Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Old 06-17-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
Dimedo
Casual

Send a message via ICQ to Dimedo
Default Uncut version

Ok, so far I thought my version of the game, bought through Steam by credit card isn't in any ways cut. But some days ago I have seens screenshots where the ragdoll models have been split by shots. Even the heads were shot off the bodies of the enemies. This seems to be not possible in my version of the game. Yes, I'm from germany, but I'm older than 18 year and I bought the game before it was released in germany. I have the right to buy the game in an uncut version.

So why is my game cut? How can I fix this?
Dimedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 06:22 AM   #2
shadeex
Experienced

Send a message via Skype™ to shadeex
Default Re: Uncut version

Sadly you cant do anything about that..
its the german board that deals with censorship that demanded violence removed.. so it not rituals fault.. they had to do it or they would violate german laws..

and i think you posted it in the wrong thread too.. but no biggie. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
shadeex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:39 AM   #3
Dimedo
Casual

The german law has never forbidden to buy uncensored games in foreign countries, which I have definatley done by buying the game with a credit card over the service Steam of Valve, a company which resides only in the USA. It is still censored and there seems to be no chance to get the original version for which I have indeed payed. I would never buy the boxed game in local stores because I know of those censorship restrictions for local published games. If I buy a game which is promoted the same way for people of all nations I want to get the same software everyone else gets by buying the promoted game. There has never been any information, that the US version would be censored for me, too.

But the main question was, how I can edit the game to reactivate the missing features as it worked for a whole lot of games which were released times ago.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:32 AM   #4
shadeex
Experienced

steam checks your ip.. and internet service provider.. and if its a service provider / ip from germany.. then it automatically unlocks the censord version..
reguardless if you bought the regular version or not..

and i really don't know if you can edit it back.. i think its hard coded in..
Old 06-28-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
Dimedo
Casual

It was said, that it is indeed not coded into the binaries. So where is it?

See the statement here: http://www.romsteady.net/blog/2006/0...n-english.html
Old 06-28-2006, 03:33 PM   #6
motoko2030
Experienced

There is a section of the game called the Highway scene, which was cut from Emergence, it featured more of Jessica Cannon lines of dialogue and more visuals of Freeport city. It was cut since it would have mean that the player would use the Magnum gun 40 minutes into the game.

It will be great if Ritual could come out with the patch that adds this deleted content back into Emergence or if a mod was released that showed this highway scene.
motoko2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:05 PM   #7
Dmio
Rookie

used to live in germany, and it blowed for buying game, it would ruin the whole experience.

i only have one addvice, dont buy games in germany, dont download games that are in german. get the english versions.
Dmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:18 PM   #8
Standoff
Veteran

(Sorry for the late response, I just didn't feel like talking.)

The highway scene was cut for everyone, we're talking about something else really. I don't imagine it would ever be patched back in, but they'll be sure to do further introduction of her character in the next episode I'm sure.

It would be awfully wierd to add storyline to the game after most people are done playing it.
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 12:58 PM   #9
shadeex
Experienced

After searching for an answer i im sorry to tell that i still don't know how to change the Cut version to Uncut..

also i don't know if its even legal..

But maybe someone else knows..

--------------------
Was that me?!?
Old 11-22-2006, 10:41 PM   #10
Shoelip
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Standoff View Post
(Sorry for the late response, I just didn't feel like talking.)

The highway scene was cut for everyone, we're talking about something else really. I don't imagine it would ever be patched back in, but they'll be sure to do further introduction of her character in the next episode I'm sure.

It would be awfully wierd to add storyline to the game after most people are done playing it.

Of course if they did add it everyone would play it again. :P
Shoelip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 12:12 AM   #11
Pa3PyX
Casual

Send a message via ICQ to Pa3PyX Send a message via AIM to Pa3PyX Send a message via Yahoo to Pa3PyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadeex View Post
After searching for an answer i im sorry to tell that i still don't know how to change the Cut version to Uncut..

also i don't know if its even legal..

But maybe someone else knows..
It's probably too late now; one of the below might have worked before purchasing/downloading the game, but I don't think they would work after that. I'm fairly positive that a German retail CD key would only work if Steam thinks you are located in Germany; there might be similar checks checking where you registered your Steam account. Probably doesn't hurt to try... unless you are afraid of something bad happening to your Steam account, so back up your .gcf files before doing any of this.

a) Change your Steam language to US English. If Steam checks only that, this should get around the problem;

b) Change your Windows Regional Settings to English and Location to United States. If Steam checks your computer's Regional Settings, this should get around the problem;

c) Use a US-located SOCKS proxy. Now I'm not sure Steam supports SOCKS proxies; if not, you may have to use something like SocksCap or some other "socksifier" to get Steam to connect to its servers via SOCKS. If Steam checks IP ranges to determine your location, this should work around the problem.

All of it may not be worth the hassle though... what visual "improvements" do you expect? Gibbing chaingunners? Is that what was cut? Rightly so, if you ask me. In fact, I may try to experiment and see if I can download the German version with my Steam account.

--------------------
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. --Eldridge Cleaver

Last edited by Pa3PyX : 11-23-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Pa3PyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 01:19 AM   #12
elwing
Regular

what about play in offline mode, and get the data package from someone with an uncensored version?
elwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:01 AM   #13
Pa3PyX
Casual

Send a message via ICQ to Pa3PyX Send a message via AIM to Pa3PyX Send a message via Yahoo to Pa3PyX

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwing View Post
what about play in offline mode, and get the data package from someone with an uncensored version?
That might just work, too -- provided that we turn off automatic updates for the game first. Also note that only one person needs to do this -- once someone has both censored and uncensored version, it is a matter of unpacking the GCF's and running a diff/fc script to figure out what the patch would be, and then we can simply make a mod (Michael Russell claims there were no changes that involve executable files, only the data files).

--------------------
If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. --Eldridge Cleaver

Last edited by Pa3PyX : 11-23-2006 at 05:16 AM.
Pa3PyX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 12:30 PM   #14
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

Take my advice kid, demand reperations from your government immediatly. Lobby outside their building, picket, whatever you need to do. It's their fault your game is censored, make no mistake of that.

-Maniac

--------------------
Note to my neighbors, those rumblings you heard earlier was not an earthquake, I now have nuclear power.
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax

Quote:
Maybe there could be an "outtakes" or "deleted scenes" epilogue after season 1 that would include a playable version of the highway scene?

--------------------
My pinball hobby website - www.silverball-magic.com
SiN: Retribution - sin.silverball-magic.com
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2006, 08:39 PM   #16
guru7892
Experienced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
whatever you need to do.
threaten to kill your hostages with a powerdrill; now you don't acaully need hostages or a power drill, but a cardbord box filled with sand and some envelopes with baking soda will help get your point across faster.

call yourself the United Unitarian Unity.

yes, the cells are spreading...
guru7892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 12:08 AM   #17
Shoelip
Experienced

And if you get arrested you can just tell them video games made you do it.
Shoelip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:43 AM   #18
elwing
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac View Post
Take my advice kid, demand reperations from your government immediatly. Lobby outside their building, picket, whatever you need to do. It's their fault your game is censored, make no mistake of that.

-Maniac
lol, great, I'd surelly do that if I were censored :P
elwing is offline   Reply With Quote