Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 09-11-2003, 04:18 AM   #1
Automator
Veteran

Default clarification on cz

ok, ive asked both these questions before but never got direct answers, just miscommunication:
1. Can the player hold multiple primary guns?
i thought i saw in a video being played at e3 that the player switched from an awp to a tmp (or something like that). also on rituals site for the russia mission it looks like they issue a colt and a mac 10. if this is true how does it work, is it like one rifle/machine gun and one sub-machine gun?
2. Is the knife currently used in cs 1.6 the one from cz?
i had always assumed but again on rituals cz site for the japan mission it shows a knife different from both 1.5 and 1.6.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 01:55 PM   #2
zoso
Experienced

Default Re: clarification on cz

1- in single-player mode yes the player can hold multiple primaries. this works like any other fps. any weapon in the level you can pick up and use so long as there is ammunition available to you. the actual different number of weapons per level depends upon the level itself and the level designer who created it. don't hold me to this but on an average there's probably 2-4 primaries and 2-3 secondaries per mission. you can also now hold more than one frag grenade.

i'm sure there will be a flame war about this in due time. i can tell you this though having multiple weapons (when i've played through the game, and trust me i've played through it countless times) enhances the experience. and no, counter-strike multiplayer has not changed. however cs mp is now it will stay minus the changes made by valve i'm sure. ritual changes only effect sp.

2- no. there are two reasons why this is, which i can only state one. from what i am aware and i could very well be mistaken but the new knife in cs 1.6 mp, the mickstrider, is a terrorist only knife. in cs: cz sp you only play through the game as a CT and not ever as a T. therefore, you wouldn't ever use that knife anyway since it's not really "standard issue equipment" so-to-speak. but like i said i believe my information is jaded here so the knife (mickstrider) only being a T knife may be wrong.

the other reason i'm just not allowed to talk about. sorry.
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 03:42 PM   #3
Kalabalana
Veteran

sounds like valve made it so that cz will contain ONLY original artwork, no artwork is allowed to carry over to cz from any existing cs content.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 05:01 PM   #4
Automator
Veteran

thanks for all the info. just what i wanted to know.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 01:41 AM   #5
Conceal
Rookie

<only effect sp>
what is "sp" meaning ?

thx
Conceal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 01:54 AM   #6
Kalabalana
Veteran

single player
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:13 AM   #7
Zer0
Fanatic

I saw some dirt on my way to school today and I'm willing to bet that the dirt is smarter than you are.

SP = Single Player
Zer0 is offline   Reply With Quote