Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Condition Zero & CS Xbox

Old 10-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #1
Ice_Commando
Experienced

Default CSNation previews the new CZ

http://csnation.counter-strike.net/a...p/article_170/

Major points:
The game's primary single player game is tony hawk like botmatches with improved bots-- turtle rock studios did most of the development it seems (taking the developer count up to 5).

-12 of ritual's campaign based levels are included, out of the original 18. They're in a section called "deleted scenes".

-They're are 18 maps for both single player and multiplayer, all are new or updates of previous maps.

-Bots are improved over the one's we saw in 1.6-- They actually can knife fight intelligently with you. They also shout out many different comments that reflect their personality during the SP missions. It's up to you to buy new bots as you progress in SP to make a better team. They have different attriubutes such as skill, cooperation, bravery, and favorite weaponry.

-Multiplayer in CZ and regular CS is nearly identical aside from the new maps-- they haven't been determined whether or not they will be released to the community.

-None of ritual's player or weapon models appear to be in the game.

From the sound of all this, it sounds like it will be a relatively good game from the sound of the mission setup and bot AI-- however, the lack of ritual's new art assets really sets me off, to the point that i'm not sure i'll bother getting it. Hopefully they will make it in somehow, I don't have any clue why valve would want to take it out.
Ice_Commando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 10:23 PM   #2
Kalabalana
Veteran

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ

rizzuh @ 7:48 pm edt - cs-nation updates - important - 8 comments - new!
Counter-Strike: Condition Zero is scheduled to go gold sometime soon, so we're posting hands-on impressions of the latest version of the game. Although we can all agree that the Ritual version looked like it played as well as a broken saxophone, this new version of Condition Zero is actually quite fun in my opinion:
After receiving Ritual Entertainment's Condition Zero content earlier this year, VALVe decided to re-do significant parts of the project. Community feedback wasn't too positive about Ritual's work. In my opinion, Ritual's quality of work for Condition Zero wasn't what the community expected from a title with VALVe's name on it.

Although you will still find some of the Ritual missions in the game, the meat of CS: Condition Zero is a new mode programmed by Turtle Rock Studios. Twelve Ritual missions will be in a section of the game called "Deleted Scenes." These missions were the best of the 20 or so that Ritual developed. But the new game mode that will comprise most of Condition Zero is a Tony Hawk Pro Skater-like challenge mode.

hhahahahahahahaa broken saxophone, never heard that one before hahah
Kalabalana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2003, 11:19 PM   #3
CT_Seal007
Rookie

Community feedback?! The only community feedback that Gabe got, came from rizzuh. Shows you how much of a pussy Gabe is. One guy says he doesn't like the game and Gabe starts pissing in his pants. Cry Gabe... cry like the disfunctional little bitch that you are.
CT_Seal007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:28 AM   #4
Waltar
Rookie

Quote:
Ritual's quality of work for Condition Zero wasn't what the community expected from a title with VALVe's name on it.

What was the "community" expecting? a 4 year delay vaporware title that gets forgotten? Shit cz came close.

Valve becomes more and more unprofessional everytime they release a game.
Waltar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:30 AM   #5
Wolf8218
Veteran

roger that
down with valve software
Wolf8218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 01:59 AM   #6
zoso
Experienced

if people wanted to play tony hawk would they not just TONY HAWK?
zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:16 AM   #7
greaser

let's just "pretend" we're all on the same page here and i'll raise a question of speculation.

as gamers in the communitiy let's assume ritual finished with cs:cz by atleast july cause they had to have time to finish the xbox version of the game. so somewhere between july and say a few weeks ago turtle rock has had the 4th stab at the game. so that's july, august, september, and BARELY october. so we're talking 3 whole months they've worked on the game. and supposedly they've finally (out of 4 dev teams) have gotten it right even though they've had the shortest time to work on the game.

well [censored] me silly and call me sally the sheep!! some company no one has ever heard of or produced any game for that matter has done a better job than 3 established dev teams. WOW! i am amazed.

so anyway here's the question:

according to our speculation, with at the most 3 solid months of working on the game, who wants to bet that cs: cz will be a buggy piece of trash?

oh yeah. and who else thinks the writers at cs-nation are valve's personally dick sucking bitches? i mean really. every review i've read from there about cs (especially within these past two days) totally bashes all other devs except turtle rock (whom no one has ever heard of.)
greaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 04:50 AM   #8
kanaeda
Veteran

the amount of time Turtle Rock spent working on the new bots is uncertain. early versions of the bots were in place for E3, and showing up in a somewhat working version previous to that.
kanaeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 06:09 AM   #9
Castle
Level Designer

The only thing about this whole situation that gets me most is I know exactly why people (the Comunity) complained about Rituals version of CZ.
The game was supposed to be out a long time ago. We worked with what we had but there was no way we could have added vehicles, coop, real time lighting, huge out door environments, and all the other things people expect from first person shooters today. I am nearly 100 % sure about this. you are going to get backlash from the comunity if the game is X years late no matter how good it is... its like getting blood from stone when I think about it... I learned so much about this working on CZ.

So yeah the comunity might have said they didnt like CZ... News Flash! You dont go up to a bunch of people who seen and played all the latest games with a game thats still using the half life engine and expect raving reviews about the game play graphics and sound.
The best you can hope for is things like "Yeah it was pretty cool but I played half life so many times and this game felt pretty much the same with cooler weapons"
When we started working on the project thats exactly what I thought too. oh well..

I am pretty sure the comunity would have loved this game like 2 years ago no matter what version it was.

I wonder if this post will get deleted....
*sigh* ill shut up now
Castle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 12:05 PM   #10
enfestid
Veteran

I agree with you, Castle.

Doesn't matter, though, I'm not getting Condition Zero now. Wish I had your version [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 02:27 PM   #11
RTurner

I agree with you too castle.

I think Ritual should release their version of CS:CZ and screw VALVe, from what I've seen of the one Ritual developed, there were objectives, storylines and interesting dialog.

I think VALVe is just going to make this some shitty Counter-Strike clone in order to make more money for their lame company. It's nothing other than a question for more money for them to line their empty pockets.
RTurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 04:26 PM   #12
kevin442
Fanboy

IM NOT SURE but the tony hawk thing there talking about is related to the the new mode they put in. I dont think they said to much on Single Player?
kevin442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 05:08 PM   #13
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:

I think Ritual should release their version of CS:CZ and screw VALVe, from what I've seen of the one Ritual developed, there were objectives, storylines and interesting dialog.

I think VALVe is just going to make this some shitty Counter-Strike clone in order to make more money for their lame company. It's nothing other than a question for more money for them to line their empty pockets.
*cough* you mean "accidentally" leak what they finished *cough*
Old 10-11-2003, 05:32 PM   #14
ildon
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:

*cough* you mean "accidentally" leak what they finished *cough*
I think someone already handled that for them.
ildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:02 PM   #15
Spinnaker

This Turtle Rock version of CZ is BS. I was really looking forward for the Ritual version of CZ....new players models, new SP weapons, and missions. The old screenshots, works, and trailers says it all. Remember the "customizable models" there were suppose to be thousands of different combinations? And SP missions looked more fun than this "tony hawk" like gameplay. There were 4-5 locations, or countries from what i remember that u get to play. The trailers looked really good.... ppl repelling out of choppers, explosions, falling through crates, choppers crashing....ah remember the reward points where you can call in for backup and the chopper destroys a building so u can get thru! What about the cut scene in one of the first videos, where there is a downed ct and his buddy is dragging him out of the line of fire? That was awesome. Anyway ritual verision looked more exciting.

I thought the whole purpose of CS:CZ was its SP mode. If i wanted to play with bots i would dl podbot or just pub. Sure bots can be nice to practice on but after awhile it gets boring. "Get one kill with a pistol?, Get one kill with fiveseven? 3 Headshots with a deagle? Kill someone who has been blinded by a fb?...omg so exicting i can already tell ppl will get sick after the 5th objective!....you can pub on a 32 player server and do the same things i bet it would be more fun.

Ritual release ur version of CZ call it different name!!! =)
Spinnaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:24 PM   #16
enfestid
Veteran

That's not a finished version, from what I heard [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-11-2003, 08:16 PM   #17
Castle
Level Designer

I found out that the Ritual version was not leaked.
All of the leakage came from valve so the true Ritual version is not out there as far as I can tell.
valve made changes to the one that wolf was talking about. It is not in fact the full ritual version.
as far as I know there are 4 versions of cz

gear box version
Ritual Version unchanged (Not leaked)
Ritual version changed by valve
Turtle rock version

Unless the first level of the game is called fastline you do not have Rituals true version of the game.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:37 PM   #18
Castle
Level Designer

is Turtle Rock really just one guy?
Old 10-11-2003, 08:42 PM   #19
xile
Regular

umm the leaked version is rituals it has none of the new developers work and it is fastline.... the one where u meet up with that guy and helicopter out.. 2nd mission leads u in a jungle type thing where u have to be silent at first and go underground 3rd one is the one in russia.. thats the level im on right now.
xile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 08:47 PM   #20
Venmoch
Regular

So let me get this straight. Valve, got rid of all the stuff Ritual did (The Superb looking models and weapons and the majority of the single player missions which all looked amazing) and repackaged it into a UT2003 style bot match.

WTH????

I hope they kept in everything Ritual put in their missions (like the semi ragdoll physics) because that was the only reason I was going to buy this game.
Venmoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 09:02 PM   #21
Vash
Experienced

Default Re: CSNation previews the new CZ *DELETED*

Post deleted by badman
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 09:09 PM   #22
kevin442
Fanboy

Same as Vash said and what i dont get is why valve didnt upgrade the models. Why have old models when u canhave BETTER models. Key word BETTER and the same goes for the weapon models.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:27 PM   #23
Castle
Level Designer

there is no helicopter in fastline

the Ritual version starts in japan in a subway.
if the first map is anything other than that you dont have the Ritual version. Is the first level in a subway?

edit: also just by the level order you are talking about I am pretty sure that is not the order of the maps in the Ritual version.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:37 PM   #24
kevin442
Fanboy

Post deleted by badman
Old 10-11-2003, 09:43 PM   #25
xile
Regular

Post deleted by badman