|07-06-2000, 08:08 AM||#1|
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
A save / load game fix
Do you find that loading your save games locks up Sin, and your computer?
Then try this ...
(This is more a workaround than a fix).
1. In your sin directory, create the batch file FIX.BAT.
2. Put in it the following commands:
copy base\players\blade\config.cfg base\players\blade\config.bak
copy base\players\blade\config.bak base\players\blade\config.cfg
(Note:- if you use a name other than "Blade" to log into the game, replace "blade" above with your login name)
3. Run FIX.BAT.
4. At the game menu, start a "New Game" (I use the same skill level as the saved game, but it shouldn't matter).
5. Press any key when prompted.
6. When the animation of J.C. starts, press F3 and load your corrupted game.
7. It should now work (fingers crossed).
Please send me feedback if this works for you.
I, too, was so so so so frustrated by this bug that I almost gave up playing the game.
I found the problem began on the "SinTek Chemical Plant" level, around the circular intersection, where you leave the map, a few areas before the U4 room.
Why does this problem occur around here?
Can anyone explain?
I've seen the problem on both V1.03 and 1.06.
And before anyone asks, "No, my system is running just fine. IOW, the HDD has no errors and I've re-installed the game".
Thanks very much to those whose messages gave me hints on the config.cfg file. Using the above batch file has stopped the lockup on the first "Sin" title page when loading the game.
Starting a new game seems to allow bad save games to load.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 AM.