Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-17-2006, 05:47 PM   #1
xenoboy

Default Still problems with mutagen gas after the patch..

Heya guys, like a few people before the patch, i was having trouble with going through mutagen gas. I dont know if you guys noticed, but there were actually two complaints being posted, some people said it caused them to crash, others said the screen was obscured for as long as they were "poisoned" but then could continue playing once the poison level reached zero.

My problem was the latter, mutagen gas doesnt crash my PC, it just blinds me for as long as im in it. The update today hasnt fixed that at all, as soon as im in cloud of mutagen my screen goes very dark green and flickers.

I have however seen this problem before. The HL2 mod "Hidden:source" . Those guys added a kind of coloured fish-eye effect to your vision when you played the hidden, as a result some people just got a bright orange flickering screen since thier graphics cards didnt support the effect. Thier solution was simple, just create a console command to turn off the vision effect. I bring this up since the mutagen gas problem produced the exact same distortion for me as the hidden's vision did, except that the gas is a green flicker and the hidden's was orange.

So, is it possible to switch off the mutagen gas vision effect via the console?
xenoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #2
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac
Default Re: Still problems with mutagen gas after the patch..

What's your graphics card?

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:56 PM   #3
xenoboy

my card is a sapphire radion 9200 atlantis

Its an old card, but it runs Sin:E very well, with the sole exception of the gas clouds.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #4
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Default Re: Still problems with mutagen gas after the pat

What DirectX levels are selectable in the video advanced options? DirectX 7.0 only?
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 05:57 PM   #5
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

We were able to repro the crash and get it fixed. We're still trying to track down a 9200 card so we can get this fixed. Sorry about the delay.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:09 PM   #6
xenoboy

the only directX level selectable to me is 8.1, not even 7.0 is available.The software is running at 9.0, but i cant change that.

Hope you find that 9200 soon [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The obvious massively high-tech solution i implimented myself was to just to stay out of the gas clouds [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] but i cant help feeling im missing out [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I have to say, ive been gaming for a very long time, and your customer support is easily the best ive ever experienced. Its quite a shock to not be given the run around by some power intoxicated forum admin who seems to be doing his absolute best to not answer your questions. Keep up the good work and congrats on a cracking game, im lookin forward to the next episode. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #7
EzraSeki

I too am still crashing at the green gas. I get the "memory cannot be read" error. When I restarted Steam it downloaded the update, is there anything else I need to do?

I am running dual 7800's in SLI with 81.98 drivers.
EzraSeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Can you upgrade to the 84.21 drivers for your card?
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
EzraSeki

I updated to 84.21 right after I made that post and now all seems well.

Thanks!
EzraSeki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:29 PM   #10
alfmouse

I'm also having problems after the patch... although I wasn't having any before.

When blade's affected by the gas, the screen now turns grey and I can see nothing - as soon as the effect wears off, it returns to normal. Geforce 6800 GT running forceware 84.43 on an Athlon 64 3500+. Any other info you want I'd be happy to provide.

btw the patch has sorted out the difficulty - still hard, but it's fair, and I'm sure if I could make use of the mutagen, it would be even more so!
alfmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:36 PM   #11
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

Are the 84.43 drivers beta drivers? The latest I see on nvidia's site are 84.21. If the drivers are beta, we do not support them in conjunction with the game.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:06 PM   #12
alfmouse

Thanks, that sorted it. Was asked to install those to troubleshoot a glitch with King Kong, forgot they were beta!
alfmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:40 PM   #13
ATimson
Experienced

Like the original poster, I'm still not able to see in the mutagen clouds, though there's no crash (nor was there one in the original version). I can't select any DirectX version except 8.1 in-game; I can force 7.0 and 8.0 via the command line, and I see fine in 7.0.

I have a Radeon 9000 with this problem. And I actually have an extra I could send you if it'd help you run down the problem. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote