Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 12-09-2003, 10:48 AM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default Condition Zero Reviewed ???

Today i got January's PC Gamer and they have reviewed CZ? They only gave it a mere 75% and they said that the bots was what made cz?

Not sure if ill buy it now [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:56 PM   #2
Automator
Veteran

Default Re: Condition Zero Reviewed ???

Not sure what you were expecting. 75 seems about right. The bots pretty much are cz, and from what i remember they can be alot of fun.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 04:21 PM   #3
Kalabalana
Veteran

ad from what I played on the leak, I'd only give the game maybe a 6.0.
So in the end, maybe turtle rock really helped make the game that much better.
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:36 PM   #4
kevin442
Fanboy

the highs were that the bots felt realistic, revamped classic maps plus 4 new ones, rituals missions

the lows were that u can only play as a ct in the tour of duty mode, outdated graphics and non developed story.
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:39 PM   #5
Wolf8218
Veteran

what? who'd want to play as a towel head?
not me.
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 06:50 PM   #6
Automator
Veteran

t's have better weapons for cheaper prices. Tour of Duty is basically a bot match, i would want to be t.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:56 PM   #7
Wolf8218
Veteran

bah, MP5, AWP, and M4 are the only guns worth their prices.
ak 47 is the ONLY reason to go t
Old 12-09-2003, 09:24 PM   #8
Automator
Veteran

what are you babbling about.
mp5 and awp are availiable to both teams so i'm not sure what your arguing about. the ak is cheaper than the m4 and the better weapon (imo, the best gun in the game). and you left out the galil. a great cheap weapon which is way better than mp5 when ranging.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:13 AM   #9
Wolf8218
Veteran

i find the FAMAS alot more accurate, when i use the Galil it is like an MP5 with bigger bullets.

o well maybe thats why theyre 400 dollars cheaper
Old 12-10-2003, 05:08 PM   #10
Kalabalana
Veteran

ak better then m4?
well first of all
1:you can hold the recoil on a m4, not on an ak
2:m4 is lighter then ak
3:m4 is more accurate then ak

ak does do more damage though. But trust me, once you get into cs, you'll realize a gun isn't good for how much damage it does as long as a hs with it will still kill the guy.
ie. a hs with m4 is a kill. So it doesn't matter if ak will do more damage.

Oh and btw, when you're shooting ak from large distances you have to go for body shots (or you can play it noob and try and go for a fluke hs) because it is not accurate. So a good player with m4 will kill you every time even though you got the first shot off.

There is one draw back to m4 though, it costs more. Who woulda thunk those games designers would make the better rifle more expensive?

Edit: I just figured out what 'imo' stands for. I thought you were saying that ak > m4 was a fact.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:39 PM   #11
Wolf8218
Veteran

<font color="red"> IMO </font>
Old 12-10-2003, 07:10 PM   #12
Ice_Commando
Experienced

I agree that the M4 is the best gun in the game, but I don't agree with what you said about the large distances with the AK. The first shot from the AK is laser accurate, atleast in CS-- it's very easy to get headshots from long distances with that. But granted, there is no way in hell your going to get a headshot if your spraying or doing 2-3 bullet bursts from a distance. I say the M4 is the best because it's accurate in both close and long range, it's not as accurate as the AK's first bullet in long range, but it's still close. On the other hand, AK is powerful but i've found it to be horribly innaccurate close range when you need to spray it.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:38 PM   #13
xile
Regular

M4 takes no skill the ak does.. And your saying the m4a1 is lighter than the ak47? YOur on crack. Dude the reason why the ak has so much recoil is that its so light. The recoil is way greater than the m4 cause the m4 is so heavy.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:48 PM   #14
StalkeR
Rookie

Quote:
ak better then m4?
well first of all
1:you can hold the recoil on a m4, not on an ak
2:m4 is lighter then ak
3:m4 is more accurate then ak
Ak is way better

1. The Ak is a man's gun
2. THe first shot of the Ak perfect
3. There's no point for recoil, You ony fire a 2-3 burst before strafing to readjust your aim.
4. If you are right next to me. I doubte that you could pull a HS before I blaze you away with my AK. Unless you are hacking.
5. It isn't American
StalkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2003, 07:53 PM   #15
Automator
Veteran

I'm sorry if I may come off rude, but i think it's nieve of you to say "when you get into cs." I have played cs for some time now and have gone back and forth between ak and m4.
The m4 is easier to crown best gun when you are first really getting the hang of cs. However if you talk to many experienced cs league players (which i have), I've found that most side with the ak. The first bullet is extremely accurate, no fluke shots here. It is strait out the most accurate, most powerful gun in the game (aside from snipers). The only problem is the recoil. However it doesn't take too long to master the "pull." I use this technique alot in close to mid range, and I have seen many people that have it down to a science and manage to range using it.
I'm sure you guys can experiment yourselves, but I would suggest heading over to gotfrag.com and picking up a demo. 3d vs. sk comes to mind. I find it funny that you would make a whole case, explaining your "facts," when you will see that all the best teams in the world use the ak.
Don't take my word for it, go watch them play. If you've never pulled before. Just watch how they shoot. It will look like spraying at first, but watch how they move the crosshair.
I'm not really arguing, just stating my "facts." The m4 is an awesome weapon. I agree with what you said about headshots, if your just ranging headshots, the m4 will serve you well because it will return faster for you to shoot again (if you follow me, cant word that right). I guess it really comes down to getting used to one and sticking with it. If your ct and use the m4 for 10 rounds, you might not want to pick up an ak because your in the groove of the m4.
IMO (lol), the ak is the best weapon in the game.
Old 12-11-2003, 02:06 PM   #16
Kalabalana
Veteran

ok in response to everyone who responded to me. I assume the m4a1 is lighter because you move faster with m4 then ak.

The ak is not accurate over large distances. Get on a server with a friend. Get an ak. Crouch. Take a perfect shot at your friend who is also crouching and not moving at all! Then tell us again how accurate ak is. (btw, maybe count how many shots it takes before the ak will actually hs the guy.)

I use to think ak was the best gun ever. So please don't say "Noobs usually tend to like m4 best" because when I was a noob I thought ak was the best.

I am a "league" guy. My clan is a "league" team. I know many cal-m's and have played with a few cal-i's.
It is common practice to watch demos to learn team and playing strats.

The only explanation is that ak shoots less accurately on my computer. But I doubt it.

Lots of people do use ak a lot, because most matches are played in close relatively close combat, accuracy is not as significatn a factor, and also a neck or upper chest shot with ak will kill when an m4 does not.

Also I'm sorry if I insinuated you were a noob automator, was having a bad day.
Old 12-11-2003, 06:36 PM   #17
Ice_Commando
Experienced

I don't like it when others call people noobs because they themselves play in a league and the "noob" doesn't, not that i'm talking about you guys-- but there are plenty of people who are good at CS but just don't care to get involved with leagues. M4 and AK are probably more or less just as good as one another, it just depends on who's using it. I know the league players like to adjust to the ak's recoil for headshots, but that style of play doesn't fit everyone.
And kal, if two players are ducking over a long distance and one shoots a perfectly aimed AK shot with one bullet, it's going to hit. But then agian, 1.6 does have some screwy hitboxes, i'm mostly referring to 1.5.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:49 PM   #18
Automator
Veteran

i say we close the chapter on this one....

i'm spent
Old 12-11-2003, 07:28 PM   #19
StalkeR
Rookie

It depends how you play. I aim for head and take a 2-3 burst before I re-adjust my aim. I don't know about you. But I think the Ak is so much more of a bad ass gun. It sounds and feels better, but that's just me.
StalkeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2003, 11:17 AM   #20
Kalabalana
Veteran

Try it before you say otherwise, the ak shot will miss (yes, even the first "perfectly accurate" shot), I use this demonstration to show ak strengths + weaknesses when I give clans/people tutorials on using ak and m4. This was in 1.5, things may have changed in 1.6, but I did not notice them.

I only said "league" because automator brought it up saying how his "league" friends prefer ak. I personally feel much the same with you commando, you do not have to be in a league to be a good player. I also did not call anyone a noob.

But as automator said, lets just stop this, ak-m4 supremecy is a very arguable topic I shouldn't really have brought up. More of a thing for a cs forum, instead of a cz one.

hahah, yeah stalker I agree ak is a badass gun, I love it.
Old 12-12-2003, 05:40 PM   #21
xile
Regular

My ak is better than you m4 nener.
Old 12-12-2003, 06:35 PM   #22
Wolf8218
Veteran

knife :-D
Old 12-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #23
xile
Regular

foo i pwn you in knifing [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2003, 12:09 AM   #24
Wolf8218
Veteran

hahaha
ive gotten better man..
well i HAD gotten better until i had to stop playing for a while to study for finals next week [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]