Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes: Emergence

Old 07-26-2006, 05:54 PM   #326
shark

Default Re: SiN Episodes: Emergence Feedback and Suggestions

ok the whole steam thing, why not just put the updates on the ritual website or put it onto gamespot or something? the point that you have to go through steam to play the game is just plain annoying to tell the truth. more guns need to be introduced, like the sniper rifle from sin and WoS. i know its been covered but more talk needs to be included, hearing wat ya got for me jessica over and over is just plain annoying and bland. a story between jessica and blade would be interesting, and the teasing of elexis is part of the sin trinity, the only change to that is get more of it. arena mode is pretty sweet, i kept getting blown away tho so it makes ya go back for some more to get better and better, its great.
shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2006, 05:26 PM   #327
Loengard
Casual

My Feedback:

AWESOME!!! This game is exactly what I was dreaming of!! It's a "no more mr.niceguy" FPS which not only reminds me of my beloved SiN but lets me face a mass of grunts who are plain cool to fight against!

What could have been done better:
- I want the good ol' Console hacking back
- A phone call with elexis
- We need blade taunting at enemys ("Schooled ya!")
- More JC / Blade conversations
- The supremacy tower could have been bigger when you approach it (not HL2 citadel like but maybe the half size of it... You'll notice that once you are on the tower that it feels like you are miles high in the sky)
- an option "Preferred Background" for the menu - I want Elexis all the time
- ... thats about it

What I liked the most:
- The awesome last level! Not only did it look gorgeous it also made me feel like I was on top of an enormous huge building
- GIBS!!
- The interaction with the environment
- exploding barrels (I think i killed more grunts with this than with bullets... actually my stats state the contrary but... anyway)
- Elexis is back!!!
- ... and then there is the lucious real life Elexis (greats to Bianca)
- secondary fire on the scattergun
- the fire effects
- we get to visit the SiNTek Labs at the beginning - how cool was that?!
- the menu song
- all the little detail
- steady updates! Thanks for the arena mode
- and much much more!!

Bottom line:
The perfect start for an outstanding series!
Loengard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:33 PM   #328
magma102

Default A Must Add!!!

I think they should add a online multiplayer campain for more realizem beause with all the enemys in there its whould make the game a tad bit easyer and FUN!!!
magma102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 11:08 AM   #329
Stilgar
Regular

Send a message via ICQ to Stilgar

I finished the game 2 days ago but I wanted to finish hl2 ep1 before posting.

so let's start with minuses:

- the first most obvious thing is Blade's speech. I will say it again just to make sure Ritual do not think someone likes it the way it is. (I read a couple of posts from guys who liked it but they will be tracked down and punished ) And you can give us the guy who came with the "brilliant" idea of the silent Blade so we can lynch him.
- characters are not deep at all. Maybe because Blade does not talk but still it's worth mentioning. Jessica is awful up to now. Alyx from hl2(and I mean the original hl2) is much better character she feels human let alone comparisson with ep1. I think it will be really cool if Jessica turns out to be a traitor in let's say 4-5th ep but there should be clues earlier. If there's gonna be a love story let it be with JC let's say she'll seduce him to get some information. Blade is saved for Elexis
- I didn't notice infinite enemy spawns but they were long and annoying anyway. Just make them spawn further I guess.
- The hands of the models? WTF? You wanted to have graphics from the original SiN or what?
- interactivity Hacking consoles, shooting locks etc. You know better. You did it with the first SiN.
- Story. The first SiN didn't have the best story out there but it was enough. Emergence may even have better story but it doesn't seem enough. You just need to have more otherwise it seems somewhat empty.
- It maybe just my computer but the game seems like it runs slower compared to hl2 ep1 and the latter has HDR enabled. Maybe it is the larger spaces I don't know but I can feel it in arena mode and I don't feel it in hl2 deathmatch. It is not a big issue though. At least not before multiplayer comes out.

Pluses:

+ SiN 1. I didn't play the game when it was released. Seeing the amount of bugs and how many lockers actually managed to kill me I think it's better that I played it now when it loads for 5 sec instead of 5 minutes. It would be good if you pack Wages of SiN with ep2 for example. I really think there should be more addons with episodic games as the game itself is short.
+ Challenge system worked well for me. If you can implement it without the respawning it will be fine.
+ Secrets. I love them.
+ Music. The title song is great if you have a song like this for every episode I'll buy it no matter what is the game. I don't feel like paying for the soundtrack again though so I just downloaded it from torrents and I don't feel guilty at all.
+ Level design is great except for the interactivity. I don't really like alternate routes and levels so I don't miss them. I don't replay games couse there are lots of good games and not enogh time so I want to see everything the first time pls.
+ Arena mode. GREAT! Maybe official statistics with names for arena mode?
+ Weapons' balance is great. This weapons are more useful, dynamic and variable with their alt fire than some games have with their whole arsenal of 736756 with all strange alt fire (see Unreal/UT for example of bad weapons did you really enjoy pumping the green thing?)
+ Media content. The website is great and Cindy and Bianca rock. Other games try to cover the lack of any content with disgusting flash (I HATE FLASH) websites. www.sinepisodes.com is simple but it has something to look at. Starting from info about the guns, characters, going through the pictures of the girls (I actually started there) and edning with the statistics. Masterpiece!

Overall: You made SiN fan out of me and I hadn't played the original SiN back in 98 or 99? That should be enough though I still consider Half-life to be better (both the first half-life 1 and hl2 ep1)

--------------------
Fear is the mind-killer!
Stilgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2006, 06:37 PM   #330
shark

there should be co-operative multiplayer over lan or wireless networks ect, episode 1 is awesome, the movement is off the chain and the grafics are awesome aswell. in ep 2 and so on we should get to ride on motorbikes n stuff like in WOS and a sniper rifle needs to be added.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:28 AM   #331
kidkash

All I know is ... there was Elexis in a bikini in episode 1 for no reason (but highly enjoyable )

So in ep 2 or 3 (or later) Jessica should be in some similar attire in some way
kidkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #332
Ender_920

Loved the game. The gameplay is probably my favorite out of any other fps game. Story and characters could use a bit better development, but that's alright.

The only real suggestion I would have is a coop mode. It's the only viable multuplayer option that would keep most of the gameplay elements that make the game so great. Trying to create a player vs player mode probably wouldn't work since combat dynamics are rather different in that compared to fighting npc's.

So yeah, keep up the great work Ritual!
Ender_920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 05:53 AM   #333
kidkash

Yeah keep up the good work

and put Jessica in a bikini! :P
kidkash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 03:20 AM   #334
ripper_hugme
Regular

Send a message via AIM to ripper_hugme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilgar
- the first most obvious thing is Blade's speech. I will say it again just to make sure Ritual do not think someone likes it the way it is. (I read a couple of posts from guys who liked it but they will be tracked down and punished ) And you can give us the guy who came with the "brilliant" idea of the silent Blade so we can lynch him.
- characters are not deep at all. Maybe because Blade does not talk but still it's worth mentioning. Jessica is awful up to now. Alyx from hl2(and I mean the original hl2) is much better character she feels human let alone comparisson with ep1. I think it will be really cool if Jessica turns out to be a traitor in let's say 4-5th ep but there should be clues earlier. If there's gonna be a love story let it be with JC let's say she'll seduce him to get some information. Blade is saved for Elexis
- I didn't notice infinite enemy spawns but they were long and annoying anyway. Just make them spawn further I guess.
- The hands of the models? WTF? You wanted to have graphics from the original SiN or what?
- interactivity Hacking consoles, shooting locks etc. You know better. You did it with the first SiN.
- Story. The first SiN didn't have the best story out there but it was enough. Emergence may even have better story but it doesn't seem enough. You just need to have more otherwise it seems somewhat empty.
- It maybe just my computer but the game seems like it runs slower compared to hl2 ep1 and the latter has HDR enabled. Maybe it is the larger spaces I don't know but I can feel it in arena mode and I don't feel it in hl2 deathmatch. It is not a big issue though. At least not before multiplayer comes out.

Overall: You made SiN fan out of me and I hadn't played the original SiN back in 98 or 99?
My Crits of your crits

-Silent blade pissed me too.

-Characters aren't any concern to me, they're no barney or alyx i'll admit but in a world of 'tactical', 'one shot', 'epic storylines' isn't it nice to see a game full of sillyness and double d's (double q's in elexis's case) (Btw Zombines, get it? sux valve, kidnap some tribesmen to write your comedy)

-If Coding is a hard thing todo, coding a mini-dos into a game must be legendary. If i was ritual (which I'm not, not yet at least....) I wouldn't want to code a whole sytem again. Ritual built this off Half-Life2 not a few shreds of quake code like SiN 1 did.

--------------------
ripper_hugme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #335
Belladonna

Glad to be playing more SIN! Got the original way back when, and it has been the standard that my hubby and I judge all games by, so far.

I miss Blade’s comments like, “Rock and roll” and “Come to Papa” when the body count rizes.

Glad that J.C. is still in the mix. Jessica is a nice addition.
I too like the title song.

A good game needs dynamics.
I got “Doom” when it first came out and was soooo disappointed... No dynamics... Just dark and creepy, and dark and creepy, and then, more dark and creepy... Boring... A game needs it’s up’s and downs, and some comic relief, cause most of all, a game should be fun! Looking forward to more.
Belladonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 04:16 PM   #336
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

I haven't posted in this thread in a while, but I assume you guys read it regularly. My only suggestion I can say for future episodes is this: keep the action INTENSE and keep the characters (including Blade) interacting, and you should be golden.

--------------------
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 04:50 PM   #337
JoelF
Veteran

Agreed. I love how it can be variably intense, providing people who suck at FPS games with a great experience, while giving someone like me who has a casual bent towards the genre a walloping good time. It's great fun. The fact that I'm replaying it yet again says loads.
JoelF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #338
Kronos

Hello,here are some comments after the first play through. (I will be playing again)

What I liked:

Game Arena - simple yet entertaining. A co-op version of this would be cool.

The variable game hardness thingy. I felt challenged but not overwhelmed. It seemed to work well on base settings.

The vocal responses by the enemies upon getting shot, set on fire etc. The guy shouting "extinguish, extinguish" made me chuckle.
The jetpack guys differing reactions to getting shot.
The weapons felt solid and had good feedback.Alot better than the weapons in Half-life 2 for instance.Pistol could have been a tad louder though and fire rate faster.

Being able to manipulate the scenery, to some extent, to fight baddies eg shooting up exploding canisters.

For some reason I kept wanting to kick down doors or objects but no way to do that unfortunately.

What could have been better:

The load times seemed just a tad overlong.Plus no loading bar to tell me whether pc was actually loading stuff. On at least one occasion I thought my pc had locked up when in fact it was still loading.

The whole Gordon Freeman no body/non-presence thing. Took me out of the game. For an established hero I would have preferred to see Blade at least once during the game. Would like to be able to see his body when looking down, in a mirror or something.

I didn't think the ingame music added much to the atmosphere. I missed some of the tunes from the the original SIN.

I really felt like I needed a torch in some areas. Even jacking up the brightness I couldn't see anything in some parts.

Having played fear was kinda disappointed I couldn't blow limbs off or people in half,like in SIN.(I am not a sicko honest).Head shots and splatter was nice though.

Hopefully future episodes will include HDR, blurring etc otherwise they are going to look rather passe.

The elexis cutscenes/interventions generally seemed to be superfluous. I cannot honestly remember a single thing Elexis said in any of them.

The green gas didn't seem to me to have the same effect on enemies as it did me.I would have exploited that more otherwise.(I may be wrong). I didn't often find myself in a gas cloud situation myself.

Anyway overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. Looking forward to more of the same.

I hope these comments are useful.

Last edited by Kronos : 09-01-2006 at 08:15 AM.
Kronos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2006, 10:15 AM   #339
SHyx0rmZ
Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to SHyx0rmZ Send a message via Skype™ to SHyx0rmZ

I want to thank you for this game! It's the best game I ever played! I remember like it was yesterday when I saw the trailer and though "Damn, I really have to buy this game"
I looked every day at the website and waited for a copy of the game in my local store here in Germany. It was 20km away but I didn't care and went there every three days and asked for the game. When they selled me a copy I was really happy and went back to home and immediately started playing(I was really tired next morning in school, but who cares? ^^) When I first started the game I was saying "Wow, that are very nice graphics" and the soundtrack is still the best song I ever heared. I'm happy about every Update for the game. I really love the Arena-mode.
After 7 times of playing through the game I really can say:
"For me SiN Episodes Emergence is THE game of the year."
I can't wait for the next episodes

--------------------
To SiN Episodes Homepage
SHyx0rmZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #340
shark

ok so Steam is really pissing me off, i wanna play on my laptop when im at uni, but havent got a wireless internet card, so i cant coz ya gotta log into steam, for Ep 2 get rid of steam, put updates on gamespot or something like that please. as for speech, get blade doing all his schooled ya's and all that and more talk instead of talk to me jessica or similar from JC. the intro of Jessica was well done, congrats on that she fit well into the story and her attitude is awesome and love her lines. bring back the sniper rifel from orginal SIN and more of Elixis' provocative nature is always welcome, if worried about kids or wateva just put on a parental lock type deal. and bring back the fists, they were always a fan favorite. cheers Ritual
Old 10-04-2006, 07:59 PM   #341
Cynosure
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark View Post
ok so Steam is really pissing me off, i wanna play on my laptop when im at uni, but havent got a wireless internet card, so i cant coz ya gotta log into steam, for Ep 2 get rid of steam, put updates on gamespot or something like that please.
Set Steam to run in OFFLINE Mode. Problem solved.
Cynosure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 05:31 AM   #342
Darth Darthy

Steam is Steam. It is a distribution solution that works for 99% of the customers who paid for the game. If your the 1% that used Bit Torrent or Usenet to get the game then too bad. If you bought the game then you knew that it'd require an internet connection, end of story. I have a picture of my Ferrari with Sin photoshopped onto the windscreen too.

I loved the game so far. Been a player of SiN since it's first buggy release (20 minutes to load a level?!?). I don't know what you guys have in store as far as level desgin and characters go but I'd love to see the music take more of a role. It was excellent during the times that I could hear it but this isn't Half Life's bleak world. It's an action game. More of this composers tunes please!
Darth Darthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM   #343
TeRMiNaTe

hey i know this is NOT the place to ask this but can u please help me ??? i have a problem when i reached to the u4 labs when i got to the door with the valve it started loading...and didnt load when i try changelevel SE1_U4Lab02 it starts to load ...and stops to the half idk what's the problem my fr sended me his map SE1_U4Lab02 (it works and loads fine on his PC) but on mine ...the same screwwy bug..so anyone can help ?? plsss i don't wanna hop a level !!!
TeRMiNaTe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 02:42 AM   #344
_dark

Send a message via MSN to _dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeRMiNaTe View Post
hey i know this is NOT the place to ask this but can u please help me ??? i have a problem when i reached to the u4 labs when i got to the door with the valve it started loading...and didnt load when i try changelevel SE1_U4Lab02 it starts to load ...and stops to the half idk what's the problem my fr sended me his map SE1_U4Lab02 (it works and loads fine on his PC) but on mine ...the same screwwy bug..so anyone can help ?? plsss i don't wanna hop a level !!!
Have you tried updating the game to the latest version? Are you running any background tasks that might interfere with the level loading?

--------------------
Sex, drugs & techno
_dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:18 PM   #345
TrapperKeeper
Rookie

Smile Re: SiN Episodes: Emergence Feedback and Suggestions

Just played Ep 1

Shame on me, i missed this one long ago for some personal reasons when it was released, but as a first day fan of No1 i had to order it, even knowing that there wont be an Ep 2..
Great done :-) I think most critics were already said in former posts, for me, it felt like the original game very much even a few disappointments like Blades missing funny one liners.
(I gues ritual would have fixed some of the issues in later episodes)
Well seeing some Sin game with Blade Elexis and JC was just so great after so many years, now i play the first one again, just great all those interactive enviroments, recently only Duke Dukem 4 ever could compete, even it was much less interesting than the 2001 trailer that time showed us.
Dont know how come the francise had so less sucess, maybe the first one failed because of the presences of Half Live One that days back in 98. That time i just enjoid both titels not thinking about which one was better infact.Booth games had some athomsphere i miss in todays super polished games, maybe just the devs themslve stood behind it, today game making seems like industry work, one reason i didnt continue my artist career in a traditional game firm :-( Unfortunatly Sin allways stood in the shadows of HL, no matter it had more stuff (hackable computers and for todays standards very basic vehicles, and of course the sexiest female villain in games ever)
I hope one day Mumbo Jumbo will give the IP to some other developers to continue and keep the series alive for the next generation of gamers, (Of course very sad if the Levelord wouldnt be aboard anymore for some kick ass levels) Valve would be a great choice (Since i think they are the almost last company that didnt go 100% for commerce in this Industry , for example Portal was so refreshing aside the FPS but still beeing FP i just thought i was a MOD !! and not some commercial project), but seems like theres allways a dark shadow over this game series, so just forget about what i said..

Hope someone of former ritual stuff still reading here, great job on ep 1 nice bikini scene with elexis:-))
Definatly without playing Sin among some other games, i wouldnt do the things for a live that i now do.
I wish everyone who read here and supports ritual a good christmas and a happy new year!

--------------------
This was a triumph! Im taking a note here, huge sucess! It’s hard to overstate my satisfaction. Sintek Corporation, we do what we must because we can..for the better good of all of us, expect the ones who are death..
TrapperKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote