Ritualistic Forums

Go Back   Ritualistic Forums > Ritual Entertainment Games > Star Trek Elite Force II > EF2 Tech Help

Old 11-22-2003, 12:47 PM   #1
FFLO
Experienced

Default This really sucks...........

So i decided to up the resolution on EF2 from my usual 640 x 480 since I have a video card that can handle well over that. When I changed to 1280 x 1024 everything looked super crisp....couldn't ask for a better picture. Unfortunatly I need to run servers by myself alot of times to test my skins........So I make great use of the "cg_3rd_person 1" console command, which lets me see my skin from a third person perspective.....now what bothers me is, before I changed the resolution, my character used to be centered in the screen when I used third person, now he is set off to the lower right. I have restored all the settings back to normal, but he says this way? Any ideas?
FFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:27 PM   #2
7o'nine
Fanboy

Default Re: This really sucks...........

These are the cvars that control the camera, enter them in and see what the default value is in the console:

cg_cameraheight
cg_camerahorizontaloffset
cg_cameradist

There are more camera controls which you can find out by typing
cg_camera
and then press TAB, NOT Enter.. pressing TAB will show you all the cvars/cmds that start with cg_camera

So check all of those are in their default values [img]/forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

7o'nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2003, 01:49 PM   #3
FFLO
Experienced

Thanks 7....do you have a reference for me of what it is supposed to be at to be centered?
Old 11-22-2003, 01:56 PM   #4
FFLO
Experienced

Nevermind....I ran those commands and it showed me what the defaults we supposed to be....man...I dunno what happened but they were way offset...."default 110" I had it set for 225.....Thanks 7.....job well done....
Old 11-22-2003, 02:11 PM   #5
FFLO
Experienced

Ok heres a stupid Question....can I alter the camera angle to give me a view looking at the front of the body? I tried adjusting the horizontal and even the distance by a negative number.......Unfortunatly the camera moves to those points but still pivots around the character so I cannot see his face....I have been using this method (ok don't laugh) where I spin him one direction then jerk it back the other direction...that way I get a quick glimpse of his face......I know...I am a dork..... [img]/forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-22-2003, 02:46 PM   #6
7o'nine
Fanboy

hehe.. unfortunately no.. there doesn't seem to be a thirdpersonangle command like in EF1.
MB52 came up with a sort of solution by doing this:
Open the console and put "+cameralook"
Now you can move the camera around with the mouse... but your character gets limited movement because the mouse is no longer controlling it.
Type -cameralook to get back to normal control..

While in +cameralook you can use the cg_camera commands to move in closer

7o'nine is offline   Reply With Quote