Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes: Emergence

Old 05-19-2006, 04:38 PM   #1
_oswald
Rookie

Default Bustin locks - added value inside!

Hola,

Just poppin up with ideas of stuff that I'd like to see added in Sin Ep's and it bugs me that either i'm dumb, or I can't seem to bust the padlocks off the locked lockers.

I keep wanting to beat the crap out of them with my melee option to no avail. Groar.
-Erik
_oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #2
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Default Re: Bustin locks - added value inside!

If it's got a lock on it, it can't be opened at this time...sorry.
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:59 PM   #3
Cynic66
Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by _oswald:
Hola,

Just poppin up with ideas of stuff that I'd like to see added in Sin Ep's and it bugs me that either i'm dumb, or I can't seem to bust the padlocks off the locked lockers.

I keep wanting to beat the crap out of them with my melee option to no avail. Groar.
-Erik
Yup, I've seen people mention that before, and I think it would be a very simple addidion to add more immersion to the game.

The other related thing I was thinking of, was you know those big lockers in the U4 labs with the pinpads on them? Why not use them? Make some of the lockers actually locked, and require a code to open them. Codes could be found in lots of places (answering machine messages, notebooks, scraps of paper, etc). You could even use the phone numbers if you're lazy.

Optimally, you could have names (or at least unique numbers) on the lockers, workstations, cubicles, etc, and listening to employee answering machines, memos, reading their books, laptops, whatever could really pull you into the environment a lot more, and add a lot more personality to the game. (For EG: Reading a SinTek employee's last couple journal entries on his computer about how much he hates his job, then a "missing" bulletin for that employee on a post-it board in the hall? :P)

Just thoughts for the future! The more people can play around, the more interested they'll be.
Cynic66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 05:03 PM   #4
_oswald
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael_Russell:
That's why it's a feature request. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

I'd love to see it in Sin Ep2 or maybe in some patch for Sin Ep1.

And the idea of using codes to open doors that came in this thread, genius. I love interactivity and I think that the level of interactivity was what set Sin apart from the herd in 1998 and I'd love to see Sin Ep's do the same.
_oswald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:02 PM   #5
motoko2030
Experienced

I would like to see this feature in episode 2.
motoko2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:13 PM   #6
Zinfacter
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Cynic66:
Quote:
Originally posted by _oswald:
Hola,

-Erik
Yup, I've seen people mention that before, and I think it would be a very simple addidion to add more immersion to the game.

The other related thing I was thinking of, was you know those big lockers in the U4 labs with the pinpads on them? Why not use them? Make some of the lockers actually locked, and require a code to open them. Codes could be found in lots of places (answering machine messages, notebooks, scraps of paper, etc). You could even use the phone numbers if you're lazy.

Optimally, you could have names (or at least unique numbers) on the lockers, workstations, cubicles, etc, and listening to employee answering machines, memos, reading their books, laptops, whatever could really pull you into the environment a lot more, and add a lot more personality to the game. (For EG: Reading a SinTek employee's last couple journal entries on his computer about how much he hates his job, then a "missing" bulletin for that employee on a post-it board in the hall? :P)

Just thoughts for the future! The more people can play around, the more interested they'll be.
Sounds a bit too much like Doom3 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Zinfacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #7
enfestid
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Michael_Russell:
At this time? I like the sound of that [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
enfestid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #8
Damien_Azreal
Experienced

Hopefully in future episodes we can bust the lock and open the cabinet.
I spent about five minutes trying to smack a lock off... got irritated and shot it. Then walked away. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Damien_Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 04:54 AM   #9
Cynic66
Casual

Quote:

Sounds a bit too much like Doom3 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
That was the only part I LIKED about Doom3! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Cynic66 is offline   Reply With Quote