Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Tech Help

Old 05-12-2003, 10:35 PM   #26
Haz_Mat
Experienced

Default Re: Help please,demo wont run-memory error?

Ok every version of Windows will, on occaision, have "memory issues". I've worked and troubleshooted every version of Windows (with the exception of 2k Adv Server and XP 64-bit ed.).

I don't know if someone else implied it but I certainly didn't mean to suggest flashing your BIOS.

On some motherboards, the BIOS has a default setting of shadowing the video bios as well as other default settings that can cause "memory errors".

From my personal experience, I can't recall the number of times I've seen "identical" systems where one has a problem and the other one doesn't. Comparing similar system specs is a starting point to finding a resolution but there are always differences so it isn't a constant.

Something else to consider... have you tried removing one of the memory sticks to see if you possibly have a bad one? Yes, it is possible to have "bad" RAM but it will only show under certain circumstances.
Haz_Mat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 07:49 PM   #27
kn1ghtone

Default Resolution ?

Well just wanted to pass this along. I just shutoff Hyperthreading in my BIOS, and I played the demo through flawlessless twice. I have the sound enabled to EAX2, resolution up to 1280x1024, 32bit color, texture quatily high, texture filter at trilinear, OpenGL extenions on and Anistropic filtering on and things were fine. I noticed one other person posting had a 3.06ghz, possible same issue?

Good Luck all

cheers**
kn1ghtone
kn1ghtone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #28
Absu

Default Re: Help please,demo wont run-memory error?

Problem solved !!!
Game runs without any problems.

I updated the BIOS and set +r_precompressed_textures 0 in the shortcut's target.
I just noticed that before I didn't set it to +r_precompressed_textures 0

The game is slow because of my shitty chipset but the sound was flawless.
All I need now is a new video card!
Absu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2003, 03:22 AM   #29
alfredog1976

Default Re: Resolution ?

Thanks kn1ghtone. Disabling Hyperthreading in the BIOS did the trick. I played through the demo (finally) without any problems. I just hope the problem is fixed programmatically before the game is released or a description of this problem/solution is included in the Readme so others won't have to go through this headache.
alfredog1976 is offline   Reply With Quote