Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Black Hawk Down: Team Sabre

Old 09-15-2003, 08:32 PM   #1
Bear

Default The Good/The Bad Thread

Here we can write what sucked about BHD, and what was good about BHD. And hopefully ritualistic can learn it also, and maybe fine tune BHD TS, to be a evan better game the BHD

My thoughts

BAD STUFF :
*Auto aim for snipers. To easy, to quake like, no skill.
*Auto aim for genade lunchers. To easy, to quake like, no skill.
*no difference in accuracy when running, and not running. To easy, to quake like, un-real.
*blan and boring maps, nothing to hide in. The grass is only visable to a certain range. Not enough trees.
*Not enough stuff to promote teamwork and squad fighting. Everyone is running around by themselves.
*In Single player missions, all you do is shoot and kill. You dont develope your own tatics. Better missions, like set up a ambush, or let you decide the way to take down a enemy base. Not so Linear missions. Give the objectives, and let the player decide how to complete those objectives

*Also, if there are going to be veichals. How is it going to be balenced out with out changeing the arcade like gameplay. It will be way to easy to take out the veichals, with the super accuracy you have, evan when you run. Not to mention the auto aiming snipers and genades. And the LAW that you have is way to easy to shoot. Veichals would stand no chance and being in one is asking to die. Hopefully things may get a bit more realistic, so veichals can have a chance.

*no reloading animation, or swicthing weopon animations. Or healing animation.

*dumb AI

*No Command map. (Look at DF2, DFLW, they both had a command map, where you could set what you were doing. So your teammates could see what you were doing.)

*No real ballistic code. To arcade

*not enough varity of weopons. And whats with the scopes, and the iron sights. There Fake. Plus you can run with them up.

Good stuff
*Nice graphics
*I enjoyed the sp
*multi player was fine.

The game was fun, evan though there was alot of dissappointments. I'm relying on you ritualistic guys to make it a better game. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 01:31 AM   #2
escapedturkey
Regular

Default Re: The Good/The Bad Thread

There is no auto-aim in Quake.
escapedturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:42 AM   #3
Korrupt
Veteran

Quote:
I'm relying on you ritualistic guys to make it a better game. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
I wouldn't worry your pretty little head. One thing Ritual is good at is polishing turds. EF2 and CS:CZ are good examples of their talent and skillz. Point is, whatever crappy contracts and addon-packs that come their way, they will improve and release outstanding products. I just wish they'd stop doing MPs and get to work on SiN 2. Sorry, got sidetracked there... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Korrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:15 AM   #4
Dual

Quote:
There is no auto-aim in Quake.
I think what he means is that the weapons automatically adjust themselves for height.
Eg. The grenadelauncher automatically adjusts the height of the arc of the nade depending on where you point [img]/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 07:49 AM   #5
JezzyBall
Community Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JezzyBall

Quote:
...I just wish they'd stop doing MPs and get to work on SiN 2. Sorry, got sidetracked there... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Fukin-A Dood. Fukin A.
JezzyBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 08:44 AM   #6
Morbus

If you read the BHD manual, you already have the option of turning auto aim off, thus enabling you to have to dial in the distance manually to compensate for bullet drop.(real ballistic code)
As far as maps being boring and not enough trees, the game does come with a map editor where you can add more trees.
Morbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 02:42 PM   #7
Dual

Theres also the option to paint a big bullseye on your back .. but that wouldn be fair [img]/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

It aint fair till its a server side option [img]/forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Dual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 03:21 PM   #8
Final_Frontier
Fanboy

I wouldn't rely to much on Ritualistic making those changes for you. You see, the development company is called Ritual Entertainment (Ritual) and this official fansite is called Ritualistic.

There. I said what had to be said. [img]/forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Final_Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote