DrWoo McM
Fanboy

Default How\'s pre-order sales going?

Lots of pre-orders I hope.

DrWoo McM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:14 AM   #2
Standoff
Veteran

Default Re: How\'s pre-order sales going?

I'm sure they're going well, though I'm curious also [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I never played SiN but I got this preorder pack because of it....really excited about this episodic content shiz [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Standoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
nutcrackr
Experienced

I'm going to make a guess based on the bandwidth increase at the time of SiN's release compared with the bandwidth usage of games like CS:S when patches are released, which are incredibly popular.

Based on my extensive calculations I have determined that at the very least ten (10) preorders have been made. I'm fairly confident this assumption is correct.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2006, 12:36 AM   #4
Standoff
Veteran

I am fairly confident that you're wack.
Old 04-12-2006, 12:48 AM   #5
DrWoo McM
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by nutcrackr:
I'm going to make a guess based on the bandwidth increase at the time of SiN's release compared with the bandwidth usage of games like CS:S when patches are released, which are incredibly popular.

Based on my extensive calculations I have determined that at the very least ten (10) preorders have been made. I'm fairly confident this assumption is correct.
I know for a fact at least 12 copies have sold. I'm able determine this based on the number of online players are on the servers. I've counted 7 Blades, and 4 other players not including myself.
Old 04-12-2006, 11:22 AM   #6
Standoff
Veteran

Well, after two days of downloading...I almost have my copy of SiN 1 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (93%)
Whee dialup
Old 04-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #7
H4d3s
Rookie

would be interesting to know, how many steam pre-orders have been made. i hope many people buy it on steam, as this gets most of the money directly to ritual and not to the retailers an *uah* EA. just as valve stated: though steam sales of hl2 were only a small percentage in number, they made the most money out of these few.

and 20 bucks for episodes and sin 1 is a fair deal.
H4d3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 12:19 AM   #8
ninken
Fanboy

I saw Levelord online playing some CTF a few days after it's release, and I asked that same question, he said it doing good. I think he will have enough money for another visit to Russian, for the Russian Women later this year! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] .

As you noticed one good sign was the SLOW speeds on Steam. Alot of people downloading it. My connection get 550kb and it was downloading at 25kb. Steam need to beef up if Ritual going to release more episodes. Plus be good ideal for HL Episodes.
ninken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2006, 01:31 AM   #9
guru7892
Experienced

Quote:
Originally posted by Standoff:
Well, after two days of downloading...I almost have my copy of SiN 1 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] (93%)
Whee dialup
OMFG!! LMFAO!!!

from what i've seen, i think that this game will sell reasonably well.

the second episode will be harry, since I've heard sin ep.1 was pretty tough, and sin was no walk in the park for me (I was crunched for time, so after several death via turrets on the first level, I decided to use god mode)

I plan on acually playing through the game... maybe the weekend after next.
guru7892 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

I preordered but I haven't been playing online. I was more interested in the single player campaign. So that makes 13 preorders total.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #11
DrWoo McM
Fanboy

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac:
I preordered but I haven't been playing online. I was more interested in the single player campaign. So that makes 13 preorders total.

-Maniac
Is your name Blade?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:00 PM   #12
Maniac
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Maniac

No, Maniac.

-Maniac
Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:36 AM   #13
nutcrackr
Experienced

Well it's at least 2 thousand [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
http://steampowered.com/Steam/Market...006/?l=english
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 03:03 PM   #14
motoko2030
Experienced

If that figure is the correct figure then Sin Episodes episode 1 is doing really well so far.
motoko2030 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:11 PM   #15
Riddled
Veteran

Veering slightly off-subject, some people in this world lack the impulsiveness to pre-order or buy without try. I myself have pre-ordered as I loved the original SiN, but what about these potential customers? It's been mentioned before but what are the current odds of a single-level demo being released a month or two after Episode 1's release?
Riddled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:15 AM   #16
MeatPuppet
Level Designer

I would rather they spend their time on multi-player levels and a SDK for the community. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Please please please, with sugar on top.
MeatPuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:11 AM   #17
levelord
Levelord

Quote:
Originally posted by MeatPuppet:
I would rather they spend their time on multi-player levels and a SDK for the community. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Please please please, with sugar on top.
No sugar, please! ...it chafes. Send the honey!
We are burning inside for multiplayer, so be please patient [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
levelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #18
Tero
Casual

Do you have any big plans to make it more interesting that any other multiplayer games out there? Half-Life 2 had gravity gun which makes it kind of special, and there's good variety of different weapons, too. Judging from the Intelligence part of sinepisodes.com the weapons aren't going to be anything too suprising or new, leaving me thinking that I might only be interested on the single player. I was just yesterday playing SiN 1 multiplayer and I was thinking how, sorry to say this, boring all the weapons were. Two rockets launchers, one or two light show guns, shotgun, the pistol (or magnum or what ever it's called) and the mines. The only interesting item was the kit thingie that turned you into a mutant. I also felt that you should have decreased the health of the players, it was kind of ridiclious to jump there and shoot thousands of rockets to the opponent and he felt nothing, it was frustrating, really.
Tero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 11:17 AM   #19
Xenogenetic
Addict

On the weapons part Tero, each episode is going to have new content which most likely means more weapons. Because they are planning on releasing multiplayer with Episode 2, Ritual will probably add some guns that are more multiplayeresque to the current set.
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 12:31 PM   #20
levelord
Levelord

Quote:
Originally posted by Riddled:
Veering slightly off-subject, some people in this world lack the impulsiveness to pre-order or buy without try. I myself have pre-ordered as I loved the original SiN, but what about these potential customers? It's been mentioned before but what are the current odds of a single-level demo being released a month or two after Episode 1's release?
There will be no demo levels and such, not even to the press. We believe the price for an episode will be worth the small risk, especially if you pre-order!
levelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 04:32 PM   #21
Grandpapa
Fanatic

Risk? It wasn't risk to preorder game like SIN!
Grandpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 05:31 PM   #22
Xenogenetic
Addict

It's a risk not to pre-order it.
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 08:11 PM   #23
Smoke39
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by levelord:
Quote:
Originally posted by Riddled:
There will be no demo levels and such, not even to the press. We believe the price for an episode will be worth the small risk, especially if you pre-order!
Yeah, the pre-order discount's cool. It's not like it's really that much, but it's nudged me over the edge a couple o'times now. It's also awesome that the original Sin was included, I really like having that big chunk of backstory. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Smoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 09:26 PM   #24
hot564231
Veteran

i like to buy it from retail, it just something about having it in a box and DVD/CD that makes me happy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

hot564231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #25
SanPedro
Casual

Quote:
Originally posted by hot564231:
i like to buy it from retail, it just something about having it in a box and DVD/CD that makes me happy [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I bought the first sin on CD, and then after not having it on my pc for a couple years I went to try to install, but my cd was no good anymore. So, there is no advantage in having to pay the money to get a cheap piece of plastic that could be ruined by any number of things.
SanPedro is offline   Reply With Quote