Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Tech Help

Old 06-25-2003, 06:06 AM   #1
plip
Rookie

Default EF2 doesn\'t start anymore

Hi,

yesterday I installed EF2 and everything was going fine till the game crashed when I was going through the tutorial. Afterwards it didn't want to start anymore. So I uninstalled and installed again but still it doesn't want to start. The console comes up when starting and just before the paramount movie starts the screen goes grey and starts flickering. Also starting the game in safe mode doesn't change anything so basically I'm stuck.

I have a P4 1.7 Ghz, a radeon 9800pro and Windows Me. I have the latest catalyst drivers (3.5) so that cannot be the problem. I also have directx 9.0a installed but strangely enough during installation of EF2 he advises to install directx 9.0.

But I don't think that's the problem since the game was running well for half an hour or so.

Any ideas?

Thanks already

plip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 09:45 AM   #2
Assim
Fanatic

Default Re: EF2 doesn\'t start anymore

Have you installed the latest drivers for your graphics card? Go to the manufacturer's website and get them [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Assim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 10:07 AM   #3
plip
Rookie

thanks for your answer but like I said in my first post I have the latest one (cat 3.5)
plip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 12:43 PM   #4
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman

Try deleting your config file from the base directory.
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2003, 02:58 PM   #5
DIJOANNE
Rookie

Hi there, just got EF2 and installed it and it does the same thing as yours. Goes to a grey screen and flashes. Got the new drivers, have a 1.6 GHZ, 512 RAM, Nvida GF2. PLayed the demo just fine and now this. Anyone have this same problem and got it to work yet??? JUst bought the CD today at Babbages and would like to play.
DIJOANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2003, 07:48 AM   #6
Mango
Veteran

Are you able to do anything when the flashing appears? or do you have to do an Alt-Ctrl-Del
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote