Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 07-07-2003, 11:55 PM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default Condition Zero Question

So let me get this straight. CZ is done and ready to go gold but it cant because cs 1.6 is not completly bug free and hasnt been released yet. So when 1.6 is bug free and is released cz will go gold?
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:10 AM   #2
Kalabalana
Veteran

Default Re: Condition Zero Question

Ritual is waiting for Valve to give the go ahead, I think it's obvious Valve hasn't given the go ahead for gold because of 1.6's bugs. So yeah, we don't have cz because 1.6 is being ground out at a horribly excruciatingly slow pace.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 02:39 AM   #3
Soyoman
Rookie

I think they should just forget making CS and CZ compatible for now. Almost everyone is going to buy CZ anyway, so just make them seperate for now. When they finish 1.6 and it can connect the two, then fine, release it then. Meanwhile, everyone who buys CZ can get used to it.
Soyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2003, 01:30 PM   #4
kevin442
Fanboy

plus i think they should release it now because I think most ppl who buy it r going to play the single player mode.

just my 2 cents
Old 07-08-2003, 07:02 PM   #5
Kalabalana
Veteran

[23:14] <Automator> can any valve staff comment on cz being done already, and it being held back by valve and/or sierra?
[23:14] <ErikJ> Automator - It's not done yet. Soon.

BrushBaron wrote:
Quote:
We actually wanted the game out a few weeks ago because it would have meant greater sales figures in Europe. However, that was out of Ritual's control unfortunately.
Pure bs, PURE BS. Apperently he was taken off guard by Automators accurate grasp of the situation and said whatever popped into his mind to fully beat down the fact cz is or could easily be done and go gold today.

By the way, heads up to Automator for putting Valve on the spot.
Old 07-08-2003, 08:43 PM   #6
enfestid
Veteran

I have no idea why they're delaying it, let alone denying it. It's been said it will have a decent price, though, so I wonder how low it'll drop with them delaying it until September (if it has gone that far as the stores would have us believe).
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:07 AM   #7
Soyoman
Rookie

It's like I said in that post I made a while ago, CZ is gonna hit the shelves at roughly the same time HL2 comes out, so CZ will last maybe 1 or 2 months and then everyone will be playing HL2, and soon after CS2 will come out and CZ will dissapear all together. CZ, at this point, is a waste of time. And quite frankly, so is a 1.6 update for CS. If Valve can't get their sh@t together and stop the delays, this game will be dead before it hits the shelves, if it isn't already.
I
f they were really smart, they would release a demo, to keep the peoples' interest.

Too much hype and not enough substance = NO SALES, it's the law of successful business.

Soyoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:21 AM   #8
Torpedo
Experienced

I still think it's odd that Valve went through the trouble of changing developers so many times, just to screw the game over by placing the release date so close to one of their other titles.

One day they demand perfection, the next they can't even be bothered to ship it out the door.

I guess this will serve as a lesson for you poor ppl @ Ritual; to never work on a title you don't control yourself.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 01:21 AM   #9
xile
Regular

Ok im tired of the people coming on here talking about how when HL2 comes out CS/CZ will no longer be. That is untrue. One thing Counter-Strike has over single player and multi-player half-life is playability. As long as there is a community for CS it will always be around. Well look how big it is. what is there usually roughly 75,000 players online at one time? HL2 is not going to take away all those players. What about all the people with dialup? Thats what mainly CZ is for is for Single Player Counter-strike. The new 1.6 I think is great and CZ looks like it to. I will purchase HL2 when it comes out , but it will not stop my CS 1.6/CZ playing.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 02:00 AM   #10
Kalabalana
Veteran

85,000 at the minimum at any given time for cs (computer and videogames). also this number is only representitive of those servers that 'computer and videogame's moniters, not of all servers, so the nunmber more than likely is easily in excess of 100k at any given time.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:25 PM   #11
Castle
Level Designer

Hmm
How did this information ever get out?
I wish that there was something I could say.

When is 1.6 going to come out again?
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:58 PM   #12
Kalabalana
Veteran

Castle, sometimes it's what you don't say, that speaks volumes
Old 07-09-2003, 08:16 PM   #13
MachineX
Experienced

Well, what I have seen for Hl2 says to me and alot that this is the game that started it all. This is what hl is made of and everything with it. Plus it comes with <font color="yellow">graphics </font> and <font color="yellow">physics </font> that were never thought possible in a game. It looks fantastic, a really intense story (what I hear.). I think, in my opinion that it will take a great porpotion from cz. Thats only my opinion, but I always could be mistaken.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="orange"> Savin up for a radeon 9700 pro instead of a 9800 pro.</font>
MachineX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 10:56 PM   #14
enfestid
Veteran

For those who have not yet seen it, Planet Half-Life e-mailed Gabe Newell about the status of HL2 and CZ:
Quote:
We'll release Condition Zero when it's done and we'll release Half-Life 2 when it's done.

Anyhow, how would we actually deal with Condition Zero slipping dramatically? We certainly wouldn't delay HL-2. What happens if CZ slipped again? Then you'd have nothing to sell, for no good reason. All the MOD teams would be sitting around with no new engine to work on. And on and on ... If CZ were really going to slip, we'd be far more likely to postpone it until well after HL-2, and port it to Source.

I'm pointing this out not because we have this problem but so people can have enough insight into how these kind of decisions would get made so they can filter them themselves.

So, CZ isn't slipping, and even if it did, it would have no impact on the HL-2 schedule.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2003, 08:10 PM   #15
LEPrecon
Casual

CZ hasnt been released yet because they like to see us gamers suffer
LEPrecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2003, 12:23 AM   #16
tada
Rookie

Heh, I'm with you on that... or because that there is so many bugs in 1.6 or... the fact that they are using "pesticide" on it extremely slowly. Either way... it's making it hard for us. Heh.
tada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:39 PM   #17
Automator
Veteran

Thanks Kalabalana for recognizing whats going on. I am currently on vacation and have limited access to the internet so sorry for the late response.
If you read the gabe e-mail it shows the way they think. So if the delay for hl2 is true then it makes sense with their mentality (even though it contridicts gabes response). CZ and 1.6 on sept. 1 then hl2 in the holiday season. I think we all would agree that would be a mistake. hl2 has a huge selling potential over halo and doom if it is released before them.
Ok...now for a quick question: Is cz using the knife in 1.6 or the one pictured on the ritual cz site (under equipment in argentina)? Just curious.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:45 PM   #18
BrushBaron
Level Designer

The thing about gabe, I've only seen one email from gabe, some screenshot someone made of his hotmail account and gabe said, "That's the first I've seen." regarding the announcement. That doesn't mean anything... the game could still be delayed.
BrushBaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 12:14 AM   #19
Torpedo
Experienced

Quote:

Gabe Newell: "We'll release Condition Zero when it's done and we'll release Half-Life 2 when it's done."

Hmmm.... where have I heard that before? Oh yeah!

George Broussard: "Duke Nukem Forever will be released when it's done."

Let's see, Q4 2003 + 7 more years, means I'll be 30+ when it hits the shelves. I'd better start saving my money now.
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 12:50 AM   #20
d4rksuN
Veteran

Why do they have to ruin my dreams?! You bastards!!
d4rksuN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 01:55 AM   #21
kevin442
Fanboy

on the main news part they said cz will go gold one of these days. do they mean one of these days in thsi week or was he just making a joke?
Old 07-31-2003, 03:15 AM   #22
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Don't take everything I write so literally. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

That's not to say it may not go gold one of these days.. I mean, I can neither confirm nor deny these allegations! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 04:38 AM   #23
Vash
Experienced

damn u badman quit playing with my head
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote