Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-13-2006, 08:57 AM   #1
TUC

Default Control\'s eg: Mouse not responding or timing out

Hi Boys and Girls.

I hope to the lord almight that someone can help me with this.
I downloaded SIN Episode 1 yesterday without a hitch. Installed fine.
Runs great execept for one tiny thing.... When moving around my mouse seems to stop to respond and i cant rotate my POV to aim at a possible enemy or direction of travel. This only happens when i move the mouse very quickly when i enage a target etc. My mouse is as Logitech G5 with the latest Drivers 2.60.590 and Firmware update 1.1 for named mouse. I have also tried 2 other spare mice i have and its the same with them. I have turned down the sensitivity in both XP and ingame, but still the fault pops up.
I know for a fact that it works with load of other games wihtout a hitch eg.: COD2, CSS, DODS, Farcry etc etc and it aint a bad mouse in my opnion. So any help would be great.

Im running XP Pro SP2 fully up to date. And my system well meets the Max specs for this title. Any help would be great.

Cheers

TUC
TUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
Scythe

Default Re: Control\'s eg: Mouse not responding or timing o

I get this exact same error. All input seems to freeze. You can't aim with the mouse and if you're moving when the input locks you keep moving in that direction until it un"lag"s by which point you've usually strafed right into enemy fire or, worse still, off the edge of something tall.

It seem to happen whenever the game is caching some new content or loading an NPC. Goddamned annoying when it happens in the midst of a firefight. All of a sudden you're strafing out of control, unable to aim.

I have a logitech Mx500 corded mouse and a nondescript USB keyboard. AMD64 3700+, 1024 meg ram, Radeon X1900XL video card. Latest drivers for everything. Runs other Source engine games just fine.

--Scythe--
Scythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
gbronzer

I have the same problem but for both keyboard and mouse. I can literally tap a direction key, and depending on whether it lags or not my character will move the entire length of the room. My mouse locks during turning and firing. I can switch to HL2 and it doesn't happen. I've tried Sin on two machines and it only happens on one of them, my primary game machine unfortunately.

Problem Machine:
ATI X800 Pro
AMD 3000+
2GB RAM
Logitech MX700 (Cordless)
MS Keyboard
Note: mouse and keyboard go thru a KVM switch

Ok MAchine
NVidia 7600 GT
Intel 3.5Ghz
1.5GB RAM
Logitech MX1000 (Cordless)
MS Keyboard
Note: No KVM switch on this one
gbronzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 11:07 AM   #4
kinghell

Default Re: Control\'s eg: Mouse not responding or timing out

Glad to hear is not just me then, I've got exactly the same problem. Strafing sends me flying into walls and the mouse doesn't respond until I stop and start moving it again.

Don't seem to have a problem in HL2 which I consider strange seeing as it's the same engine.

I've played ALOT of games without this problem but I do actually remember one game this happended in which meant it was completely unplayable, it was Blood 2 !

XP Pro SP2 (fresh install a few days ago)
AMD XP 3200+ x64
2Gb PC3200
MSI K8N Platinum (on-board sound)
Logitect MX700 cordless mouse and wired 'Elite' keyboard (default drivers that came with it)
BFG Nvidia 6800GT gfx card (newest drivers)
kinghell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 12:03 PM   #5
Superfly
Regular

Default Re: Control\'s eg: Mouse not responding or timing out

well you both have logitech mice - have you tried just using the Windows mouse driver??

You dont need the logitech driver for the mouse to work.
Superfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:10 PM   #6
kinghell

After alot of playing around with drivers, bios settings and all the sin settings I finally found the problem (for me at least). Turned out to be Google Desktop of all things !!!

I had the latest one installed (program version 4.2006.509.1244) with the sidebar and gadgets turned off though. Every time it was running in the traybar I got the mouse sticking problem. Really can't understand why it would effect it but after switching it on and off several times it's definitely causing the problem for me.

Anyone else have Google Desktop installed ??
kinghell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:18 PM   #7
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Very interesting...most of the guys at the office here have Google Desktop and I don't remember hearing of this issue at all. We'll see if we can reproduce the issue internally. Thanks for the information.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote