Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Single Player Help

Old 09-05-2003, 09:49 PM   #51
ColG
Rookie

Default Re: Too bad we dont get Bat\'Leth on Borg Mission!

Aliens are watching me when I take a dump. I can't see them, but I know they are there.
ColG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 10:46 AM   #52
Mebdg
Casual

I'm guessing its more than just a simple theory. Probably more of an unproven fact.
Mebdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 09:39 PM   #53
Krusader

In DS9, they develloped projectile weapons to be used in areas where phasers would be hazardous (ie: where they would ignite the atmosphere).

The main defector is tied into the shield generators. In Nemesis, the Valdore type wing hits the enterprise twice and both times the shileds defelct it.

Picard's First Contact holodeck fight is a bad example because the borg would be able to adapt to the bullets (forcefields and photons are energy)
Krusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2004, 02:49 PM   #54
Final_Frontier
Fanboy

Hm... ignited gunpowder can ignite stuff to, right? So the atmosphere would be ignited anyway.

So... when the borg have been shot with a Thompson a few times, you can never EVER use a Thompson to kill another borg again? That would mean that if ships would have projectile weapons for the crew to use against the borg, each and every one of them would have to be different from eachother. This would not only apply to that ship, in the whole of StarFleet, on every ship and every base, not two projectile weapons could be the same, since when one is used, all of the same type are useless.

Wich brings another thing to my mind. When they have used a phaser on the borg for a while, the Borg adapt and the phaser is uselsess. However, the next time they fight the Borg, phasers can be used again, the borg seem to have "forgotten" they adapted to them. Why can a type of weapon the Borg have adapted to be used again after a certain amount of time? And if it's the frequency of the weapon they adapt to, why isn't it possible to change the frequency of a weapon as many times as it's necessary, as it's oubviously all it takes to do with the weapons used the next time there's an encounter?
Final_Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2004, 09:44 PM   #55
ShadowWatch
Experienced

Actually that's the principle the IMOD works on in EF, it keeps changing frequency. And about this shield thing -

Federation ships carry two types of shields, deflectors and regular shields. The deflectors (run by the Navigational Deflector Array, that big oval thingy on the front of Fed starships) are used to guard the ship from PHYSICAL OBJECTS. They gently guide away space debris, etc. from hitting the ship. The regular shields, on the other hand, have seperate shield emitters all over the ship and block against MOST energy weapons (thalaron radiation compatibility hasn't been released by the Star Trek-era Microsoft yet, though). This is why, whenever the ship goes into a battle situation, the shields are raised - to protect against the enemy weapons, all of which are energy-based. At least for the known species. We can then conclude that the shields work on two different principles. If they didn't, they would have been integrated together by SF.
SO Borg drones would have to have two onboard shield systems, one to guard against physical threats and the other against energy threats.
On forcefields: I have no idea. I can't seem to find my DS9 Tech Manual and my encyclopedia has no reference to 'em. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
ShadowWatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 04:32 PM   #56
Vashly

Okay guys here's how it is.

I once read a novel, by William Shatner (i cant remember the name of it though), in which a klingon warrior uses a projectile weapon on multiple borg. You guessed it.........They eventually adapted.

As someone said........."Thats what they do.....Adapt"
Vashly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2004, 01:12 PM   #57
Luke80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Luke80

The bullets in First Contact were holograms, but they were still solid and the safety procedures were off-line.

End Transmission.
Luke80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:39 PM   #58
Bicko
Veteran

@The_Groovy_Mule

In star trek faster than light travel is warp, it's done by creating a bubble around the ship where space is actually flattened out (because accord to Einstein I believe space is like sound waves) and so when you flatten it out you (and everything else inside your bubble) moves faster than light.

Don't make me go into the complexities of warp travel...
Bicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 06:43 PM   #59
Tempest
Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to Tempest

i think they also create a field that makes the ship massles, in order to get over the fact that Einstein said that as you near the speed of light, mass becomes infinite.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 08:44 AM   #60
Mebdg
Casual

Default Re: Too bad we ... Borg Mission! awhile ago neway

Quote:
@The_Groovy_Mule

In star trek faster than light travel is warp, it's done by creating a bubble around the ship where space is actually flattened out (because accord to Einstein I believe space is like sound waves) and so when you flatten it out you (and everything else inside your bubble) moves faster than light.

Don't make me go into the complexities of warp travel...
I think you pressed shift on the number 2 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Ive never heard that theory b4 but it sounds as realistic as anytrhing i could think of.

Wow, this has turned into the General Physics Board, just look where it started off at LOL!
Mebdg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 02:02 PM   #61
MB52
Veteran

Quote:

Wow, this has turned into the General Physics Board, just look where it started off at LOL!

Theres nothing general about warp theory. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
MB52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2004, 11:41 PM   #62
YAKOSH
Rookie

Perhaps The Physics of Star Trek by Lawrence M. Krauss would help? Stephen Hawkin wrote the foreword. It is quite good...

BTW, I'm getting really good at using one of these...
*Everyone dives for cover as YAKOSH swings 'deemer around*
YAKOSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2004, 10:36 AM   #63
Luke80
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to Luke80

Yeah, that is a good book!

End Transmission.
Luke80 is offline   Reply With Quote