Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-07-2004, 10:49 AM   #1
Michele
Regular

Default Detail textures

I've discovered that detail textures can be activated also in the Deleted Scenes of CZ; just write in the console r_detailtextures 1.
Unfortunatly every map need a detail text file; and deleted scenes not have it. So if you wont you have to write your own detail text file. Usually the name is mapnamexxx_detail.txt; for example cz_train01_detail.txt.
Look into the cz tour of duty directory for others detail files and how to work.
I know this is not a real new thing, because Valve has already put in HL sp one month ago, but i've thinked that in CZ was not implemented.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:35 PM   #2
Kalabalana
Veteran

Default Re: Detail textures

I thought the new detailed texture module was designed by the hostile intent crew, exclusively? CZ has it, or a variant of it as well?
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 01:42 PM   #3
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

...and what exactly does it do? Do you need special hardware to reap the benefits?

Cheers for now
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 11:45 PM   #4
gunfu
Rookie

Quote:
I thought the new detailed texture module was designed by the hostile intent crew, exclusively? CZ has it, or a variant of it as well?
Detail texture code was written by Doug Service at Ritual, originally for the CS xbox version (which shipped with detail textures). At some point later, valve brought that code back over to CZPC. You don't need any crazy hardware; no normal maps or next-gen tech, it's just a blend mode that's been around on PC hardware for ages.

There aren't detail textures in deleted scenes because when Ritual submitted final assets to valve, only the xbox version had the code.
gunfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2004, 04:20 AM   #5
Michele
Regular

Quote:

There aren't detail textures in deleted scenes because when Ritual submitted final assets to valve, only the xbox version had the code.

The detail textures are in the directory
...condition zeroczerorgfxdetail (i'm talking about the CZ shipped in stores, not via Steam).
As i've said, each map need to have a .txt file where is specified, for every texture in the wad, what detail texture can be used. Look at the multiplayer map directory and see, every map has a mapname_detail.txt.
Take for example cs_downed_cz, is nearly the same map as the one in Downed Pilot; if you take its detail .txt and put them in the Ritual's DS directory and rename them to the downed pilot name map; adding in the end _detail, you have detail textures in this map.
Obviously the mp map, and the sp one are different, so not all the textures in sp have a detail texture.
Making a detail file for each map take too much time; but this can be useful for who want make new maps.

I'm making a map called cairo2; so the detail .txt is
cairo2_detail.txt and is placed in the map directory.
Michele is offline   Reply With Quote