Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre

Old 09-19-2003, 12:11 PM   #1
BirdOfPrey

Default Team Sabre wish list

Hello all - I'm new to this forum, as you can see, but I am an avid Delta Force fan. Love BHD, but just have a few gripes (no offense) about the present game and some suggestions for the exp, if it's not too late already. All my comments will refer to the multi-player aspect of the game.

1) The lean and shoot while running - this drives me crazy. I've seen players using this as a tactic - flopping around while running (usually gunners), thus making them harder to hit. And it just plain looks funny. Takes away from the realism.

2) Auto-aim: I agree with what was said in another thread - auto-aim with sniper weapons should be taken out, as well as with the M203's. As a sniper, I find it frustrating when I've found a good sniper spot and am tracking a sniper on the move in my scope, trying to lead him, and he stops - aims - and pops me. If he had to adjust his range before pulling the trigger, I would have the advantage because I took the time to find a good spot and get my range set. That's part of the fun of sniping, but it gets ruined when someone on the run can spot you, stop, raise scope, and just shoot without any adjustment, all in about 1 second. The advantage is then turned over to the sniper on the run, and that just isn't real. The auto-aim with the 203's is also a little frustrating when shooting at choppers - you can't lead the target because the range is automatically set to a point way out in the sky, so your nade will travel to a point hundreds of feet into the clouds instead of 20 feef infront of the target. And, if more land vehicals is going to be a big feature in the exp, better take out auto-aim with the 203's so guys can have fun with their new toys instead of becoming nade bait.

3) Glowing clays: don't work. I mean, sure they blow up, but I thought the glowng clays were supposed to mean they are friendly, but I can't count how mant times I've run over "friendly" clays only to find that it was one of the enemy's.

4) I love being able to switch characters in-game, but don't like how each character is limited to specific weapons. I think Land Warrior had it right - where each character had specific weapons that they were good with, but could still use the full range of weapons but with limited efficacy.

5) I also miss the drop-and-pick-up-weapon feature.

6) What about each player being able to change the type of ammo for his weapon during the game - like switching to tracers, say, if you want to point out the location of an enemy sniper or concealed gunner.

7) Don't know if this is already planned, but I'd like to see just a few more weapon choices. Not a big deal, tho.

Thanks for reading - sorry for length.
BirdOfPrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
Morbus

Default Re: Team Sabre wish list

The pickup feature and the ability to use any weapon in LW was great. But, the lean and shoot while running is fine.
Increase the running speed for all characters.
Bring back the option for impact grenades.
Remove the fall damage.
Climb up ladders quicker.
Auto punt anyone who types cheater/lagger or any variations there of. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Realism makes multiplayer games boring.
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 10:16 AM   #3
Pappy

It would also be great to see more targets for A&D and S&D in the game other than Crates and Gun emplacements. Bring back some explodable buildings and vehicles as targets.

I can't to see Sabre, I've seen from the pics in BHD the items that got left out and it will be great to see new items to use in map making.

I would also be great for someone to create a terrain pack the Novalogic recognizes so we all could get an update and get back all the terrains from the older DF versions.
Pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:45 AM   #4
Howitzer

Just a few suggestions from someone who's been playing DF since the beginning:

1. Definately get rid of the auto range on ALL weapons. Half the fun is trying to pick ppl off while they're running and I usually forget to turn it off manually.

2. If possible, pls impliment something to keep peoplefrom riding on the tail section and in the rotors of the black hawks.

3. IMHO players start out with WAY too much ammo in BHD. I mean 600 rounds is pretty heavy and WAY too much for a gunner. The more ammo a person is given, the more they feel they can waste and just spray ppl. Limiting the ammo would promote actual Aiming.

4. Sights for the M249, M240 and M60 would be a good idea. Also would promote aiming.

5. Get rid of the M21. Randy Shugart never used one in Mogadishu, there wasn't one in the movie and the one in the game has a VERY poor rate of fire. The weapon used was actually a M14 assault rifle with a ACOG Reflex 4x sight and a composite stock. The major difference between the M21 and the M14 is that the M14 has a selector switch for both semi-auto and fully automatic fire. I'd love to see a fully auto sniper rifle for close range fire fights cause currently if you have a M21 and come up against a CQB or Gunner, your toast.

6. Assign a certain amount of ammo to the M2, say 500 rounds. just more life like. Same with the 40mm granade launcher, maybe 50 rounds.

7. SILENCERS for the M4's. I can not stress this enough. The M4 SOPMOD in TFD was the best weapon in the whole game. If possible, a bi-pod too.

8. Speaking of Bi-pods, the M249, M240, M60, M21 (hopefully M14 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]), M24, M82 and the McMillan .300 should all be equiped with retractable Bi-pods. If a snipers tries to use the scope without the bi-pod, the scope should be unsteady. Just adds an elliment of realism to the game.

9. Bring back the Kevlar, Galalie Suit and the LVAR from DF2.

10. One of my favorite features from Americas Army: Operations is the ability of the weapons to Jam. It's just Halrious to get into a fire fight with someone and to have your, or prefferably the other persons gun jam.

11. The HK MP5. It's a great weapon, but the silencer just kills it. Adding a few more Sub machine Guns like the HK UMP .45 and the MAC would be kewl too.

12. NO IMPACT NADES. no such thing exists in real life.

13. Use remote detenators for the clays instead of motion sensors. Once a clay is set up, the player should be able to switch to other weapons and then switch ack to the detonator.

Thats all I can think of for now
Howitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 05:32 AM   #5
BigSteve

The drop-and-pick-up-weapon feature would be a great addition to TS along with the Sniper rifle with a silencer Bringing back the Lar-V would be cool too!

If your looking for beta testers I would like to volunteer the services of my BHD squad you can contact us at www.packofwolves.org [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
BigSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2003, 01:06 PM   #6
Sgt_McNab

I'm very new to this forum thing, but agree 100% with all comments in the initial post...

McNab [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Sgt_McNab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2003, 11:20 AM   #7
stryker555

Yo Macnab nice sig there man.. love the Ranger medic you modded there. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Man there is a lot of things to think about adding to TS. First thing off is that the character classes should continue to be stratified from each other. CQBs should stick to CQB weaponry as with the other character classes, no more of that Landwarrior BS of the past.

As with the weapons we should be able to access most of the weapons loadout as it pertains now with the U.S. Army inventory. If there is one rifle Ritual can do us a favour is by putting in is the M4/M203 SOPMOD rifle with 4X scope , preferably with full auto capability, please devs please put in this rifle its sorely missed by veteran Delta Force players. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Enemy weapons should also be accessable meaning Russian built weapons, such as the AK47/AK74 rifles, RPD light machine guns, Dshk 12.7mm heavy machine guns as enemy emplacements. Picking up weapons on the multiplayer battlefield is part of the fun and should be implemented.
stryker555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 11:19 PM   #8
SyUK

Quote:
The pickup feature and the ability to use any weapon in LW was great. But, the lean and shoot while running is fine.
Increase the running speed for all characters.
Bring back the option for impact grenades.
Remove the fall damage.
Climb up ladders quicker.
Auto punt anyone who types cheater/lagger or any variations there of. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Realism makes multiplayer games boring.
Oh dear god, please don't do any of these suggestions. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
SyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2003, 04:48 PM   #9
Fury_POW

Yes, bringing back the scuba gear would be a big plus.

On the impact nades, no there's no such thing. However, in the real deal you'd "cook off" the grenade before you threw it. So in effect, the impact is pretty much the same.

I'd like to see the grass stick around for Team Sabre. I skipped over LW because of the pool table surface-type deal.
Fury_POW is offline   Reply With Quote