Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes Editing

Old 05-29-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
wannabeapilot

Default Gmod Or Something Similar

hi im new to the forums so i dont really know but is there a version of the gmod for sin episode 1 emergence [like for half life 2] where your in a sandbox mode and you can spawn in whatever you want or if anyone knows the codes to spawn the explosive barrels and aircannisters that would be great thanks
wannabeapilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 04:14 AM   #2
drunkymonkey
Regular

Default Re: Gmod Or Something Similar

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabeapilot:
hi im new to the forums so i dont really know but is there a version of the gmod for sin episode 1 emergence [like for half life 2] where your in a sandbox mode and you can spawn in whatever you want or if anyone knows the codes to spawn the explosive barrels and aircannisters that would be great thanks
http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/showthread.php?t=127174&highlight=Sin+Emergenc e
drunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:15 PM   #3
wannabeapilot

it says i need half life 2 for the gmod to work and although i will be getting half life 2 before too long it would still be kind of nice to be able to use it with sin
sooo anybody know anyway to get it to work or the codes to spawn the barrels amd aircannisters in normal sin?
wannabeapilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:21 AM   #4
drunkymonkey
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by wannabeapilot:
it says i need half life 2 for the gmod to work and although i will be getting half life 2 before too long it would still be kind of nice to be able to use it with sin
sooo anybody know anyway to get it to work or the codes to spawn the barrels amd aircannisters in normal sin?
I really don't think it's possible. Half Life 2 is well worth getting though.
drunkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 09:47 AM   #5
JohnRBladekicksass
Regular

Is there any way to add the Blade Model there. I've tried and I know there is one.
JohnRBladekicksass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
Lord_Rick
Experienced

my advice would be to search the gmod forums for such a plug-in. If you cant find one, make a request and someone may help you out, theyre a decent lot.
Lord_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
gangster

hi...

thanks for those details
gangster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #8
game_over
Rookie

I've heard that Garry hasn't got the "ok" from Ritual, or what's left of it, to allow SE:E material on gmod10.
this however won't happen. I don't think anyone in ritual has the time or the money to even care about the episodes.
So, in coclusion, players may have to decrypt GCFs on their own which will be extremely hard and not worth it for people like me.

I tried working with the SDK, but apparently Ritual can't even back that up either. The official website and tutorial websites are all gone and episodic gaming would only be an option for rich fatties like Ubisoft or Eidos. Hell, even Valve are doing better.

We may have to forget SiN since I don't see a future for it, personally.
game_over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 03:28 AM   #9
ViralHatred

Haha!

Game_over it is pants easy to get the Sin Episodes models from .gcf

1. Download GCFScape

2. Open sinepisodes models.gcf and extract models folder to garrysmod\garrysmod\

3. Open sinepisodes materials.gcf and extract the models folder to garrysmod\garrysmod\materials\

Enjoy.

Not all models work because of their prop type, I could decompile and fix them all but that'd take ages and wouldn't be worth it. Others don't work because of their materials/effects.

However some materials don't like extracting, I'm trying to find a work around.
ViralHatred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 11:09 PM   #10
game_over
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViralHatred View Post
Haha!

Game_over it is pants easy to get the Sin Episodes models from .gcf

1. Download GCFScape

2. Open sinepisodes models.gcf and extract models folder to garrysmod\garrysmod\

3. Open sinepisodes materials.gcf and extract the models folder to garrysmod\garrysmod\materials\

Enjoy.

Not all models work because of their prop type, I could decompile and fix them all but that'd take ages and wouldn't be worth it. Others don't work because of their materials/effects.

However some materials don't like extracting, I'm trying to find a work around.
I attempted that a few times, though Gmod 10 apprently works in mysterious ways compared to Gmod9 which was easier to work with.

I personally only wanted the character model so that I could mess around and do spoofs of different movies particularily this scene right here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jm3Zb-HSvo
John blade as Jack Black
JC as KG
and Victor and The Devil

It sounded quite fitting but I'll probably try that out with Team fortress models instead, since Ritual is too busy making 'The adventures of casual gaming: Mumbo Jumbo are Nazis - episode one'.
game_over is offline   Reply With Quote