Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritualistic > News Comments

Old 06-16-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default SiN Episodes Interview: Looking Back, Looking Forward

With SiN Episodes: Emergence in the hands of gamers, we decided to catch up with the development team for a two-part interview. The first part is up now, looking back at Emergence and discussing the soon-to-be-released Arena Mode add-on as well as the upcoming SDK. Here's a clip:
<blockquote>
[img]/screens/sineps/arena/arena_060615_01.jpg[/img]How many maps is Arena Mode going to ship with, and are there any plans to release more later, possibly with later episodes?

Ken Harward: We'll be releasing around 4 Arena maps with the initial release, and an additional few maps every couple of months. All of our modes will always continue to upgrade across every episode. This is one of the great things about episodic content--the products will get better and offer more functionality with every release. By Episode 3 I expect we'll have several multiplayer modes, tons of Arena maps, and not only will the AI in Episode 3 be outstanding, but that same AI will be retrofitted back to Episode 1. The Episodes will update like a MMO does, where the whole product updates all the time.
</blockquote>
Click here to read the rest of the interview. There's a lot of juicy stuff in there, including two exclusive screenshots from one of the Arena Mode maps! Look for the second part - covering multiplayer and Episode 2 - later this month!
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:21 AM   #2
MetalFX
Casual

Default Re: SiN Episodes Interview: Looking Back, Looking

Well thats certinaly cleared up a whole lot of things for me. Also i'm glad that I actually know what this Arena mode is now that everyone has been talking about. Thanks for posting the link badman (and doing the interview if you did it. If not then thanks to whoever did.)
MetalFX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
RatherDashing
Regular

Please, please, please add the switch for Blade's voice. Blade telling ten enemies a map a hillarious phrase such as 'Rest in pieces' would bore me to tears.
Having said that, he having more of a presence with story related set pieces would be good - after all, he isn't Dr Gordon Freeman.
RatherDashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 11:15 AM   #4
PizzasRgooD
Regular

I don't understand why they think no talk is more immersive. To me gordon freeman doesn't even exist.. and everytime alyx talks I'm thinking "you're wasting your time lady" [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 05:41 PM   #5
RatherDashing
Regular

It's to do with not having any opinions forced upon you. Half-Life would lose a lot of it's charm if you suddenly had some butch, b-list voice actor over the top saying wannabe Evil Dead one liners. You're free to put yourself into the HEV suit.
RatherDashing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:37 PM   #6
PizzasRgooD
Regular

It doesn't have to be one liners.. but some dialogue would be nice (instead of the monologues we have now). It's too late for HL though.
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote