Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2003, 11:14 AM   #1
Final_Frontier
Fanboy

Default Thoughts on starting to make maps for EF2

I don't know if this thread should be moved to the editing forum or to somewhere else but I'll just post it here and see what happens. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I am thinking of starting to make maps for EF2 and I have a few questions. You should know that I am completely new to this (map making of ANY kind), so I'm a complete n00b. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] Thinking of that last scentence I just wrote, maybe it's to hard for me to start making maps with such complex tools as the first thing I do. Well, that's what I intend to find out. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Right, the questions (some -all?- are directed to those with a bit of experience in the subject)!
What experience does it take (what things should you have done/tried before you get into map making)?
Do I need programming skills (what language)?
Any other tips or help is extremely appreciated (I'm sure that I have forgotten at least a dozen questions).

I hope to be an experienced mapper some day, and I hope this post is the start! I know that I sound like the most naive person in the world but I have to start somewhere.
Final_Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote