Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 01-29-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
Kaionai

Default Can't get SiN (Steam) to run on windows 7

I can't seem to get SIN (Steam) to run on Windows 7 pro, I have tried compatibility modes checked all box's than one by one process of elimination. I have it set to windows XP SP3.

Don't tell me the basics of updating drivers and etc..for a old a## game too. I just want to damn thing to work!.
Kaionai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #2
Chriss
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chriss Send a message via Yahoo to Chriss Send a message via Skype™ to Chriss
Default Re: Can't get SiN (Steam) to run on windows 7

Without any error Message or more informations what happens when you start the game... It is impossible to help you out anyhow. If you have graphic issues you might find that Information bellow useful.

If you are using a ATI HD card, you can't do anything but complain to ATI, ATI has still not provided a solution for such games.

If you have a Nvidia Card update to the latest Drivers, there is a option to bypass issues with older games.
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
DuSTman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriss View Post
If you are using a ATI HD card, you can't do anything but complain to ATI, ATI has still not provided a solution for such games.

If you have a Nvidia Card update to the latest Drivers, there is a option to bypass issues with older games.
There are (unofficial) fixes for ati cards. You can either
1: Get catalyst 10.4, and put the atioglxx.dll from that version into SiN's directory (described at http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...php?t=1725816). This only works on cards that 10.4 supports, though (not the hd 6xxx series)
2: The method of decompressing the files from the gcf file and renaming the executable to quake3.exe - (I discovered a few months ago that the drivers hand quake3 a shortened version of the extensions string that doesn't overflow the allocated buffer)
Mezo (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1732704) created a nice shortcut for using this method.

To my suprise, the second method's also been noted to work with nvidia gpus.
DuSTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #4
Chriss
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Chriss Send a message via Yahoo to Chriss Send a message via Skype™ to Chriss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuSTman View Post
To my suprise, the second method's also been noted to work with nvidia gpus.
I'm not so much surprised, it is a OpenGL 4.0 issue, it seams that ATI has just been to lazy to provide any solution, as NVIDIA did.
Chriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:18 AM   #5
RaVeR
Regular

I have windows 7 ultimate 64bit and i had no broblems with installin steam. But somereason steam doesent seem to show/refresh any servers. Maybe its just some small issue on their side cuz i just installed it about an hour ago. There should be 1 sin1 server on steams server list, at least about month ago there was a ctf server. If someone knows the ip address for that server or anyone has a server on give me the ip address plz. I wanna play some SIN for loooooooong time And bots are boring. Sin cost me a 1 at the mallso i had to buy it for remenessing

--------------------
WaSSuP?
RaVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 08:25 PM   #6
tschumann

You don't have any filters set on the server browser do you? There just may not be any servers though.
tschumann is offline   Reply With Quote