Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-19-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
SuicidalKitty

Default possible memory leak

this isnt really something i would call critical, but i noticed it today,

at around 5 or 6pm i was playing and i had to leave home, i saved my game, and then just left it as i was at a safe spot, i got home then at 2am [yeah, long while to leave the game running, which is why this probobly isnt important lol] the game had hung, and windows was reporting that i was using roughly 2 gigs of memory [being as i only have 384mb of ram this is bad], went into task manager, killed the game, which took a few minutes mind you, and the memory usage dropped back down to normal...
anyways, i dont know the map name, but i was in the tunnel right after you face that rather large annoying boss [the one you fight in the open area and then on the roof], i left it with my standing right before the drop off into the maze area where you eventually get to the car lol

i dont know if this is really a problem with the game, or with steam, or just my computer, as its pretty screwed up, but i figured id say something [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
if you need my dx info or anything along those lines [im on a diffrent computer right now sorry] ill send it over too you,
oh and i feel bad for anyone you have test this, i realise i was gone for like 7 hours lol
SuicidalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:37 AM   #2
Sarkie
Community Moderator

Default Re: possible memory leak

What .exe did you kill SinEpisodes.exe or Steam.exe because there are a number of reports that Steam.exe uses a lot of memory up, and the cheap fix, is to load it up and before starting the game, set it to Low Priority.

And if it is with SinEpisodes.exe you'd need to wait for a developer to come take a look.

Cheers
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:16 PM   #3
SuicidalKitty

i did actually kill the sinepisodes.exe, i actually never closed steam, because i loaded the game up again right afterwards without re-opening steam lol
SuicidalKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:19 PM   #4
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

I'll look into this. I know that the Source version we are merging to has a lot of memory allocation fixes, so it may be a moot investigation, but it's worth investigating none-the-less.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote