Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN Episodes > SiN Episodes: Emergence

Old 05-11-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
PrivateNewbie
Regular

Default I Just Finished Emergence... *Possible Spoilers*

Well I don't have the time to write an entire review... but I will just list out some basic Good's and Bad's...

-The Good-
-It's great to see the Source engine looking so fantastic, the game really looks nice.
-Just shooting is fun, the weapons are sweet, killing enemies is a blast, the gibbing effects are grand, and the great physics are extremely entertaining.
-Storyline is pretty good so far.
-I'm very happy to see a SiN sequel.
-The "Aim down the sight" feature, along with a handful of other little extra features is great.
-Scripted sequences are highly entertaining.
-A.I. is better than in HL2

-The Bad-
-Where's Blade's voice?! You hear him speak only a few times throughout the game! In SiN 1 it was a bit ridiculous how much he talked... but Emergence has way too little Blade narrative. It needs to be somewhere in between. I miss Blade calling Elexis a crazy b*tch and making fun of J.C. I was hoping for a bit of a change... something different from HL2, I wanted to hear Blade say all his semi-corny badass lines.
-I miss the hand to hand punching... not a big deal, but I still miss it.
-Where's the car chase?! I thought there was gonna be a huge chase scene! Instead you drive in the car for like five minutes, the movement within the car feature was barely used!
-The game was a bit hard... but it made for a good challenge... so really it's not that negative, just might make the game harder for less skilled players.

-Wish List For The Future Episodes-
-For it to come out tomorrow...
-An actual car chase! Please!
-A few new weapons. And when I say a few... I mean a lot! Forty minimum... (Just joshin' ya'... but seriously new weapons!)
-A jetpack sequence! That would be so tight, I haven't flown a jetback since Duke3D.
-Urban fighting would be grand, some battling in the streets of FreePort.

Anyway... overall I was very impressed, the game is really good! I will certainly replay it... and that doesn't happen often with me.... ahaha, good job guys, the game turned out great. I'm already stoked for the next episode.
PrivateNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 12:09 PM   #2
hahnchen
Experienced

Default Re: I Just Finished Emergence... *Possible Spoiler

No one else has seemed to mention it apart from you. But getting your hands on one of those jetpacks would own.
hahnchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #3
anton_es
Casual

yes !!!! jetpacks !!!!!

and i agree: blade should talk more.
but i think they will give you that in the next episodes.
right now blade fought through millions of bad guys and mutants
still under the influence of who-knows-what.
jessica is injected, too.....
great things will come (i hope)

and more car-action
and more witty dialogue

some soundclues during the game did not come up when i hit TAB,
so iron out the few bugs (sometimes stuck between walls/crates)

and maybe less sexist jokes/non-wobbly breasts
i really did not like the whole booth babes-idea and hiring nude models
to promote a game is a very low.
anton_es is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:01 PM   #4
H4d3s
Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by PrivateNewbie:
the gibbing effects are grand
ok, now you got my interest. there is gibbing in the game? great, why don't i get it? don't tell me "because you are german". i have the english version of sin:e (as stated on my receipt), english steam an an english operating system (not just the language set to english). and i even got sin1 on my accout, so don't tell me i got the blacklisted sin1 but a low violence version of sin:e?

nobody told me, that the us version would also default to "cut", if it is started from within germany. this is why i bought the us version via steam and no f***ing german retail! this really sucks. i just want, what i payed for (and what the receipt says i own!)
H4d3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 05:36 PM   #5
PrivateNewbie
Regular

Default Re: I Just Finished Emergence... *Possible Spoilers*

Oh sweet, you're from Germany eh? Good ol' Deutschland... well in that case, Wie gehts? lol, sorry I couldn't help it...

Right, back to the gibbing business... Headshots make the enemy's heads gib apart, and when you kill a chaingun guy they explode into several large chunks. Are you not seeing this? What happens when you kill an enemy with a chaingun?

Hook us up with some screenshots of a room after you have a shootout, I wanna see these non-gibbed dead enemies. Hmmm... that's very odd. Maybe it is because you live in Germany... I remember seeing FarCry in Germany and it was a less violent version.

But it seems to me that if you bought the U.S. version it should work normally... Better talk to one of the Ritual dudes.
PrivateNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 09:39 PM   #6
MadMax
Veteran

Send a message via MSN to MadMax
Default Re: I Just Finished Emergence... *Possible Spoilers*

I too am German, but I didn't get the "DE" version of Emergence, I got the US version with Sin 1 because my Steam was set to English at the time of purchase (great way to circumvent the German banning of Sin... not very intelligent to use Steam's language as a country check). And I can't remember any heads blowing apart from headshots. I do know that I saw (and heard) the gibs when killing a chaingunner with the scatter alt-fire, though! And there's plenty of blood as well... so, unless I'm mistaken, that should be the uncut version.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote