|07-17-2006, 05:13 AM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2006
Support Checklist: Please read before posting.
Since these steps fix 99% of the issues we've encountered in the shipping version of "SiN Episodes: Emergence," please double-check these items before posting a help request.
1) Make sure that you have the latest and greatest official drivers for everything. Video, sound, motherboard, EVERYTHING. Older sound and video drivers were causing issues earlier in development, and outdated motherboard drivers are the number one cause of the random crashes that we've been seeing.
2) Make sure you have all Windows Updates installed, and the latest version of DirectX installed.
3) On slower machines, make sure the game is completely preloaded.
4) Please do a full virus scan.
5) If you have ZoneAlarm or another personal firewall installed, please add "SinEpisodes.exe" to the Programs list.
6) If you have GoBack installed, please disable GoBack before you try to play the game the first time. You can re-enable GoBack after the first time.
7) Please validate your cache files. This is especially important if you purchased off of Steam instead of purchasing from a retail outlet. To validate your cache files, right click on "SiN Episodes: Emergence" in your Steam Games List, and pick "Properties." Click the "Local files" tab, then click "Verify integrity of local files..."
8) Type this into your start ; run dialog and look for any problems listed (or just click this link):
9) If you have a codec pack installed, like the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack installed, please uninstall it. While codec packs like this are a major convenience, some of the override codecs that they install interfere with "SiN Episodes," and can cause looping sound freezes and crashes.
If you have followed all of the above and are still having the problem, make a post and include the exact error message (if any) in the post, as well as your DXDIAG information.
To get your DXDIAG information, from the Start menu, select Run. Type in "DXDIAG" and hit the "OK" button. Click the "Save all information" button, and copy the resulting file into your post.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.