Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes

Old 05-15-2006, 08:32 AM   #26
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Default Re: Sin:Episodes is Good, But You Guys Need To Gro

With or without boobs, this was a good game and it wasn't the boobs that made me buying this, allthought i have nothing against boobs [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Since i don't have to ask my mom's permission to play Sin, i enjoyed both, the game and boobs [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hmmm, did i mention about boobs(enough)? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:42 AM   #27
KalZakath
Experienced

That's the spirit [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] lol
KalZakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:24 PM   #28
Shoelip
Experienced

This makes me think, I don't remember ever seeing exposed boobs in any of the pre-release hype. I preordered the game based on the fact that it was a sequel to SiN, it looked like a great game in it's own right, and I got SiN for free with it which I had never finished.
Shoelip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 07:41 PM   #29
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by Grandpapa:
With or without boobs, this was a good game and it wasn't the boobs that made me buying this, allthought i have nothing against boobs [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Since i don't have to ask my mom's permission to play Sin, i enjoyed both, the game and boobs [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Hmmm, did i mention about boobs(enough)? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
I'll have what he's having.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:02 AM   #30
Sandanjuu
Rookie

Uhm.. two things...

Most obvious, this game IS called SiN isn't it?
Your aware what a Sin is, right?

I'm a relatively prudish guy IRL, unfortunately, it's just my nature. Most of the time the 'sex' involved in video games really gnaws on me, because it generally has no purpose or point of reference. Like, for example, why is lara croft running around in skin tight outfits when she's fighting DINOSAURS and people with guns?

SiN on the other hand, has a reason for the 'sexyness'. This world is grim. It's not exactly a city you'd want to live in. Elexis is a vixen at best. She knows what she has, and uses it. Do I agree with that whole idea? No. But do you honestly believe, someone as cruel and heartless as Elexis would have even a second THOUGHT about the way she handles her business?

If anything, this game wasn't far out enough. Where was our classic Blade lines? :P
Sandanjuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 05:08 AM   #31
KalZakath
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandanjuu:
Like, for example, why is lara croft running around in skin tight outfits when she's fighting DINOSAURS and people with guns?

Well, in all honesty only Lara Croft would be running around, cartwheeling, rolling, somersaulting whilst fighting dinosaurs [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This means full camo fatigues and flak armour is a no-no. Me, I tend to use rocket launchers and large-calibre ranged weapons for dinosaurs, and save the skimpy outfits for later. I mean...erm...
KalZakath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 07:22 AM   #32
Standoff
Veteran

Count me in as 27 years old and very childish...or something
I think what you've got here has as much to do with being unique and character driven as it does being childish. It's hard for me to ignore that it's over the top, but honestly, what isn't in some way?

I don't want more sterile games...if there's this kind of 'controversy' it means someone was actually willing to make a game interesting enough to cause controversy, which to me is good. I could see it being a problem with kids, but I'd think it'd be easily explained to your wife given the storyline (I mean, unless you just don't talk to your wife, in which case you've already got issues.)

Then again, if you have kids that watch you play M rated games, you've got issues too.

So....yeah. I can see why you'd say it's needless, but I'm still glad it's there.
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 07:33 PM   #33
Amiantos

Don't know if someone has already covered this but:

Trent Reznor didn't do the music for Quake2. Sonic Mayhem did, with a guest track by Jer Sypult (or whatever his name was).

Also, to nit pick, technically Nine Inch Nails didn't do the music for Quake. Trent Reznor did. He does differeniate, like the Lost Highway soundtrack.

Also I'll take gorgeous digital breasts over scary gothic violence any day. Luckily Emegence not only satisfies my childish desire for breasts, but also my desire to see heads comically explode.
Amiantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:33 PM   #34
hot564231
Veteran

Default Re: Sin:Episodes is Good, But You Guys Need To Grow Up

Quote:
Originally posted by rsamuel66:
If you've got a solid shooter on your hand, you don't need to promote it with gratuitous titty images. Makes everyone seem like they're 12 years old, masturbating to daddy's crusty issues of Hustler.

ricardo
It's just a game dude, if one day a game allows me to touche those tity's then i'd tell myself to grow up and not touche the titly's [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

but until then you need to take it easy and you masturbated to Hustler? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

hot564231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #35
abrasion

Quote:
If you've got a solid shooter on your hand, you don't need to promote it with gratuitous titty images. Makes everyone seem like they're 12 years old, masturbating to daddy's crusty issues of Hustler.

ricardo
Sorry dude but there is NOT enough "silly titty" type games anymore.

they remind us of the old, the innocent days, of Duke 3D, of Sin 1 - of in jokes in games that are obscure or specific to gaming industry 'insiders'

Every second [censored] game is either a WW2 game or a "serious tactical shooter"

MEH - i like tits, i like shooting things and I like dumb fun.
i also like the serious games - but it's good to chill out to a silly fun game.

bring it on ritual - more statue cocks, more [censored] up elexis innuendo, etc - it's fun.

abrasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #36
Standoff
Veteran

I agree that humorous imagery that you don't expect is far too rare these days, and I for one would be sad if everyone 'grew up.'
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 06:58 PM   #37
enfestid
Veteran

I have no problem with nudity or partial nudity or whatever, but I have to agree that the bikini scene does seem a little out of place.

Then again, this is episodic, so it may seem perfectly in place later on.
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #38
guru7892
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by enfestid:
I have no problem with nudity or partial nudity or whatever, but I have to agree that the bikini scene does seem a little out of place.
first of all i have no problem with full frontal nudity. especialy if it is used to drive home the fact that the female body is much more beautiful than...well, then any other type of human body. note that the female body is much less complex than the males from a artistic stand-point; they are less inclined to have multiple angular features that clutter the body and make it a stain on the eye.

but I have to say the bikini scene was out of place, but accurite. In ALL of my dreams I never get anything!

i also have to say that, with some of the tings on the internet,elexis's boob's are acualy quite modest...
guru7892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 02:19 AM   #39
Shoelip
Experienced

I don't see the bikini scene as all that out of place. Blade at least used to have a thing for Elexis, and he was pretty screwed up by whatever she injected him with. He was also unconscious at the time which is usually when people have dreams.
Shoelip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:35 PM   #40
djbell
Experienced

Yeh but I've never heard of a person dreaming about a naked person you're attracted to, it's just not very believable.
djbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 06:31 PM   #41
deceiver
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to deceiver Send a message via MSN to deceiver

You've never dreamt of a person you're attracted to naked?
deceiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 07:00 PM   #42
N8dogg

I think it needs more titties... But that may just be me...
N8dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 10:34 PM   #43
djbell
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by deceiver:
You've never dreamt of a person you're attracted to naked?
Sarcasm anyone? Anyone? Sigh.
djbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:10 PM   #44
Dmio
Rookie

Quote:

ricardo
LMAO
Dmio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:15 PM   #45
Xenogenetic
Addict

This is by far the best thread ever. I can't believe I missed it when its was new.
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 10:33 PM   #46
Zinfacter
Regular

lol did you guys happen to notice that the original starter of this thread totally deserted it? Scared him away!
Zinfacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 02:14 AM   #47
Bianca
Elexis Sinclaire

who wants to grow up anyways? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Bianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:16 AM   #48
Quitch
Casual

Quote:

ricardo
I think you're missing the point. Elexis is the quintessential playful villain, who, her imagery implies, uses her "feminine charms" to her advantage. Just look at the end of SiN! In SiN, Elexis is called a "babe" by both JC and Blade, and it's obvious that many people have a thing for her. She herself has a bit of a fascination for Blade, and so she toys with him. I thought the bikini scene was a fantastic run of the imagination, and something rather more exciting than another villain monologuing.

Of course, it's probably to annoy Blade as much as anything else since, as shown by the story trailer for Emergence, he now despises Elexis. It's a shame Ritual didn't show this side of him better. He sounded far too cheerful talking to Jessica and JC when the trailer portrays it as something deeply personal to him.

As for Jessica and her knickers hanging out, you've obviously not seen many girls in crop tops and hipster jeans. They've got the wrong bits on display, it'd be at the back where the knickers tend to stick out, but still, it's not like it's something that doesn't occur in the real world.

I can't stand this self-conscious moralizing that seems to afflict some gamers, and the worry about how this reflects on what we think of women. It's fantasy, it doesn't reflect anything except a flight of fancy to a fantastic world where someone can take four slugs to the chest and keep on running. It's rather like the way that I don't perceive all men in boiler suits as evil and in need of killing.
Quitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 08:02 AM   #49
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Quote:
Originally posted by Bianca:
who wants to grow up anyways? [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Amen. B.
JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:15 AM   #50
ighost
Casual

hehe, my favorite line is from jessica, it might just be some random thing though "she isn't that attractive" haha
ighost is offline   Reply With Quote