Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 10-05-2012, 09:29 AM   #1
bluebird
Fanboy

Default Oh how FPS sucks these days

With all the cheating in call of duty series, I wish we could all go back to the good'ol days of SIN. I had more fun in SIN than any of the new games.

Why the hell hasnt Activision or EA gone after the code writers making the damn cheats. SUCKS BIG TIME.

-BLUEBIRD
bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Chriss
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chriss Send a message via Yahoo to Chriss Send a message via Skype™ to Chriss
Default Re: Oh how FPS sucks these days

Preventing players from cheating is rather complicated, but NOT impossible... ...at least you can reduce it so much that it almost is pointless to cheat , but you will need to do excellent coding.

And you would need to change most of the handling for the multiplayer code, verify every client command to the server to check if it is cohesive with the server events and within the game logic. And programming something like that so that it is still compatible to new code is rather expensive. And would have a small impact on the server->player response time, aka PING.

I can agree with you that the call of duty series generates more than sufficient money to work out a nearly perfect system, even some modders of UT2004 made a almost perfect server side and client assisted system.
But only when ppl stop buying activision games, they will find money for cheat prevention. Btw Valve Anti Cheat is as useless as a "Do please please please not cheat" sign

The old games had only simple cheats as there was no demand for cheating as now days, these days you can buy your favourite hack. There are even entire companies making hacks to cheat on-line, so it won't get any better in the future unless I get hired to help create a anti cheat software
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote