Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > SiN, SiN Steam & Wages of Sin

Old 07-01-1999, 01:18 AM   #1
RiEvEr
Experienced

Default RA maps

We're gonna need some 1 on 1 RA style maps soon guys. Anyone up for it. Anyone worked with RA before?

------------------
RiEvEr..
ICQ 25649000
A bad feathermucker.. or something like that
RiEvEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-1999, 01:49 AM   #2
Bass2496
Fanatic

Default Re: RA maps

I'm up for it, in fact, I'm working on one that can be eaily ported over. Riever, are the maps gonna have more than one arena in each one (a la RA2.) Or is it gonna be one arena per map?

------------------
that's bass as in the instrument, not the fish

Bass2496(BaS)
Email: bass2496@home.com
Bass2496 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-1999, 02:47 AM   #3
RiEvEr
Experienced

I thought we'd better start with one arena per map just to get it working, then once someone can tell me how to identify the different start points, we can try multiple arenas like in Q2.

I can put a switch in the program that will make it run one map type or the other later. We could always design them as multi-arena from the start and only use 1 to begin with, then add code later to use them all.

I'll have to look into how you detect how many arenas a map has from inside the dll! If anyone knows the answer, pass it on

------------------
RiEvEr..
ICQ 25649000
Old 07-01-1999, 04:26 AM   #4
claudec
Fanatic

I would be willing to do some RA maps.
Only problem is for some reason (I dont even remember all the details now its been so long) RA in quake II never worked for me. So I haven't played RA yet. I understand the basic concept. I may need some help along the way though. I would need the answers to a few questions like is there health and armor in the arena area or is to be only in the waiting area? and a few other questions.

Also I think "Nukesville II - Volcanic Action" might make a good RA map. There are 2 starting rooms each with 3 player spawn points. Players start in these rooms and teleoprt into the main area.
The starting rooms contain the Nukes, nuke ammo and health. The DYD teleport has 5 cameras so players can cycle their view of the action through 5 different vantage points. Unfortunatly there is only 1 DYD teleport in each starting area. However if we decide this level is not sutable as is for RA then when I modify it for RA I can add more camera view screens so more players can view the action. I might also want to change the camera vantage points as they were not intended to be good vantage points for viewing action. They were located so as to show the view from the teleport destination that the DYD teleport is set to teleport to.

I also think "Nukesville I - Arena" might be a good canadate for conversion into RA map. I could add a seperate starting area and allow players to view action via a series of cameras.

I must point out however that I have never tried having a bunch of players looking and cycling through diffent camera views all at the same time in a level. Nor have I ever seen it done. I can't be sure of how it will impact game engine. I think it will work just fine but I could be wrong.

claudec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-1999, 07:33 AM   #5
Outsider
Experienced

Hey riever,
wont it be better if you can choose: or 1vs1 or 2vs2.
i heard form a lot people that they like 2v2 ra.

And a little requist, vote
and then i mean that people can vote for another map, because i (as server admin) are always called if they want another map.

Hope you will put it in soon (if you got the time)
Outsider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-1999, 02:52 PM   #6
RiEvEr
Experienced

Drop over to the new SiNMod forum and give me your wishlist

I'd like to try to implement full RA2 for SiN, inclusing the menu and voting system, but it will take some working out.

Shadow wants to add the 2v2 stuff so we'll see how it goes once the 1v1 is released. I've nearly finished it, I'm testing with the bots and just have a glitch in the queue system to sort out before it's done.

------------------
RiEvEr..
ICQ 25649000