Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Tech Help

Old 06-23-2003, 02:41 PM   #1
Deslizer
Experienced

Default Bug: Config\'s with special characters

Hm, i already recognized this bug in the singplayer-demo, maybe i would be better when i had said something about this.

I think it wasn't the best idea by Ritual to let EF2 save the Config-File with the same name like your loginname at you OS or whatever.
I have the problem (a "" in the config's name), an other guy mentioned this problem in an other forum () and i think there is also someone at the messaging boards of gaming.startrek.com who has this problem ().

Well, Elite Force II seems to be not able to load such configs and starts every time with standard settings (well i changed a lot at keyboard controls or at graphics).
I think you can imagine that this ... hmm ... sucks.

I hope this Bug would be eliminated someday.

P.S.: When someone else has this problem, a sulotion is to rename the config-file (into a name without special characters like "config.cfg"). After starting EF2 you have to bring down the console and type "exec config.cfg" and after that "vid_restart" (if you changed the graphic-settings)

P.P.S.: I'm going to make a new user-profile at WinXP ... this is the only thing that works. Renameing the existing user-profile doesn't work. This would be some work ...
Deslizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 05:53 PM   #2
IceSlim
Regular

Default Re: Bug: Config\'s with special characters

or put your config in the game directory, in Base\Global and rename it autoexec.cfg

It will auto load now
IceSlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #3
Deslizer
Experienced

Default Re: Bug: Config\'s with special characters

thx, this works (i didn't know yet, that there is this "global" directory, where i can put my autoexec.cfg in)

but its still a bug.
everytime i change my settings or collect more golden ships i'll have to overwrite the autoexec
Deslizer is offline   Reply With Quote