Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II

Old 05-06-2002, 04:22 PM   #1
The MiMiC
Veteran

Default Re: ST SiN skins

I used to have darn near every SiN skin ever released, all the way from the SiN SKiN BiN, to SiNpost, to Ritualistic, hundreds of them. I think I might have them, not sure, I've been through two hard drive formats since I got them, I think. I'll look on some archive burned CD's, and let you know.
The MiMiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 07:19 PM   #2
The MiMiC
Veteran

Ok, I do have the star trek SiN skins, thing is, they're the DM skins. Skin, damage skin, and icons for Blade, Elexis, and JC.
Did the ctf skins have star trek and borg? I can't remember.
I also have the beta versions of ctf, wos ctf betas, darn near every patch released.
Also have the infamous "love gun" skin, the chrome rocket launcher skin, the uberhud, the uber weapons skins (black dual magnums, etc.) and, I think, the sound packs. Got a few PPM's, a few groups of clan skins, whatnot. I'll put up the Star Trek skins for download, if you want, just give a holler. And if there are any others you want, let me know.
Old 05-06-2002, 07:29 PM   #3
warrior
Fanboy

I'm interested in the skins.

My ICQ is at the bottom of the page, or I can ftp'm down or something.

Thanks
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 07:45 PM   #4
The MiMiC
Veteran

Had another thought, some ctf skins running around, weren't they for a contest for skins to be released with WoS CTF?
I saw a few way back when, I don't know if they were ever released. I don't know if the star trek ctf ones were those or not, but just was a thought.

Anyways, here's a link for the Star Trek skins for SiN, federation uniforms, for Blade, Elexis, and JC.

Link Removed.

The dang thing keeps corrupting upon upload. Can anyone suggest a good FTP program, preferably free, for me to try again with? Thx.

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: The MiMiC ]
Old 05-06-2002, 08:12 PM   #5
warrior
Fanboy

I've been using the evaluation version of LeapFTP

LeapWare

Good for about 30 days anyway! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
sparK
Fanatic

thx MiMiC, if you want to just email them, it's: spark76@hotmail.com

i'l try and post them on the web also [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .
sparK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 09:32 PM   #7
The MiMiC
Veteran

OK, I need a little help here. I'm able to upload and download graphic files to my server, no problems.
I can upload the startrek skins, no problem.
I download them, no problem.
I unzip them, problem.
A CRC error, some of the skins won't unzip, end up missing around half because of the error.
I've rezipped the file, checked the skins, unzipped again to see if it's ok, no problems.
It's just that when I try to unzip the downloaded file, it just gives a CRC error
EVERY
SINGLE
TIME!!!!!

I did get an FTP program, works nicely I think, and it didn't help any. The file is a .zip file, perfect condidion, but somehow corrupts each time I download it. I've download with and without an ftp program, same results.
Any suggestions?
Old 05-06-2002, 10:24 PM   #8
warrior
Fanboy

Well I don't know if this helps, but this is from the Winzip help file

"What to do if a CRC Error Occurs
The best solution to the problem of a damaged Zip file is to try to obtain another copy of the file. For example, use your backup copy of the file or get a new copy from the original source. If you obtained the Zip file by downloading it, then downloading it again will almost always solve the problem.
CRC Errors on Removable disks
If the damaged Zip file is on a removable disk, the removable disk may be physically damaged, or the data on it may have been corrupted. In these cases, the only completely reliable solution is to use another copy of the disk or Zip file that is undamaged. There are, however, two other situations in which it may be possible to recover some files from a removable disk.

· The removable disk drive that you are using to unzip the Zip file may be malfunctioning. Try using a different disk drive, if possible.
· If the removable disk drive you are using to unzip the Zip file is not the same drive that was used to store the Zip file on the removable disk, and you have access to the original drive, try using this drive to unzip. It is possible that the original drive may be able to read the disk; if so, you can extract your files using this disk drive (and have your removable disk drives checked out--at least one of them may be out of alignment). Otherwise, the removable disk itself or the data on it is probably damaged.

A “Last Resort” for CRC Errors

If you cannot download a new copy of the Zip file, obtain a replacement disk, or use a backup copy, you may still be able to recover some of your files, and even save portions of the files that are damaged in the Zip file. Here is the recommended procedure.

1. Start WinZip, switch to the Classic interface, and open the damaged Zip file.
2. Select Extract from WinZip's Actions menu, or click the Extract button on the WinZip toolbar.
3. In the Extract dialog, check the All Files option button and select the folder into which you want to extract files. Then click OK.
4. WinZip will extract any undamaged files to the selected folder; for any damaged files, WinZip will display a CRC Error message. For each such file, before clicking OK in the error message window
, use Windows Explorer to open the extract folder and look for the file; some portion of it will probably already have been extracted. Copy the partial file to another folder and then click OK in the WinZip error message window. This will erase the partially extracted file from the extract folder, leaving intact the copy of the file you made in the other folder.

Whether or not a damaged file partially recovered using this procedure will be useful depends on the nature of the file, what kind of damage there is, how much of the file was recovered successfully, and what kind of program(s) use the file. In some cases, a partial file is of no use at all; in some cases, loading a partial file into your application program and re-saving it will completely restore the data. In other (perhaps most) cases, the result will lie somewhere between these two extremes--some of the data will be recovered, and some will be lost.

Copyright © 1991-2001 by WinZip Computing, Inc. All rights reserved.

It's VERY wordy, but I don't know what else to say! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Hope this helps!
Old 05-06-2002, 10:28 PM   #9
The MiMiC
Veteran

The original file unzips fine, all files whole and accounted for. I don't know where the screw up is occuring, either when I upload or when I download. The file is corrupt every time I download and try to unzip. I'm not sure, maybe I'm not uploading it right.
Since I don't currently use ICQ, I e-mailed the file to spark. Hopefully he can get it on the net for download. I'll keep trying though.

Edit:

Ok, I've uploaded the .tga files into a folder on the server. You'll have to download each seperately, and the readme, which tells you where to put them, but they aren't corrupt at least.

folder of Star Trek skins for SiN

[ May 06, 2002: Message edited by: The MiMiC ]
Old 05-06-2002, 10:38 PM   #10
warrior
Fanboy

How big is the file?

I appreciate you trying. If you want you can e-mail me at moderation00@yahoo.com and I'll give you a better e-mail address with a higher meg limit. If not I'll wait on Spark!

Again, thanks for trying, we'll get it figured out. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-06-2002, 11:09 PM   #11
The MiMiC
Veteran

Well, the file's all of 129KB. I'll e-mail it to you, just let me know if it's corrupted or not when you get it.
Old 05-06-2002, 11:26 PM   #12
warrior
Fanboy

I got them. They unzipped fine. if I run into any problems I'll let you know.

Thanks again
Old 05-06-2002, 11:28 PM   #13
sparK
Fanatic

got it, and they work fine here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] .

click here- startrek.zip for the skinpack

this was in the skin setup screen
Old 05-07-2002, 12:09 AM   #14
sparK
Fanatic

Default ST SiN skins

thought i still had that ctf skinpack with the uniforms. it was on Sinpost awhile ago, can't find it now...
Old 05-07-2002, 12:16 AM   #15
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sparK:
thought i still had that ctf skinpack with the uniforms. it was on Sinpost awhile ago, can't find it now...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Doesn't seem to be in Ritualistic's elaborate *cough* file section. I guess unless someone else happens to have it, it'll be hard to get ahold of it.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 08:44 AM   #16
warrior
Fanboy

Ok, noob question.

How do you take screen shots in setup and in game in SiN? I see you did it here for the Star Trek Screen
Old 05-07-2002, 11:36 AM   #17
sparK
Fanatic

screen capture utility

[ May 07, 2002: Message edited by: sparK ]
Old 05-07-2002, 11:44 AM   #18
warrior
Fanboy