Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Old 08-10-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
synchromesh
Veteran

Default And heres engineering !!

Ok i did a quick conversion job on engineering as well.
Feedback on what the scale is like in the demo would be nice if anyone has tried it.

synchromesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
Stylsy
I'm on offense!

Send a message via MSN to Stylsy Send a message via Skype™ to Stylsy
Default Re: And heres engineering !!

Hey, this is some fine work pal.

Gave your demo a try, first, looking at the holodeck, in a screencap it seems like two people can just about fit through the door together, and it seems ok in comparison. (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m_styles/entd-1.jpg)

The coridoor seems fine width wise I think, but the height is a little low. I compared it against a screencap and also the Ent-E in the game. (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m_styles/entd-2.jpg) (http://homepage.ntlworld.com/m_styles/entd-3.jpg)

Even so, I don't think its major and I'm no mapping expert! It's shaping up really well, can't wait to see your future stuff.

--------------------
Stylsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 12:19 AM   #3
synchromesh
Veteran

Thanks Stylsy !!

For me to say ..."Ye that seems ok" wasnt enough to put my mind at rest. Even converting my existing map is lot of work so i wanted another opinion before proceeding to far with it. but your images show its actually more accurate than i thought.

Scaling it up one stage more screwed the map but using your method of measuring the doors etc i can now see would have made it to high anyway.

Thanks for the reply its appreciated. Perhaps you could test some other areas for me as i do them ??
Old 08-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #4
erico

I'd be happy to offer some feedback on your ent-D work. I'm a longtime lurker here and the ent-D is my favorite trek ship.

I'll get emails quickest at the account for my podcast, fireflytalk@gmail.com.

Eric
erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:47 AM   #5
erico

I'm also one to think that the scaling is looking fine for the hallways, a tad smallish but just barely so. The Sovvy hallways in EF2 always seemed much too large to me, so I welcome more believable scaling.

As for engineering, I think it's looking great; the main deviation from the original that I see in the pics above is that the warpcore is about twice as wide as it should be, at least in the central bulge. Look at the reference pic below for the relative width. The bulkhead that leads into that section is also quite wider in this version. But those are minor nitpicks, I'd love to see the ent-D in EF2, and I think this shows great promise! Did you also do the tngdemo ent-D hallway maps for EF1?

erico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 06:03 AM   #6
Stylsy
I'm on offense!

Send a message via MSN to Stylsy Send a message via Skype™ to Stylsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by synchromesh View Post
Perhaps you could test some other areas for me as i do them ??
By all means, I'll check in here when I can or you can reach me via email, a_styles at ntlworld.com

--------------------
Stylsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 05:49 PM   #7
synchromesh
Veteran

Ok guys thanks il get back to you shortly with an engineering demo.

Yup it was me that did both the tng demo for EF1 ( just an early tester really ) and the bridge demo for the "D" that will be the next conversion on the list. However il need to get some models converted for that somehow ??

The warp core section was originally made by Wolf359 it was the only bit i never touched cuz he did such an awsome job. ( not that there was anything wrong with the rest ) but when i converted it to EF1 i totally rebuilt the other section from scratch as the tv series changed so much of the set looks and i remapped it anyway as it was way off the grid after the rescale.

Il take a look at the core centre a little later

Last edited by synchromesh : 08-12-2007 at 05:57 PM.