes and what not. i'm just letting them know that valve still makes the decisions that form cs not ritual. so asking ritual to make changes to a game that they have no control over is asking in vain.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2003, 04:38 PM   #32
MachineX
Experienced

Well, most of you are not looking into cs much then. The whole point of CSCZ is to bring to you a better universe of CS in a improved graphic environment along with more bad ass weaponary. It is not there to CHANGE THE GAME PLAY, and what you are able to do. Only if valve give the okay, like the ritual staff said. CS makes up a unique game and if changing its playability it might have a negative or positive effect. Personally I find the jump system a little annoying but I have gotten used to it. It all takes time, but not too much I can't stand how I had to wait so long for CZ. [img]/forums/images/icons/mad.gif[/img] Thank god it is close to release or i would have to go back hiding in my corner waiting, waiting, waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Playing cs, playing cs, where is CZ, playing cs, playing cs, CZ nooooo, playing cs, playin cs, playin cs, 1 year later while playin cs, lalala it will be out in MAY muhahaha.........Woohoo, playin cs, playin cs, playin cz, playin cz, playin cz, many years later...............Playin CS3 , playin CS3, and so on.............(I have been playin cs since 2000, now 2003, quite an interesting 3 years =P).
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote