Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 04-24-2004, 11:59 AM   #1
kevin442
Fanboy

Default New Weapon Models that are not Rituals???

I was reading a post on the steam forum and i came upon this. Cliffe Says

"These models and textures are quite different from the deleted scenes models you are referencing. I think you'll like them"

This will be interesting!

Cliffe
VALVe
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 12:26 PM   #2
enfestid
Veteran

Default Re: New Weapon Models that are not Rituals???

That's funny, they look exactly the same to me [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 01:46 PM   #3
kevin442
Fanboy

I think the new player models are Rituals but cliffe said that all wepaon models and sounds are not the ones in Deleted Scenes. I found this info in the stickied CZ 1.1 patch on the CZ Forums over on SteamPowered. I suggest all of you who are interested on what the weapon models are all about go and read the post.

Kevin
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:11 AM   #4
cliffe

Actually, I was really unclear in that post. I've since clarified in the Steam forum that they are the DS based models but just have some tweaks/changes.

Ritual's artists kicked some serious arse on these -- I really think the CZ players will enjoy the models.

Jess Cliffe
VALVe
cliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 02:09 PM   #5
Kalabalana
Veteran

pffft this be no place for valve pirates, arrrrrrrr

but definitely, nearly all of rituals models and sounds are beyond par with anything out there for cs, good work again guys, I had a feeling your material would be too good for valve to pass up

A quick question though, you had designed the models to run off the tweaked engine right? So maybe that's why valve could not implement them onto the normal engine sooner?
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:51 PM   #6
spikexe

Quote:
Actually, I was really unclear in that post. I've since clarified in the Steam forum that they are the DS based models but just have some tweaks/changes.

Ritual's artists kicked some serious arse on these -- I really think the CZ players will enjoy the models.

Jess Cliffe
VALVe
stop makin us wait and releaseit already [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] oh and kalabalana cliffe ownz [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] he brought us cs and cz and is updatin cz
spikexe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:25 PM   #7
zoso
Experienced

This is the first full time game that i worked on in the industry from start to finish (from ritual's stint).

Before cz it was (lord of the rings, and some of EF2.) i'm happy that this is finally happening. i modeled all the weapons and i'm just really excited about the turn of events!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 02:31 PM   #8
zoso
Experienced

Quote:
A quick question though, you had designed the models to run off the tweaked engine right? So maybe that's why valve could not implement them onto the normal engine sooner?
ritual had everything up and working back in may or june of 2003. we had regular cs 1.5 (or whatever version was out at the time) matches with all of the ritual assets.

valve is right to release these models for cz only. $$$ [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:43 AM   #9
Automator
Veteran

hey guys havent posted in a while. thats awesome that your models are finally getting in some multiplayer. they are awesome models. Since cliffe is posting here we might actually get something done about our posts. so here goes:

I'm very happy the crosshair on the aug and sig are fixed, very nice. I'm happy that the radar is fixed (or so i've heard, havent checked it out yet), that has been a long time coming.
But i cant stand the crosshair size. It is rediculously big. I can't even play at the moment it's so frustrating. I'm hoping this is a change you get so much negative feedback you reverse it. The shield is terrible but bearable. I can't stand these huge crosshairs, the whole game feels different. Please reverse this. Little changes man, get working on the rambo gun, i can't wait for that.

Congrats zoso! get some exposure!

Edit: OMG I can't quickscope AAAARRRGGGHHHH. You should just make a new game instead of messing up what we know and love. Take away the scope delay this is rediculous.
Automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 02:56 PM   #10
MoonChild
Artist

Quote:
YEAH!!!
it looks like we won!! finally!!
and that they listened the hungry people for once!!!

and its cool to see our work get back from the trash...
they are the "real" CZ.

MoonChild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 03:44 PM   #11
Rusty_le_Cyborg
Experienced

You must be the guy that made the head for the new Militia models....

Hope they come out with the new update :-)

Cheers for now
Rusty_le_Cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2004, 11:25 PM   #12
MoonChild
Artist

not only the head but the body as well
hope he's in the package...
MoonChild is offline   Reply With Quote