Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 05-19-2003, 12:27 PM   #1
The_Squeeze
Casual

Default Very Soon

Since it appears some of you are starved for info. It seems that the game is very shortly going to go gold "if" it has not already.

"Perhaps the best news we received during our E3 demo is that Condition Zero is nearly finished: a release candidate has been shipped off, and it's possible the game could be on store shelves as early as June. With that in mind, there's only one thing left to say: "go! go! go!"

http://www.gamespy.com/e32003/preview/pc/1002763/
The_Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 12:51 PM   #2
Roncorolla

Default Re: Very Soon

Oh, so there is that date of June again...man those screens make me wanna play already. Damn damn damn...well I sure hope that it is released this month instead of next. Only time will tell. I wonder if the game installs as a mod into the half life directory? Or if so, can models that have been made by third parties be used to replace models in Condition Zero, I already have a set of weapons models that I am hard to part from playing with?
Roncorolla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 01:43 PM   #3
FLeK0
Regular

Default not Very Soon

A game can't just go gold and be released worldwide in 10 days, it takes 20-25, at least. [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
FLeK0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 01:46 PM   #4
MadOnion
Fanatic

Default Re: not Very Soon

Sure it can. Some publishers such as GOD will get a game on shelves within a week of the gone gold announcement.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 02:10 PM   #5
kanaeda
Veteran

CS:CZ is a stand-alone game. it does not require an installation of HL.

I suppose you could swap out the weapon models, but after getting a look at what the artists here at Ritual have put together you probably won't need to bother. [img]/forums/images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:38 PM   #6
MachineX
Experienced

Yes, but isnt it going to be Downloadable only for it's Mp? It will be released as a patch? Am I wrong, because thats what Ih ave been hearing. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:40 PM   #7
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

There has been talk about CZ (the whole thing) being available via Steam (for cash, of course). I don't think there will be other distribution methods besides that and the retail channel.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 05:42 PM   #8
MachineX
Experienced

Yes I know it will be Downloadable for the game, but isnt a patch coming out for the Mp of CZ., that will replace 1.5?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To tell you the truth there are so many secrets about when the game comes out I started to lose interest in CZ because of it, so im going to go play cs 1.5 till I find out. Otherwise im just not excited because I know what to expect, but not when to expect it (Which I would be excited if I new when to be excited for it to come out.) My patience for the game has been decreasing greatly, a few years, and im just not interested till I play it. So till then ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz................ [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2003, 07:56 PM   #9
kanaeda
Veteran

a patch will be coming out for the HL mod version of CStrike that makes it compatible with what ships in the box with Condition Zero (i'm assuming it will be the official release of 1.6).

As stated before, the patch will make it compatible with the version of Cstrike that comes with Condition Zero. This doesn't include the updated art asssets that come with Condition Zero (100% rebuilt player and weapon models), the higher resolution sounds, or the 10 new multiplayer levels. If you want the new content, you purchase Condition Zero. There currently is no official plan to release said content through additional updates to the mod version of CStrike.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote