Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Editing Forum

Old 07-30-2003, 07:37 PM   #1
Frontier
Casual

Default New Found Patience/Understanding for Ritual

Is anyone else really truly concerned for Ritual, and thus finding themselves suddenly more patient for the tools??

Read this before you answer...

With Activision having pulled out of thier contract, they've left Ritual up shit's creek without a padle. The problems gamers have with Multi, and then the bugs with Linux, plus the lack of editting tools, are all causing the game to die before it had a chance to get a true following. And who is going to take the blame for the problems and lack of patches? Ritual, not Activision, as Ritual developed the game. In truth though, it seems Ritual has been just as screwed as we, the players, have been. They have no one footing the bills, and most likely legal problems with releasing any patches or tools for EF2 courtesy of Activision and Viacom's little spat. I think *that* is the true reason the tools and patches have not come out -- Ritual is being just as [censored] over as we all are -- all by Activision. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

I mean, think about it; Ritual is a business and they can't devote a full staff to the Dev. tools when no one is footing the bill for it anymore. That hurts them more than Activision because it's seen by all of us as some combination of being lazy or un-supportive. In truth I'm betting the only reason any work is being done on the tools is that some of the Ritual folks are spending thier lunch hours filling in the gaps left when Activision pulled out.

So, I for one have found new patience for waiting for the tools -- and I hope everyone else will as well. Ritual is a good company that put together a solid game. The delays and troubles we have now are because of ACTIVISION alone, and it's not fair to take our frustrations out on Ritual.

Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 08:54 PM   #2
ell
Regular

Default Re: New Found Patience/Understanding for Ritual

*changes mind*

Okay, I've made a decision to do something new!

/me shakes fist at ACTIVISION!
ell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 09:54 PM   #3
Frontier
Casual

*Chuckles* Good!

Come on, everyone! *FLIPS ACTIVISION THE BIRD AND HUGS RITUAL* It's Activisions fault!

I can't say who or what was said, but a PM I recieved (one of a few) indicates that my theories are most likely correct... indicates, mind you. That's no confirmation, it's just an assumption that my theories stated above are correct...
Old 07-30-2003, 11:09 PM   #4
U.S.S. Speed
Fanboy

It's up to activision to support the game with patch and tools. But Ritual is paied to made them. There is always a budget for such thing.
U.S.S. Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 11:19 PM   #5
Khan

How do you figure that Activision is handing over cash for this? Doesnt really look that way to me with Ritual being so quiet about this stuff.
Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 05:25 AM   #6
Legs
Veteran

i think one thing is being overlooked,
Ravensoft said no to EF2 because of other projects,
ritual have something far more to think about.
i.e CS condition Zero,i think you will find things will speed up
when this is sorted,again i may be grabbing at straws,
its just a set of actions that has caused backup [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
laxatives all round i say!!! [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Legs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:22 AM   #7
Enterprise

I've changed my mind, i can wait but in the mean time, let's all head over to Activision Boards and make their lives hell...
Enterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 06:50 AM   #8
Legs
Veteran

hmmm..well now its kick the **** out of activision do you remeber last year when master server was down for almost 9 days!,GRRRR i aint forgotten about that either [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
im going to send lady sarah round there and beat them up a bit with a wet haddock
Old 07-31-2003, 09:16 AM   #9
EasyG
Experienced

pc zone have reveiwed cs zero. which means its close to being shipped. unless of course they decide to pull the plug and wait a\nother YEAR to release it.

anyway i just have to say that they thought the ritual part was pants but the valve bit was mint. so i think its gonna be crunch time for ritual.

which game do they support more?

cs:zero or ef2?
EasyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 10:16 AM   #10
TonyDOC
Veteran

TonyDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 11:31 AM   #11
Final_Frontier
Fanboy

I have NOT changed my mind about this issue. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

I still blieve that Activision is the villain here. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Although they release good games and will probably continue doing so, I have learned at least two things about them. One: They do not support their games very well and two: they are one of the most money-thirsty publishers/producers on the market.
Final_Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 12:00 PM   #12
Legs
Veteran

it kinda makes you wonder who leads the marketing side,
its that old saying once bitten twice shy,if they keep kicking MP in the nuts,they soon get a bad name.
im looking at this as a sign how much trouble the trek franchise is in,this isnt arse kissing ritual both players and ritual themselves are in same boat
both been let down by poor judgements and communication.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:09 PM   #13
MadOnion
Fanatic

Just remember that Ritual Entertainment would no longer be in business without Activision.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 02:43 PM   #14
JBP
Veteran

one has to assume they have something to do after condition zero is released then [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:49 PM   #15
FliX
Fanboy

Quote:
one has to assume they have something to do after condition zero is released then [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
SIN 2 [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] YAY
FliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2003, 08:50 PM   #16
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Heheh.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 05:23 PM   #17
EasyG
Experienced

no offence but i'd rather u fixed this game first instead of buying another ritual game thus screwing me out of 35 pounds for ef2 when it won't get supported anymore. when i only bought it for mp.
Old 08-01-2003, 06:46 PM   #18
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Kindly read this post.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 08:25 PM   #19
Alpharaptor
Experienced

Quote:
Kindly read this post.
Yes, but please tell us EXACTLY whats going on and why we dont have the tools yet. Thankyou
Alpharaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2003, 10:11 PM   #20
EasyG
Experienced

yeah man . some info would be nice u no . by not giving us anything at all ur onyl angering all the ppl even more.

a weekly update would b nice. unless u have something in your contract where u can't tell specifics about the tools then pls do this.

if u said this no one would pester u any more as well.
and with u guys keep blaming activsion or whatever it just sounds to me like your fobbing us off trying to buy more time.

personally i thought that patches were started at least a month before the game is released. hell every1 else does it why didn't u .

example. enter the matrix - a patch was released the day the game came out immediatley fixing stuff that was wrong. thats what annoys me about pc games. companys think they can just release a half done product then make up for it with patches.

battlefield any1?

yeah u guys are working a patch, but for it to take this long its got to be some bloody good patch. if it only changes a few things man are u gonna be feeling the force of the online community.

don't take nay of this as an attack or disrespect, as am studying for a degree myself in games design. what am saying is purely what alot of ppl are thinking.

can u clear 2 things up for me pls

1- did u fire your staff or not? loads of ppl saying they never got fired so if u have almost a full team of satff what are u ppl doing during working hours?

2- how much does the patch fix?
like i said before it must be some patch to take this long, some of the ppl on these baords given the source could do it in a matter of days and thats just one person. not several weeks which its at now.
Old 08-03-2003, 02:30 AM   #21
Frontier
Casual

Information would be nice, true. But can you all understand Ritual most likely can not provide said information because of LEGAL issues? Legal stuff is a big mess. With Activision's law-suit, anyone contracted by ritual is prolly involved by ascociation and it's all a big ball of bad stuff. Badman himself -- who DOESN'T WORK FOR RITUAL, just knows them and owns this fansite -- had to sign CONFIDENTIALITY AGREEMENTS before he could see and play the early stuff and such. So that should tell you something. Imagine what strain of legal gagging the ritual staff must be under! Hearing "they're coming" about the tools is prolly more than should have been said. LOL.

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

PATIENCE, PEOPLE! PATIENCE!

Old 08-03-2003, 02:10 PM   #22
FliX
Fanboy

Quote:
no offence but i'd rather u fixed this game first instead of buying another ritual game thus screwing me out of 35 pounds for ef2 when it won't get supported anymore. when i only bought it for mp.
yea dont let me read about a new ritual game before i hold the tools in my hand or im running against a brick wall...
FliX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 05:40 PM   #23
TonyDOC
Veteran

[img]/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
tool in your hand!
TonyDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 07:20 PM   #24
FliX
Fanboy