Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 05-03-2006, 07:39 AM   #1
badx

Default No Steam Sin 1 for German Pre-Order Customers ?

Yesterday i have buyed the Pre Order of Sin Episodes Emergence. In this offer there is Sin 1 for free. But I donīt find it in my Steam Games List. And I canīt search for it in the Store Tab of the Steam Client.
What can I do, to became Sin 1 on Steam. Or is it, because Sin 1 is place on the Index in Germany(forbidden to sell it to customers under the age of 18) ?
Can somebody help me please ? :-)

P.S. Apologize my bad english ;-)
P.P.S. Is the Steam Version of Sin Episodes 1 DE cut or uncut ?
badx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 08:50 AM   #2
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Default Re: No Steam Sin 1 for German Pre-Order Customers

When you preordered SiN Emergence did you tick the SiN 1 box which asks you which games you wish to put in you're games list?

If not it won't be in your My games list. You could try looking under the "not installed" section at the bottom of you're games list. Also could try start run:
"C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam.exe" -applaunch 1313
The above target will only work if steam is installed in that directory which is the default.
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:30 PM   #3
badx

Thanks for helping CommanderZx2,
there was no tick at my Preorder with Sin 1.
In the not installed Section, there all my registered Games, inclusive Sin Episodes, but theres no Sin 1.
The Command Line doesnīt work, it just opened the Steam Shop tab.
I think the Problem is, that Sin 1 is in Germany "on the Index", in this case, German Custmers canīt get it with Steam.
Old 05-03-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

You could change your System's language and region to UK and steam setting to english. To see if it will appear then.

Also are you sure you haven't just preloaded, but not preordered?
Old 05-03-2006, 05:37 PM   #5
badx

Iīm sure, i have a receipt ;-)
Old 05-04-2006, 11:07 AM   #6
badx

Hello, I changed my Country settings to switzerland. I can't find Sin in my Games List or in "search for Games". Sin 1 doesn't appear in my Steam Client.

Quote : The Steam version of SiN is part of the SiN Episodes: Emergence pre-order package. <font color="red"> Anybody pre-ordering SiN Episodes: Emergence gets the Steam version of SiN, including multiplayer and SinCTF, for free.</font> You can pre-order SiN Episodes: Emergence here on the SiN Episodes website

I think not "anybody"
Old 05-04-2006, 12:30 PM   #7
MeatPuppet
Level Designer

I think because you are in Germany you can't download it. It sucks. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
MeatPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:32 PM   #8
DI_MeisterM
Experienced

I'm german aswell and I bought Sin Episodes 1 + SiN with my visa card over Steam. I had no problems and after purchasing all 3 games (SiN, SiN Multiplayer and Sin Episodes 1) appeared in the list. Note: I always run Steam with "English" language settings. Maybe at the time you bought it you had "German" selected as language? And SiN1 might not appear (with "german" language settings"), because it's censored in our lovely country [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
DI_MeisterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 03:08 PM   #9
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Apparently SiN 1 is blacklisted in Germany.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #10
hahnchen
Experienced

There's a similar thread on the Steampowered forums just for your information:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...hreadid=433704

I really hope the Germans don't miss out, because that, coupled with them falling out of the World Cup in the first round as hosts is really going to get them down.
hahnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:29 PM   #11
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Quote:
Originally posted by hahnchen:
I really hope the Germans don't miss out, because that, coupled with them falling out of the World Cup in the first round as hosts is really going to get them down.
Keep dreaming!
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 12:02 AM   #12
djdoe
Casual

I'm having the same problem except I can see the game listed in my steam client and I live in Canada
djdoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 01:38 AM   #13
Gatefreak2
Regular

* - except where prohibited by law.
this is www.sinepisodes.com/index.php?getsin here now and I don’t think it was before but I guess its an answer [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Gatefreak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:06 PM   #14
hahnchen
Experienced

DougV from Valve has said that SiN Steam is NOT available in Germany. Is it banned there? How come there are reports of people from other countries ending up with the German non-Sin version?
hahnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 08:22 AM   #15
DI_MeisterM
Experienced

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />
Originally posted by hahnchen:
DougV from Valve has said that SiN Steam is NOT available in Germany. Is it banned there? How come there are reports of people from other countries ending up with the German non-Sin version?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because some fools are using "German" language settings in Steam [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
DI_MeisterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #16
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

The best way to know if you have the german version of the game is it'll be listed on your reciept.

If you have SIN:EPISODES DE (notice the DE) then you have the non sin1 german version. If you believe this to be an error, contact steam suppport immediatly.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 07:12 PM   #17
H4d3s
Rookie

what i don't understand is: in germany you have to be 18 years old to have a credit card, so if you order sin episodes via steam, using a credit card confirms you are above 18 and so you are allowed to puchase the blacklisted sin1.

it just doesn't make sense to keep 18+ year old germans from even getting sin1, as they are allowed to buy it. blacklisting just prohibits advertisement and selling it in openly, it doesn't prohibit selling to adults.

btw. i am german too, i live in germany, but got sin1 with my preorder, so when was decided to not give sin1 to people who are allowed to get it?
H4d3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:05 PM   #18
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Well since it was a free edition and I think it's not included with retail it's not really a loss... Although since you should rightfully get it.... You could always look towards other means of acquiring it, some of which are not legal.

I don't see how this would be a problem since you already paid for something which it's ment to be included in.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #19
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax

I'm German, I live in Germany, but I have my Steam language set to English (because I prefer to play Steam games in English). When I preordered Emergence over Steam a few weeks ago, I received, loaded and played Sin 1 and Sin Multiplayer. I can still see the game in the list and launch it to this day even though I once tried using German Steam language to launch Sin in order to find out whether there was any localization. And it hasn't changed anything.

The latest newspost on Ritualistic says that Emergence is not to contain Sin 1 in Germany, but I assume this goes for the retail DVD version. A possible explanation would be that Sin 1 was indexed in 1999 after it was discovered that the (non-localized, censored) version could be restored to its original uncensored violence level. HOWEVER, in compliance with Germany's new youth-protection laws, Sin 1 would now be a legal game to sell to adults over 18, just like the uncensored Doom 3 and Max Payne 2 were. It's this part that makes me wonder why anybody would cut Sin 1 for German preorders.

And I'll say again, I have Sin 1 working on my German computer with English Steam. I also DEARLY hope that the newspost, saying that Emergence is being delayed for Germany, does not include any Steam versions of Emergence, English, German or whatever.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 09:56 AM   #20
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

I think it's because you purchased it before they took it off. I've heard many stories from people who can't get SIN 1 in Germany.
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 07:18 AM   #21
Bligh

Well I'm not sure when I exactly did the pre-load but I think it was pretty early after the message was out that pre-loading was possible. As I'm a German too I'd just like to add that I got SIN and SIN Multiplayer ... what is bothering me a bit is the expansion Wages of Sin ... hope I can get this one exactly the way I got SIN - by pre-loading Episode 2 as soon as possible [img]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Bligh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
motionblur

Quote:
Originally posted by MadMax: A possible explanation would be that Sin 1 was indexed in 1999 after it was discovered that the (non-localized, censored) version could be restored to its original uncensored violence level. HOWEVER, in compliance with Germany's new youth-protection laws, Sin 1 would now be a legal game to sell to adults over 18, just like the uncensored Doom 3 and Max Payne 2 were. It's this part that makes me wonder why anybody would cut Sin 1 for German preorders.
Unfortunately it's not like that.
Gamescan still be indexed (before they are given a final rating) and games that already *were* indexed still stay there. Or did you se any other indexed games pop up in stores again, lately?
I believe (not entirely sure, though) if Ritual woud get Sin re-rated and get an 18 Rating then it could not be indexed, anymore. But that would cost some money.

You're entirely right on the other thing, though. Everybody above the age of 18 is legally allowed to buy Sin in Germany. Censored or uncensored. And everybody in Germany with a credit card is most certainly above the age of 18, one would think (or am I wrong?).
motionblur is offline   Reply With Quote