Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 05-10-2003, 05:39 PM   #1
SRTDiSifer

Default Condition Zero

Anyone else notice the difference between the Half-Life 2 screens and Condition Zero? Half-Life 2 looks much better; yeah they're two seperate games, I understand but Condition Zero's graphics look like crap..no other way to say it. Maybe the developers of Condition Zero should switch engines? Seem's like Condition Zero is nothing but a few new weapons, some player models and new maps; it's the same exact gfx engine as the original CS except it is supposively "enhanced." I see no enhancement at all; does anyone else? [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

{SRT}DiSifer
SRTDiSifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 05:55 PM   #2
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: Condition Zero

condition zero is using the half-life engine which is five year old tech. meaning that the renderer (what processes the visual information of how it displays on your monitor) is also fiver year old tech. so, any computer that could run half-life five years ago is essentially the same computer that condition zero will have to meet the minimum specs for.

half-life 2 is using their new "source" engine or the half-life 2 engine. this technology doesn't even have a game in the retail stores to it's name. and the engine was made to compete with the likes of the doom engine, unreal warefare, x-ray, crytec and other engines of this day in age.

so yes by specs alone condition zero will hold to lower requirements; but, the artwork is not crap.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 05:59 PM   #3
SRTDiSifer

Yes the artwork is fine. I'm talking about the graphical aspect of the game. I see no large difference between the graphics of this and those of the original CS. The Half-Life engine should be replaced with something new, such as a tweaked version of the Unreal engine as Tribes:Vengeance will hold(which looks yummy by the way) Maybe they have considered this and is a reason for the delay. I remember on Amazon.com last july I pre-ordered CZ because it was said to be released August 11th...I canceled that pre-order.. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-10-2003, 06:00 PM   #4
BrushBaron
Level Designer

I will enlighten you since you are mis-informed. The only enhanced version you'll see is on the XBox. The PC version of Condition Zero uses the same engine as Half-Life/Counter-Strike for technical and asthetic compatibility reasons.

As far as your assessment to Condition Zero only being a game to offer a few new weapons, player models and maps, you are CORRECT!! DING DING DING! There are so many games that don't offer what we do, it's amazing. I once played this game where there was a menu and I clicked on new game but no maps were included. It just said "loading..." forever. It was a fun game, but now that we are offering a new kind of game that includes maps, models and weapons, it's a WHOLE new never before seen experience that will BLOW YOU AWAY!

Not only do we have maps, but they are crafted by the industries best level designers like Levelord who is an industry celebrity. We also have Mr.Clean who has done some amazing work in the Quake3 community. Our animators are top quality, hell, everything you see in Condition Zero will be top notch and the experience will really make you feel like an action hero/Counter Terrorist saving the world. The comat takes place in various locations all over the world and it's fun, chaotic and intense.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 06:03 PM   #5
SRTDiSifer

I love posting..anyways, wouldn't the same 5-year old engine, a few new levels, weapons and models defeat the purpose of a whole new game? Why not just another patch. It seem's rather redundant. Then again what do I know..I'm just a consumer...
Old 05-10-2003, 07:37 PM   #6
The_Squeeze
Casual

This is more of an expansion pack than a totally new game. You do not see Blizzard redesigning their expansion packs with a whole new engine. They just basically provide new material here and there and build off the original engine with some cool new content. This is what Ritual is doing.

What you are thinking about is CS:2. Which Valve is actually working now at the moment.
The_Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 07:46 PM   #7
SRTDiSifer

Ok so I'm stupid..stop making fun of me [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
ha..
Old 05-10-2003, 09:42 PM   #8
MachineX
Experienced

I had to post this some where!!!!! Go now here don't ASK GO!!!!! (NEW HL2 PICs) $@%$$#%$@$!!@#@!#@!

http://www.gamemarshal.com/gamecente...=Half-Life%202

Look at the bottom left!!!!
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 10:21 PM   #9
Hamster_of_Doom

Don't worry, you wouldn't be the first to notice that eyecandy aglore [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Hamster_of_Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2003, 10:43 PM   #10
MachineX
Experienced

[img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] I love you very much HL2 [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Go here, saying this again

http://www.gamemarshal.com/gamecente...=Half-Life%202

Imagine a cstrike mod for this baby!!!!! OMG heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Read about hl2 you will love it. Just do it for the sake of not being the only one who doesnt know, plz. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
I can't wait till e3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No sept. 30th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-10-2003, 10:54 PM   #11
SRTDiSifer

hmm...sounds like an idea..
Old 05-10-2003, 11:21 PM   #12
MachineX
Experienced

I can't remember when i have been this excited over a game (cs,cz:cz), any way I can't wait!!!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] AND NOW HL2 [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]/forums/images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2003, 03:53 AM   #13
rootbin
Experienced

hl2 > cs:cz
rootbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 10:22 AM   #14
SRTDiSifer

rgr that
Old 05-11-2003, 02:20 PM   #15
MadOnion
Fanatic

Sure, HL2 wins hands down for best visuals but you can't judge the most important design element -- gameplay -- until a demo is released. The CS formula is nearly perfect, assuring a fun game experience in CZ. For all you know, HL2 could be nothing more than commercialized rehashed crap unworthy of serious attention.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 02:47 PM   #16
hearst44
Regular

So is another trailer going to come out, or do we have to wait until the website goes up?
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2003, 03:46 PM   #17
MadOnion
Fanatic

At the very least MS will release a new trailer next week, showing off the Xbox port of CS. I don't know what Vivendi or Valve has planned for CZ.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2003, 05:54 PM   #18
MachineX
Experienced

Well first of all cs came from hl! Second, if you would have bothered to read the preview on it, it tells you how awsome it really is. So go to game marshals, then read it!!!!!!!!! [img]/forums/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

http://www.gamemarshal.com/gamecente...php?&id=39