Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 05-24-2003, 07:19 PM   #1
dark
Casual

Default Gone gold in may?

Ok, now the word on the street is cz is going gold in may and will be hitting the shelves in june. OK, that is a little broad June is 31 days long so how soon? Its about time you guys said something on the release date. I want to buy this game, but the longer you make us the customers wait, the more we dont care any longer to purchase the game.
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 07:26 PM   #2
hearst44
Regular

Default Re: Gone gold in may?

if u read the earlier posts its said that its suuposed to go gold in late may, and hit the shelves first or second week in june
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 08:36 PM   #3
zoso
Experienced

june is 30 days long
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:05 PM   #4
dark
Casual

30..31 its all the same you get the picture so dont go technical on my ass
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #5
MachineX
Experienced

I do agree, however, the fact that making the people wait longer does make them loose interest. I have not lost interest in this game just yet, but my patience is being tested here. Not as hard as some mods for hl. One of the mods has taken since 98 and there still updating, etc. Thats when my patience is lost. So ill get really, really bored about CZ in about maybe, a month or two............ I really don't care I'm semi-bored. When it gets out ill dl the free mp patch or whatever the case.
Which I am very sure they will, that was valve's plan when gearbox was doing cz. Give a free cz mp patch then if you want better stuff like the sp, etc, then you buy it. Hopefully they did not change that. I guess only time will tell [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img] .
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 04:39 AM   #6
happy_cravings
Casual

Yup, time has drawn near...and my interest to Condition Zero is now like a crumb of breed.

Instead my interest has drawn a popular game called "Diablo II."
happy_cravings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 08:15 AM   #7
GunSm0k3
Experienced

diablo II is as dumb as it gets ... clickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickycl ickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclickyclic kyclickyclickyclickyclickyclicky..... you get the picture
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 01:01 PM   #8
Torpedo
Experienced

LOD killed Diablo 2.
I had a level 70 necromancer who went from hero to zero when LOD got patched for the second time. I had my ass handed to me by one (1) of those ghost-bird thingies in Nightmare constantly. Probably my own fault for not anticipating that Blizzard would introduce the lovely "Immune to physical" property to 70% of the monsters 1 year later. [img]/forums/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2003, 06:59 PM   #9
MachineX
Experienced

Diablo is fun, I stopped playing because, well dunno being a barbarian got boring but I still have an urge to play....Nah im just going to stay away form diablo 2 for a while.
Old 05-26-2003, 03:10 AM   #10
GunSm0k3
Experienced

Diablo I was fun, Diablo II was "wow this is cool, and new" but houres later, "bah I had enough of it."
GunSm0k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 08:20 AM   #11
MadOnion
Fanatic

From what I gather, the next client update for HL/CS (retail + mod) will coincide with CZ going gold. This means that everyone will have the same multiplayer experience (from a gameplay standpoint) when CZ ships. Valve may not be ready to follow through with their ambitious release plans this week. We'll see... don't get your hopes up yet.

Barring an unforeseen change of heart (euphemism for a stupid impulsive decision angering legions of fans), at the latest, Valve will release CS 1.6 and CZ sometime in June and singlehandedly topple the Internet once again.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:31 PM   #12
Kalabalana
Veteran

Well, that's too bad - BUT I just found this wc3 mod server that seems to only attract cal-o and lesser players. I'm a god on that server, playing there is helping me deal with this anticipation for cz coming out. Of course this excitation peaked in late april-early may when I thoguth the game might be coming out soon, but even though it's lessening, it's still high enough to make you itch (in a psychotic manner so to speak).
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2003, 01:53 PM   #13
MachineX
Experienced

Yes, so far it's coming out in early june as the looks of it, which was said on ign going on about a month ago when they expect it to be released. So far they are right, I'm not too mad about Cz not being released in May, as long as they make sure it's early june, not heading to late june. There might be a possible release of it still in may, but the odds of that happening are extremly high to my knowledge. I wish it came out early May, but thats already not possible, so whats next? [img]/forums/images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have to get some coffee in me now, I can't take feeling like im not awake, but asleep. [img]/forums/images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2003, 08:48 PM   #14
mFu
Experienced

I don't expect CZ to come out in early June. Wouldn't Valve have made an announcement by now? Going gold in early June seems more reasonable.
mFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 07:50 PM   #15
hearst44
Regular

Are there any more reviews or previews scheduled to come out in the next week or 2?
hearst44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 10:04 PM   #16
MadOnion
Fanatic

You can count on it. By the way, there's no chance of CZ going gold or CS 1.6 being released this week. Valve needs to get the word out about huge client/server updates and they would've notified at least one of the major game portals by now.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote