Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Tech Help

Old 05-18-2006, 04:47 PM   #1
KalZakath
Experienced

Default Post-patch problem with the main menu

Hi guys,

I have a couple of odd problems with Sin:E [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] First off, a problem I've had since the game was first unlocked and playable - not sure if it's Sin:E or Steam, as this is the first game I've preloaded and preordered. Sometimes (quite intermittently), when Sin:E is launching (from the Steam MyGames window), it will switch to "preloaded" state, and I can't play it without restarting Steam, which does fix the problem every time. After launching Sin:E a few minutes ago, this is my Steam window now:

I installed GMOD after the patch (and after the problem first occurred), and as I'm aware it has not touched the Sin:E installation - nor have I manually modified anything or added files to the Sin:E area.

Also, since the patch on Wednesday, I've had both a console error on startup, and a strange change in the menu. Nothing has changed in terms of driver or DirectX setup, nor any changes to Sin:Episodes settings. Both desktop and ingame resolution are unchanged. Once ingame, everything is displayed perfectly, the UI is all to scale and in the correct place.

On the main menu, I can't see the character to the left anymore, and the menu itself is much larger and shifted to the left. It looks like the whole menu screen is now larger than my resolution.

I have validated the game cache integrity, and launched the game after that, and I'm still seeing the problem.

Here's the console error, and this is what I now see on the menu.

Any ideas guys? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
KalZakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:31 PM   #2
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default Re: Post-patch problem with the main menu

If you right-click on "SiN Episodes," select "Properties..." and on the first tab, select "Set launch options...", what do you see?

Second, did you cancel the unlocking process at any time?
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
KalZakath
Experienced

Bingo, Mr. Russell - I forgot, I added -console to the launch options [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] It also kills the music too, which I hadn't noticed. I've enabled the console ingame now - is -console a silly thing to do? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Apologies if so!

With the other question, no I didn't cancel the unlock process - although the preload was done in 2 sessions. The validation doesn't show any problems, or indicate that it's fixing anything. This was happening before I added the -console too, although I guess that isn't connected [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the quick reply Michael [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
KalZakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Parnic
Programmer, Gearbox Software

-console isn't an inherently bad option, it just forces the behavior you saw. You can turn the console on in the advanced keyboard options menu and be able to access it in-game without the -console launch option.
Parnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 07:30 AM   #5
Sarkie
Community Moderator

With the preload problem that is a Valve problem with Steam, some users deleting the ClientRegistry.blob file cues it, but most it does not, I am experiencing the same problem and waiting on a fix from Valve.

Cheers.
Sarkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 01:19 AM   #6
Scared
Casual

its a bug with steam. close steam then open it again and you will be able to play
Scared is offline   Reply With Quote