Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 08-27-2005, 10:24 PM   #1
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax
Default Sin Complete Patch - fixes stuff in v1.11

Way back when, I realized that even Sin 1.11 (final patch) had minor glitches, but that these glitches could be fixed. So I made my own "complete" patch which worked beautifully with my recent Sin SP game re-experience.

Here's what the readme says:

Quote:
This patch fixes the following:

1) New demos and a fixed demo player script. I have recorded some demo footage from various levels that show some more action and story than Ritual's default demos that came with the first patch (and replaced the out-of-date, but much better demos of version 1.00). The Ritual logo and intro movie are no longer played before the demos are started.

2) Direct menu access without login request after intro movies (for profiles named "blade"). Players who run Sin alone on their own computer no longer have to log in to the game, avoiding its multi-profile system. See the notes for details.

3) Fixed cine_elexis model definition file, now supports nude skin.

4) Fixed dialogs in chem2, hdocks and uwpass. Some of the dialogs in these maps were either cut short or missing speech (the start of uwpass only showed text, but didn't play speech). Locating appropriate dialog audio in the pak files, I extended respectively fixed these dialogs.

5) Fixed "action" music issue with cinematics, now plays properly. The "action" part of the interactive soundtrack did not play any longer in cinematics after the first patch. This was corrected by using the "forcemusic" command in the cinematic scripts.

6) Cinematic music has lower volume now for higher dialog volume. On the default audio volume mix of Sin, the music is well below the sound effects and speech, but in cinematics most of the music is too loud and overdubs the speech. I reduced the cinematic music's volume so that the speech is clearly hearable again.

7) Included Ritual's readme file for CTF which was added with the 1.04 patch but removed from later patches (including the cumulative 1.00 to 1.11 patch).
The file also explains what I fixed about the profile system and how to handle this fix.

I uploaded this patch to my own webspace, it's 6.20 MB in size and zipped only. Read the readme, then extract the contents to your Sin folder.

Get Sin Complete Patch

Enjoy!
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:22 AM   #2
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Default Re: Sin Complete Patch - fixes stuff in v1.11

Whew, good job. I'm amazed [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
DemolitionMan
Rookie

I installed sin patched it and then did your patch but then i couldn't see the hud anymore...
When i removed the hud and made a new user i could see it there again...
DemolitionMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #4
MadMax
Veteran

Really? This shouldn't happen as my patch does not do anything with the HUD. As for users, if you choose to disable the login screen, you'll have to use the user name "blade" since that is the game's default (and many people won't use a user name anyway since they are the only ones playing Sin on that one computer).
Old 09-10-2005, 03:06 PM   #5
DemolitionMan
Rookie

yeah i removed the patch and then logged in with a new user. Copied that config.cfg and got my hud back.

I didn't patch the game after it again. Maybe it needs to have created the cfg before using your patch?
Old 09-11-2005, 01:48 AM   #6
MadMax
Veteran

Well, it did work for me with an existing config file in the folder "blade". But even if I didn't have such a folder, the game would create it automatically.
Old 09-11-2005, 10:22 AM   #7
DemolitionMan
Rookie

it would create the folder but the cfg had some wrong info i guess. When i got time i will apply your patch again and see if i get any issues then. (so then the cfg is there before patching)