Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Tech Help

Old 07-09-2003, 08:13 AM   #1
simonc30
Rookie

Default Uninstalling the game

I decided to uninstall the game for some weird reason, not even I can remember why now. But now, whenever I put the CD in and the autoplay screen comes up it doesn't give me the option to install again, i just get play which doesn't do anything when I press it and uninstall which again, doesn't do anything when I press it. I tried going to install it through My Computer and going to the actual Install file on the CD but it keeps throwing back at me that a previous installation of Elite Force II was found and I cant install until I uninstall. Still with me? I had a look in my Program Files and I can't find any more files to do with Elite Force II on there that haven't already been deleted. So I now can't play the game-do people have any idea whether this is the game or my computer thats playing up?
simonc30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 12:24 PM   #2
badman
Sheep Inspector

Send a message via ICQ to badman Send a message via AIM to badman Send a message via MSN to badman
Default Re: Uninstalling the game

Did you uninstall it using the uninstall option in the Start Menu / CD autostart menu / add/remove programs screen or did you manually delete the game directory?
badman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 05:20 PM   #3
MadOnion
Fanatic

Did you delete the whole EF2 directory? The default path is \Program Files\Activision\EF2.
MadOnion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2004, 04:04 PM   #4
Diceman

<font color="red"> Ok I had the same problem.
I simply went to the start menu then run and then typed regedit anf searched for activision and found the map. after that I marked the Elit Force 2 directory inside the activision directory and deleted it.

now I can install the game again......... </font>
Diceman is offline   Reply With Quote