Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 09-07-2003, 08:54 PM   #1
Vash
Experienced

Default M4A1 question.

Are you guys going to make it where if you have a silencer on and someone looks at you it look like theres a silencer on and if you take it off it looks like theres not a sliencer? Also fix the bug where the fire comes out correctly on it. Thats all for this post.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:39 PM   #2
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: M4A1 question.

no..

sorry

to change that (which is a process that we are far beyond in ever essence of the word) would require code changes to counter-strike. we (ritual) were not paid to make changes to counter-strike. we (ritual) were paid to make a single-player version "based" off of the counter-strike license.

all changes to counter-strike the multiplayer game are in and will forever be in the hands of valve.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #3
Torpedo
Experienced

Couldn't it be done by first stripping the silencer from the base model, then adding it as a "body"?
Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:59 PM   #4
zoso
Experienced

yes...

but if the code doesn't say to use body 1 when silencer is on then body 2 when silencer is off (or vice versa) then having the bodies in the mdl file wouldn't matter.

but that's not ritual's call to make. if valve feels as though the game can no longer exist until this m4a1 silencer problem is fixed then so be it. however if they feel as though this is too trivial a change to make (which they probably do) then they won't "fix" it.

but let me stress this... any counter-strike multiplayer changes no matter how small they may seem will never ever ever ever ever ever ever be handled by ritual.

if i sound rude then i apologize for it was not my intention to appear that way.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:42 PM   #5
Wolf8218
Veteran

its ok, we all love ya!! (in a friendship kind of way)
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 03:17 PM   #6
crazy_terrorist
Rookie

cool thanks for the info, i think everyone sounds like that ,on the net, somtimes.
crazy_terrorist is offline   Reply With Quote