Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Other Stuff > Miscellaneous

Old 10-16-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
Michael_Russell
Roaming QA Ronin

Ritual Entertainment QotW: The Ritual Touch

(Don't take this one too seriously. Just have fun with it.)

NPD released their list of the top 20 selling PC games from September 2006 today. There isn't a single first-person shooter in the list. We've got "The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff Expansion Pack," "World of Warcraft," "Company of Heroes," "The Sims 2," "Paws & Claws Pet Vet," "Civilization IV," "Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy," "Cars Radiator Springs Adventures," "Seaworld Adventure Parks Tycoon 2," "The Sims 2 Open For Business Expansion Pack," "The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack," "Sim City 4 Deluxe," "Age of Empires III," "The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Expansion Pack," "Star Wars: Empire At War," "Warcraft III Battle Chest," "Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Gold," "Civilization IV: Warlord Expansion Pack," "Zoo Tycoon: Complete Collection" and "Guild Wars: Factions" in the illustrious top 20.

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to pick one of the games listed above and describe what it would have turned out like if Ritual had developed it.

You can be as in-depth as you like. Feel free to include screenshots, lengthy text diatribes, etc.

This post will self-destr*BOOM*

--------------------
Michael Russell
Coder who tests; Tester who codes
http://www.romsteady.net/
Michael_Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #2
Stylsy
I'm on offense!

Send a message via MSN to Stylsy Send a message via Skype™ to Stylsy
Default Re: QotW: The Ritual Touch

Company of Heroes - Mortar teams that actually f---ing fire when told to, instead of deploying over and over and f---ing over again.

SIGH

--------------------
Stylsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:06 PM   #3
Xenogenetic
Addict

"The Sims 2 Glamour Life Stuff Expansion Pack,"
"The Sims 2,"
"The Sims 2 Open For Business Expansion Pack,"
"The Sims 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack,"
"Sim City 4 Deluxe,"
"The Sims 2 Family Fun Stuff Expansion Pack,"
Someones making money.
(hint hint)
"Sin 2 Glamour Life Stuff Expansion Pack,"
"Sin 2,"
"Sin 2 Open For Business Expansion Pack,"
"Sin 2 Nightlife Expansion Pack,"
"Sin 2 Deluxe,"
"Sin 2 Family Fun Stuff Expansion Pack,"

--------------------
Xenogenetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
CommanderZx2
Fanboy

Well the only one out of that list that I have and have actually played is Guild Wars: Factions. Oh yes I did try the demo of Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy.

Firstly I'd imagine that all the female characters in the games would increase in chest size. This is something I have noticed is typical of ritual games and does add a humourous over the top side to things.

Also I think some form of gore would be added to Guild Wars: Factions, instead of just floating effects maybe some real blood drops on the floor.

In general I guess the games would be more over the top. It's hard to comment on the story for GW: Factions or the lego game, because I didn't finish either.

When I think of ritual games, I generally think of a game and then making it more explosive, explicit, more adult oriented in general. Who else would take a shotgun and put a sight on it and give a pistol the ability to be a railgun
CommanderZx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 05:10 AM   #5
Shoelip
Experienced

The Sims 2.... no way not going to touch it. Civ 4.... er, well at least that game has combat, but uh... I don't know. Actually, the only way I can picture a game developed by Ritual is as an FPS. So, Star Wars: Empire at War, It would be vaguely similar to that other FPS Republic Commando. You play as a bad ass mercenary team leader with all sorts of Star Wars weapons, basicly anything but a Lightsaber. Your team is hired by the Rebel Alliance to go all sorts of missions that lead to some greater plot that I can't think of. What kind of levels.... something aboard a Star Destroyer of course. And you'd have to visit some iconic planets as well. Eh, I'm not all that creative.

Seaworld Adventure Parks Tycoon 2: You play a bad ass dolphin trainer with all sorts of dead fish. The game would mostly involve swimming and teaching the dolphins to do tricks/fight crime. Oh, yeah, and you're a bad ass martial artist dolphin trainer! So you can use dolphin style kung fu to like, have the dolphins launch you on their noses and stuff. And fight crime....

Last edited by Shoelip : 10-17-2006 at 05:15 AM.
Shoelip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 10:24 AM   #6
Apprentice
Veteran

Any sequel title mentioned above. I'm actually glad Ritual didn't develop them given my experience with Elite Force II ...

--------------------
Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #7
PizzasRgooD
Regular

I bet the sims would at least get a domestic disturbance expansion. And a plastic churgery expansion.
PizzasRgooD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:50 PM   #8
ninken
Fanboy

What wrong with this world, No FPS! If I had to Pick one it would be Guildwars, If it had a Ritual Touch, it would have more an urban style to it, and the creatures on the outside world would mate & mutate, making an endless style of new creatures! Plus what CommanderZx2 said.

--------------------
-ninken
http://www.ninken.com
ninken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:46 AM   #9
ertertwert
Fanboy

Send a message via AIM to ertertwert

"Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Gold" - The twist is that instead of building your own theme park, you are a spy on a mission to sabotage a competitor's.

--------------------
ertertwert is offline   Reply With Quote